User Tag List

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do about the league season?

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really see how a league that hasn't started yet, and that we have no clue when it will, takes precedence over one that has, and that has real results depending on it finishing. The logical thing is to end the season when you can end the season, whether that be in June, August or November. If that means curtailing the next season, foregoing the cups for a year, or further rescheduling around the winter World Cup then so be it.

That, or you just ship everyone out to the Nike cage on an abandoned oil tanker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season? What season.

Can’t wait for the new season.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Null
    Void

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the only way forward.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given I'm top of the GW fantasy league i think they should stop the season right now and current positions should be the final ones

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqiri Is Boss View Post
    I don't really see how a league that hasn't started yet, and that we have no clue when it will, takes precedence over one that has, and that has real results depending on it finishing. The logical thing is to end the season when you can end the season, whether that be in June, August or November. If that means curtailing the next season, foregoing the cups for a year, or further rescheduling around the winter World Cup then so be it.

That, or you just ship everyone out to the Nike cage on an abandoned oil tanker.
    It's logical maybe but is it plausible?

When you consider now there is going to have to be a pre-season essentially for the remaining season restarting due to the time off from playing and also the spectre of player contracts running out by the beginning of July.

What happens with loan deals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    It's logical maybe but is it plausible?

When you consider now there is going to have to be a pre-season essentially for the remaining season restarting due to the time off from playing and also the spectre of player contracts running out by the beginning of July.

What happens with loan deals?
    Just end the season as it stands. No cups because they weren't completed. Hand out the titles, teams at the bottom get relegated (after all, they were shit through almost 30 games). The pandemic is something nobody could control, everyone has paid some sort of price, some the ultimate price. The dead are dead, they can't call it void and live again. People have lost their jobs and won't be getting them back. They don't get a re-run. Companies have gone bust. Pensions have collapsed. Our civil liberties have been suspended. They MIGHT come back, maybe. So tough luck Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich, shit happens - sometimes massive, uncontrollable shit that sprays over everything. At least they get to live with it, rather than die from it. Won't they get a ton of cash because they failed? Top scorers get the golden boot. Statistics are entered into the record books with a little asterisk beside them to designate a shortened season.

Just call it and end it. Liverpool won it easily, the only reason that's disputed is for the comedic purpose of watching Scousers moan more than usual. The bottom three are no loss and won't even make a loss. The FA Cup isn't worth shit to begin with. And it's funny that the greedy UEFA has missed out on the profits from its blatant exploitation of the game.

There's no way this thing starts again. There's no way it would even be legitimate if it did, with half the players possibly suffering from Coronavirus. What's happened so far did so fair and square so call it. I don't even get what the complications are. And if the lawyers turn up for even more cash on top of what shitty, third rate teams already get then tell them to piss off. If the government can pas a law telling us we can't leave our houses then they should have no issues with knocking up a quick GTFO message to the three shittiest teams in each league.

Get it done!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Given I'm top of the GW fantasy league i think they should stop the season right now and current positions should be the final ones
    That too. Get it done.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Season? What season.

Can’t wait for the new season.
    tbh and joking aside, I really haven't missed it. Tip, tap, tip, tap, that'll be 300k please? What's to miss?

I've missed boring old cissy version F1 a lot more. And I miss having the chance to go out for a morning jog through the town, which I certainly would never do because WTF? But it's a shame I don't have the opportunity now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not missed it in the slightest but that’s probably because we were so dire for the majority of the season.

Null and void. It’s the only safe thing to do and if you have to give Liverpool the title then so be it. They’ll win it with an asterisk and to no fanfare, which given how they would have celebrated, is still funny in itself.

Football can do one, there are more important things in life, which has never been so obvious.