User Tag List

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do about the league season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    That last point is a very good one, i'd have thought subscribers could launch a pretty good collective action on those grounds if the TV people got their money back

Also agree it's getting ridiculous now, they should just N&V and have done with it
    Sky & BT would be on shaky ground arguing that they deserve their money back from the league because no season took place and then saying to the paying public, that they cant have a refund.

And lets face it, the league does make so much money for sky that they’ll continue showing it. They wont want to lose the income especially given Netflix, Amazon etc can run it at a loss for a few years to pressure to sky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky and BT have already allowed subscribers to suspend payments for Sky Sports and BT Sports while still allowing access to the channels. So they are on extremely solid ground.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to know what all the contracts say.
    Back in the day if you paid for “Sky Sports” then you’re just paying for the channel, not any specific content.
    Sure, you might have subscribed mainly to watch football but if they’re still showing content then they could fairly reasonably say you’re still getting a service.
    Now they’ve split it into a load of sports channels, if some of those are specific to football and you subscribe to that one then they’re on shakier ground as it’s clear what you’ve subscribed for.
    I don’t know how the Sky bundles work, do all the sports things come as a package or do you subscribe specifically to certain channels?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It would be interesting to know what all the contracts say.
    Back in the day if you paid for “Sky Sports” then you’re just paying for the channel, not any specific content.
    Sure, you might have subscribed mainly to watch football but if they’re still showing content then they could fairly reasonably say you’re still getting a service.
    Now they’ve split it into a load of sports channels, if some of those are specific to football and you subscribe to that one then they’re on shakier ground as it’s clear what you’ve subscribed for.
    I don’t know how the Sky bundles work, do all the sports things come as a package or do you subscribe specifically to certain channels?
    True but on the other hand, the premier league could say to sky, well you paid for football and you showed it so why should we give you money back? I wonder if the contract between the league & broadcasters states that any football shown counts regardless whether that game or season is null & void.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brighton say a third player has tested positive for Coronavirus.

Sky Sports ticker.

Integrity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another nail in the coffin of 'project restart', hopefully

Although .... is this a Brighton plot to avoid relegation?

Did they get tips from Johnson on how to get a dose of CV for the sympathy vote?

We deserve to be told....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want this season to be N&V so I can troll my liverpool supporting friends..
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So no sport until 1st June at earliest and behind closed doors until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    So no sport until 1st June at earliest and behind closed doors until further notice.
    The Scousers must be crapping themselves 😁

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Null and void is off the table, so this shit show will have its conclusion in one way or another.

I’m thinking they will have to do the points per game thing, as I don’t see a big appetite from the players to get going again.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 11-05-2020 at 09:56 PM.