User Tag List

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do about the league season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could they not just kidnap family members and use them for leverage?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky news reporting that leagues can get rid of VAR when they or if they return to finish this season.

So, the final 90 odd games are likely to be:

- played in neutral venues
    - No VAR
    - halves of less then 45 minutes

But sure, this will keep the integrity of the season going and not end up in court

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they serious about the FEWER than 45 minutes thing? I thought that was a joke.

I mean it IS a joke if that's what they actually intend.

Can't you catch a virus in 1 second? What does shortening the halves supposedly achieve?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Are they serious about the FEWER than 45 minutes thing? I thought that was a joke.

I mean it IS a joke if that's what they actually intend.

Can't you catch a virus in 1 second? What does shortening the halves supposedly achieve?
    i think it's so players don't use so much energy and can therefore recover more quickly to play the next game

let's face it the whole thing is a joke they should just call it off
    Last edited by Mac76; 08-05-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't see what difference it makes. What they should say is no injury time, red cards for anyone feigning injury or wasting time.

It's going to be a completely different season, common sense is going out of the window and the season will resume come what may, so they should just go nuts with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multi ball!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next it'll be women linesmen.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i think it's so players don't use so much energy and can therefore recover more quickly to play the next game

let's face it the whole thing is a joke they should just call it off
    That's what squads are for. Give the younger kids a chance to play. They are probably better footballers than the overpaid lazy fucks that are keeping them out of the team based on contractual agreements.

Either play the damn game or don't. All this "guided by the integrity" BS is fooling nobody.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIFA have relaxed the rules to say that any competition that resumes can amend their rules to allow 5 subs per match. If game goes to extra time, they still get the extra sub if that competition allows like the FA Cup.

With all these rules changes, the league will be so far off what was played earlier in teh season so there is no integrity.

Best thing to do is scrap it, void it & start again in September or even October when crowds are being allowed back.

If sky & BT demand their money back, i think the league should state they will only give it back if they reimburse their customers who would have paid subscriptions. Why should sky etc get all the money back if they don’t return it to the customers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    FIFA have relaxed the rules to say that any competition that resumes can amend their rules to allow 5 subs per match. If game goes to extra time, they still get the extra sub if that competition allows like the FA Cup.

With all these rules changes, the league will be so far off what was played earlier in teh season so there is no integrity.

Best thing to do is scrap it, void it & start again in September or even October when crowds are being allowed back.

If sky & BT demand their money back, i think the league should state they will only give it back if they reimburse their customers who would have paid subscriptions. Why should sky etc get all the money back if they don’t return it to the customers?
    That last point is a very good one, i'd have thought subscribers could launch a pretty good collective action on those grounds if the TV people got their money back

Also agree it's getting ridiculous now, they should just N&V and have done with it