User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Farce Reaction: Arsenal 1-2 (2-2) Olympiakos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t want to be involved in this next year. Aim for 4th or stick with midtable for all I care.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “ A disappointing night at The Emirates.”
    - Arsenal on FB.

Masters of the understatement, as always.

Wankers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was truly worth freezing my knackers off and being a zombie at work tomorrow for. Arteta leaving Laca on for as long as he did would make you cry if you didn't laugh. His movement off the ball in attack was farcical today. The less said about Bellerin's performance today the better and Xhaka was doing his best to roll back the shit years.

I actually thought Pepe was our most dangerous player throughout but this horseshoe formation we were attacking with was really blunt at times. Today's game showed exactly why saying we are scoring less goals as a result of Arteta making us more solid defensively just not the truth. We were a severely blunt instrument today but for an inspired moment from Auba.

He's been really good this season but Leno taking a fuhking age to do everything finally came back to haunt him at the end today and Saka showed why being given 60k a week should not be a foregone conclusion. Far too timid defensively today and stifled too easily in attack.

Also there are far too many middle class fans more interested in practising their new amateur comedy show material than actually supporting the team. Olympiacos away support embarrassed the home support but I suppose that happens every week.

Anyways we are well on course to avoid Europe all together (which is what soo many of our fans seem to want) this season so we can have one nice lovely Saturday game in the sunshine next season. Only we still probably won't make the fuhking top 4 with that one job to do, so yes that's a great bleeding plan!
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 28-02-2020 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that’s Auba and Laca gone in the summer, fucking scary how far we have regressed since Stan turned up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    Well that’s Auba and Laca gone in the summer, fucking scary how far we have regressed since Stan turned up
    I don’t really think we can blame Kroenke, he has been quite generous with funds the past few seasons and we have mainly spent it on duds.

Now you can argue that we have a coaching issue at Arsenal amongst a multitude of problems. It’s been stated by many others in this thread, outside of Auba, our best players this season have been Saka & Martinelli. How is this even possible? Most of our senior players are absolute garbage, they can all go if anybody actually wants to buy them!

Our starting CB Mustafi has been on the market for almost 3 seasons now and nobody wants him! We’ve not had one offer for him, not even a loan, let that sink in.

We absolutely need to blood youth now, in all of the positions bar a few, we also need to be a lot smarter and strategic in our recruitment for two reasons. We are not an attractive destination anymore and we need to focus on either buying young under the radar talents or blooding youth from the academy.

This season has been an abomination, an embarrassment of poor performances and poor results by a bunch of overpaid wasters.

The task in hand to rebuild not only the team but the rotten culture at this club is huge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cake taste good because of its ingredients. A solid house needs good cement and rebar. Our players are really poor. Keeper excepted. None of our senior players is worth 30m in any currency. Auba our most valuable player, yeah, but his penalty miss effectively cost us CL last season and he cant put away the simplest chance when the chips are down. Play the kids, we could be saving 4m per-week on wages and still be at the same performance levels this season, if only we had a more insightful manager and club management. Only in defence do we need to still with some has beens because all our kids there are crocks. We as a football club are akin to Mclaren in F1. Used to be a good team but no matter what they do now they are always also rans.

This team has no alternative attack strategy than give it to Auba....and when Auba goes missing then what. Other teams including lowly ones in the EPL can count on 1 or 2 goals from midfield or defence. We have literally nothing. So Xhaka has not been his woeful self. Can we not improve on him or stick with his stagnant passing from a static position for next season and beyond. Glad I didnt watch it cos it wasnt even shown in these parts. I was certain that we would win. I should have known better.

I have seen nothing from Arteta and these set of players that he constantly picks to see that next season would be any better than this. It could be worse as other teams will seek to improve while we only hope to keep Auba.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    We have been a poor team since at least 2006. Kroenke isnt the problem, then or now, except he should have sacked Wenger since 2010.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would Auba stay though if he still wants to compete in the CL for last few years of his career. The only positive I suppose there are a limited number of clubs that could afford his salary and transfer fee. Real, Barca, Inter, Juve, PSG, Bayern I don't think he would go to another English club.

Problem for our defence is that Chambers, Holding, Tierney and Bellerin have been injured for significant parts of the season. So we haven't been able to let them play together and learn together. Nobody wants Mustafi, Sokratis has gone backwards and Luiz is Luiz. Saka is doing well generally at left back but he has only a handful of games there so will also take time to learn.

We have no goals from midfield and that is always going to cost you, you cant rely on goals from one player if you want to have a successful season. Should never have chosen Ozil above Ramsey for a contract renewal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    We have been a poor team since at least 2006. Kroenke isnt the problem, then or now, except he should have sacked Wenger since 2010.
    I think the turning point was reneging on the Ashley Cole deal, since then we got rid of our invincible team far too quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite sad watching Auba’s interview. Must be feeling the pressure now of carrying this bunch of losers.