Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
I read an article about Pepe when we signed him and it said he was a risk taker, he was brave and audacious. Sometimes that skill or flick didn't work, sometimes he lost the ball, but when it did work it usually ended up in a great goal-scoring opportunity for his team.

In an Arsenal shirt I've seen no evidence of any of that. If anything he's the opposite, he plays it safe and backwards even when there's an opportunity to get forward. His close control is pretty good, but he doesn't look particularly good at dribbling at pace one on one against a full back.

Maybe it's just a confidence issue, but every time he's had a good game and I think he's going to really push on he just fizzles out again. I hope I'm wrong but I'm starting to think we've got the wrong player.
i do't think that characterises his performance yesterday at all, he was looking to take players on and get it into the box mostly - it's mainly Xhaka and Musatafi who pass it back and forth endlessly.

i iwasn't that impressed with his corners but overall he did well - a close second to Saka for MOTM