User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Farce Reaction: Arsenal 1-2 (2-2) Olympiakos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This club is going nowhere, we're destined to be a midtable club, none of the guys at the top care, everything we do is mediocre including our searches for managers, not sure there's anyway back for us now, not until an owner with ambition takes over which may be a very long time indeed.

I'm guessing our share value must be plummeting.
    Last edited by Özim; 28-02-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    This club is going nowhere, we're destined to be a midtable club, none of the guys at the top care, everything we do is mediocre including our searches for managers, not sure there's anyway back for us now, not until an owner with ambition takes over which may be a very long time indeed.

I'm guessing our share value must be plummeting.
    But...but...anyone would be better than Wenger. You pwomised!

I don't think we're that bad, or that good. We lack creativity in midfield, we don't score enough and we are prone to mistakes at the back - fine lines in football, we were one mistake away from going through last night in which case the mood this morning would be very different. We were all cheered after the Everton result but we were very close to dropping 2 points in injury time there. We are just not solid enough. Last night they came for a smash and grab, it was defence vs attack for most of extra time and while we did score in the end it was only because of a moment of inspiration from Auba, not because we were creating clear chances. I'm not going to throw Leno under the bus for conceding the corner which led to the goal, he's the least of our problems, but we are just not good enough at defending these scenarios.

Last season we were close to a top 4 finish and we got to the Europa final, there's the makings of a decent team there. I'm not convinced we need a complete rebuild but there's definitely work to do. I'm going to give Arteta a free pass this season and I've pretty much written off the rest of the season but next year we need to push on.
    I'll judge him at the end of the season ™. Next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As time goes on I’m really starting to appreciate what Wenger did during the early Emirates years. That Fabregas-led team may have choked when it mattered but the football we played week in, week out was still of a really high standard. Players who most would consider inferior to what we have now were playing great football, working seamlessly together and creating multiple chances a game.

Now it’s so disjointed and even creating one decent chance in a match feels like a chore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But...but...anyone would be better than Wenger. You pwomised!

I don't think we're that bad, or that good. We lack creativity in midfield, we don't score enough and we are prone to mistakes at the back - fine lines in football, we were one mistake away from going through last night in which case the mood this morning would be very different. We were all cheered after the Everton result but we were very close to dropping 2 points in injury time there. We are just not solid enough. Last night they came for a smash and grab, it was defence vs attack for most of extra time and while we did score in the end it was only because of a moment of inspiration from Auba, not because we were creating clear chances. I'm not going to throw Leno under the bus for conceding the corner which led to the goal, he's the least of our problems, but we are just not good enough at defending these scenarios.

Last season we were close to a top 4 finish and we got to the Europa final, there's the makings of a decent team there. I'm not convinced we need a complete rebuild but there's definitely work to do. I'm going to give Arteta a free pass this season and I've pretty much written off the rest of the season but next year we need to push on.
    I'll judge him at the end of the season ™. Next season.
    i agree with a lot of that, we need to acknowledge it's a squad with a range of ability but teh good news is we have some very good and promising young players - if we can hold on to them

i am a bit concerned with team selection and some of the players Arteta's putting trust in. i'm hoping that he's just trying to keep the current squad thinking positively and getting as much out of them this season as he can, but i very much hope he has some marked down to shift out in the summer.

What Keown says below is spot on IMO:

Speaking on BT Sport, Keown said: "It was the first time I felt that the players were not responding to the manager and the manager did not know what changes to make.

"There were so many disappointments in that Arsenal performance. There were so many unprofessional performances from players. Such a poor game for Arsenal.

"If you break down the performance you could have looked at every single player and say that they could have all done more. Nicolas Pepe is going to have to improve. Gabriel Martinelli should have come on a lot earlier. Granit Xhaka was taking the easy way out. A lot of players were not playing their best."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That old goat devastated the club from top to bottom - the fucker didn't miss a nook or a cranny.

Wait for it.

He'll be on here in a flash.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Wait for it.

He'll be on here in a flash.
    Do you mean me?

I continue to be amused by people who spent years pretending Wenger was so bad that literally anyone would do better now 2 managers and 2 seasons after Wenger left, when we are clearly worse than we were in even Wenger's last and worst season, pretending that it's still Wenger's fault.
    Fact is last season we were close to top 4 and we got to the Europa League final. That's what the squad left us with was able to do. Not sparkling but not mid-table and certainly something to build on. This season it has all gone to shit, I don't know if Arteta is the man to sort it out. To think that last night's debacle means he definitely isn't is as foolish as to think that the win at the weekend means he is. But he deserves some time to have a chance to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean me?

I continue to be amused by people who spent years pretending Wenger was so bad that literally anyone would do better now 2 managers and 2 seasons after Wenger left, when we are clearly worse than we were in even Wenger's last and worst season, pretending that it's still Wenger's fault.
    Fact is last season we were close to top 4 and we got to the Europa League final. That's what the squad left us with was able to do. Not sparkling but not mid-table and certainly something to build on. This season it has all gone to shit, I don't know if Arteta is the man to sort it out. To think that last night's debacle means he definitely isn't is as foolish as to think that the win at the weekend means he is. But he deserves some time to have a chance to.
    Fucking hell Arsene give it up ?

Go back to your old peoples home with your cocoa and a blanket over your knees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, a well thought out argument
    I was going to delete that as it really adds nothing to the discussion but I think I'll leave it as it shows how stupid you are and that you actually have no response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean me?

Wenger took us backwards. That’s a fact. He took us from a position of relative strength, finishing 2nd to Leicester that season which was a sackable offence in itself.

He failed to sufficiently strengthen the squad after that.

That aside, despite our horrendous collapse at the end of last season and our embarrassing showing in the Europa Cup Final, Emery outperformed Wenger’s last season. Yes he messed up this season and yes he was rightly sacked, but I certainly don’t long for Wenger. He refused to strengthen the team / squad amongst a number of other issues!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, a well thought out argument
    I was going to delete that as it really adds nothing to the discussion but I think I'll leave it as it shows how stupid you are and that you actually have no response.
    What have I told you before about name calling ?

Haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Let me be stupid please.