User Tag List

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: What would you do about the league season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine all the BBC matches will involve the dregs. No chance they’re getting any say given it’s the other broadcasters who’ve paid big money for the rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes it's no surprise really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Of course they haven't, plus in any case that's all rubbish, the high street didn't 'come through' most of it was closed

And amazon deliveries were mostly still very quick
    So you had a different experience. Maybe you live in a shit community. A large number of shops in my town quickly went online and diversified into sourcing and delivering all the things Amazon and the supermarkets couldn't. They did a great job and I'll be continuing to pay them instead of that queer cunt Bezos. Amazon was shit throughout. No stock. Price gougers. Tons of chink accounts. Shitty delivery times that were always being extended. I'll stick with what worked.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I imagine all the BBC matches will involve the dregs. No chance they’re getting any say given it’s the other broadcasters who’ve paid big money for the rights.
    It'll be nice to see Arsenal on BBC again.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So you had a different experience. Maybe you live in a shit community. A large number of shops in my town quickly went online and diversified into sourcing and delivering all the things Amazon and the supermarkets couldn't. They did a great job and I'll be continuing to pay them instead of that queer cunt Bezos. Amazon was shit throughout. No stock. Price gougers. Tons of chink accounts. Shitty delivery times that were always being extended. I'll stick with what worked.
    Have to say my experience has been similar to Mac’s.
    Things I would generally have bought on the high street I got from Amazon because there wasn’t an alternative.
    Prices were fine, delivery times were good (as discussed, I have Prime, so maybe that helped).
    I think the high street as it was has pretty much died and I doubt it’s coming back.
    Supermarkets are convenient, Amazon is convenient.
    And both have the buying power (and, let’s face it, they exploit their workers) to make it cheap.

You make hark back to a simpler time when everyone would go to the butchers and fishmongers and they’d all know everyone but that’s gone now. But don’t worry, I have over 300 FB friends instead and am universally loved on here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't buy stuff I don't need. So I'm talking day to day items like flour, organic vegetables, meat,.. In the first couple of weeks the supermarkets had none of this. Small providers stepped in to cover the shortages, probably not possible in cities but it worked well in a rural community. As for Amazon, they consistently refuse to put filters on their site that allow Chinese sellers to be excluded. 50% of the platform has been swamped by Chinese accounts in the last few years and the service and quality across the board has dropped sharply as a result. Legitimate sellers are being pushed out. People who like cheap, disposable consumer goods will see this as a good thing (while warning us the planet is running out of resources, I suppose). But if you want quality and authenticity, Amazon is pot luck.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say I’ve shopped more at local businesses during this whole thing, they had everything we needed during the early days when you couldn’t find anything on supermarket shelves. There’s also something quite nice about being remembered when you return and striking up a convo with the butcher or baker etc. Also for what it’s worth I think the quality of produce is also much better. Obviously supermarkets are great for convenience but my eyes have definitely been opened to local business now and I’ll try to support them when I can.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do a mixture, supermarket to get me through most of the days in the week, then the local shops to top me up getting to the same point the following week.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53058264

Fans on big screens and cameras to celebrate in front of.

Drinks break of one minute midway through each half.

Integrity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always felt that one thing missing from football is the audio from the coin toss.

This is all increasingly farcical.