User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Neverton (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saka will need to convince more than Martnelli has from the LW position for him to be strongly considered the mainstay there and I don't think he has come close to that in that position yet. Most of his leverage has come him playing left back....which will not be forgotten amidst the contract negotiations. Arteta has also set up the team in such a way to specifically get the left hand side players space. Xhaka to his credit is doing a lot of filling in at left back by design which has provided more opportunities for Saka and Auba than the players on the other side.

If we must sell Auba, it would probably be a pipe dream but we need to try and bet the entire farm on that kid at Dortmund. Increase his wages, promise him the main spot and hope maybe he seems it as some sort of glamorous stepping stone. I don't for a second believe it would work but we have to try. This guy is looking like he's going to be up there with Mbappe for a very long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halaand? Pipe dream is putting it lightly!

When Dortmund inevitably decide to cash in he’s going to have his pick of clubs and blank cheques thrown at him. Unless we spot and develop them ourselves, we won’t be getting our hands on generational talents like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dortmund bought him for 17 million or so, unbelievable in todays market, Dortmund certainly know how to spot talent and get it at a knocked down price. At that price we should have been interested given the Auba situation.

Now that ship has sailed and we'll have zero chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would assume Dortmund signed him with an agreement that when he wants to move on the transfer fee won't be huge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Would assume Dortmund signed him with an agreement that when he wants to move on the transfer fee won't be huge.
    Who knows but I doubt it. Dortmund seem to be good at signing quality players, we need to get their entire team over to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Who knows but I doubt it. Dortmund seem to be good at signing quality players, we need to get their entire team over to us.
    perhaps there is a hefty sell on clause hence the low initial price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20m was his release clause Dortmund paid I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My head says we won't be signing him, while my heart says we won't be signing him. My gut says we won't be signing him. I have a hunch we won't be signing him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Dortmund bought him for 17 million or so, unbelievable in todays market, Dortmund certainly know how to spot talent and get it at a knocked down price. At that price we should have been interested given the Auba situation.

Now that ship has sailed and we'll have zero chance.

Well yes....if we weren't interested before he went there...why the hell not? Nobody would have thought Dortmund would be able to sign him....so you do have to at least try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair Dortmund have long been considered a place for young players to really elevate themselves.

Apparently Halaand only has a 60m release clause, which was insisted on when he signed. So it’s obvious he will be moving on when the time is right. Cheeky bid tbf.