User Tag List

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do about the league season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    "The clubs reconfirmed their commitment to finishing the 2019/20 season, maintaining integrity of the competition and welcomed the Government's support."

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...nishing-season

Yes the integrity. Some clubs have had the benefit of playing a team at home whereas others will have to do so at a neutral venue.

Integrity is what they're concerned about. Definitely integrity.
    "Curtailing the season is off the table."

Why is that then? Can they use this newfound integrity to come clean and explain why some options are off the table?

Would it be the "integrity" of their financial dominos that's most important in this careful decision making process?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary Neville has suggested the idea of taking the Premier League abroad to a coronavirus-free quarantined environment to finish the season, as the UK environment isn't safe enough.
    Why is the supermarket I'm about to go to considered safe enough, but not an empty football stadium? I thought being outdoors in wide open spaces was the best place to be in terms of safety? Or maybe this strange virus is particularly virulent in massive open air venues that have a huge field in the middle.

All I ask for when people are lying to my face is consistency. Please be consistent in your stupid lies.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    "Curtailing the season is off the table."

Why is that then? Can they use this newfound integrity to come clean and explain why some options are off the table?

Would it be the "integrity" of their financial dominos that's most important in this careful decision making process?
    I think we would all respect them a lot more if they just came out and said "we're doing it for the money".

Coming out with nonsense about integrity when it is a completely different season to what happened before makes them look so stupid.

How it can logistically happen without taking key workers away from where they otherwise might be needed, I don't really get.

Also, how long was the queue at your supermarket? Ours was six people, including me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we would all respect them a lot more if they just came out and said "we're doing it for the money".

Coming out with nonsense about integrity when it is a completely different season to what happened before makes them look so stupid.

How it can logistically happen without taking key workers away from where they otherwise might be needed, I don't really get.

Also, how long was the queue at your supermarket? Ours was six people, including me.
    About 30 people and 15 minutes I would say. All very well observed. 2 metres distance. Washed down trolleys. Staff in PPE.

And then an absolute fucking free for all once inside with no attention paid to safety. Loads of stuff on the shelves.

Apart from flour of course.

One interesting addition, they now have a one way system set up in the booze section. You follow the arrows and barriers. If you aren't pissed in the first place I guess.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah bit of a free-for-all inside, it's like Pac-Man.

Has all gone a bit IKEA too really.

Also, West Ham and Brighton aren't in favour of neutral venues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah bit of a free-for-all inside, it's like Pac-Man.

Has all gone a bit IKEA too really.

Also, West Ham and Brighton aren't in favour of neutral venues.
    Next they'll be complaining about the advantage Arsenal will have from playing in silent stadiums.

Why can't the teams play at their own stadiums again? The emergency services are there primarily for the fans, aren't they? There won't be any fans. And all teams have doctors and medical facilities, probably facilities better than some hospitals.

So what's the main problem they are so worried about? Have they somehow found a way to make more money off this neutral venue thing?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All i can say is that if we have to play all our remaining games away from home it's for us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the league is now considering playing shorter games to help fit in so many in such a short space of time.

Of course, playing 90 games under different conditions to the rest of the season, really helps keep the integrity of it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's just have an online Fifa tournament and be done with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Let's just have an online Fifa tournament and be done with it.
    This all ends up in court doesn’t it?

How can you change the length of matches half way through a season and expect people to think its ok.