User Tag List

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do about the league season?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you do about the league season?

I know there are more important matters to consider but this is a football based forum after all.

This is all on the assumption UEFA will delay the European Championships to next year.

Personally I can't see how the season will complete between now and the summer.

Every alternate I am thinking of as below is riddled with flaws in them:

Something like they do in Argentina where they average out the position over the last couple of season or so.

Move the Cups until later in to next season (no way will they just not play them) and complete the last part of this season running alongside the current season whilst having an expanded Premier League.

Also every decision made about the Premier League has an impact on each league further down the line.

It's crap for the clubs that would win the league, be promoted and great for the clubs that would've been relegated but thinking about it all, declaring null and void seems to be the only clean way around it all.

---------

Putting this in Arsenal debate as it will have an impact on us of course too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they’ll have to scrap the cups and Euro 2020 and complete the league fixtures when they can.
    Anything else gets you into a world of litigation when it comes to promotions and relegations.
    We stitched Spurs up a century ago (Spurs ), and they still bang on about it.
    Imagine that but with a group of teams in every division whining that they were denied promotion and the money that brings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's past July 1st you have the issue regarding loan deals or if not that then player contracts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Yeah, that’s a whole other mess they’d have to sort out.
    I guess they’d have to change the transfer window.
    One issue - Spurs fans are getting excited at the prospect of completing the season with Son and Kane now.
    Which means they’ll have an advantage they wouldn’t have had were the world not ending.
    You could argue that sort of thing evens out - other clubs will also have players returning from injury.
    But it disproportionately gives an advantage to clubs with more injuries.
    Not sure there is much you can do about that.

If the season does complete then the end result won’t be exactly what it would have been but it’s probably the least bad option.

A friend (jokingly) said the rest of the season should be decided by Pools Panel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Null and void. Obviously it's daylight robbery for Liverpool but going forward with the calendar totally out of sync, I'm not sure how you could reset it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the thing, logistically it is a nightmare.

When you consider there is supposed to be a winter World Cup in 2022 it seems impossible to juggle the seasons around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect the whole Liverpool victim bandwagon will skew any decision - if it was us, the PL would be falling over themselves to null the season, but you can bet they won't want to scrap the 'fairytale' title win for the Heysel murderers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Null and void.

I'm not sure it would be fair, but it would be hilarious.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I suspect the whole Liverpool victim bandwagon will skew any decision - if it was us, the PL would be falling over themselves to null the season

You literally just accused Liverpool of having a victim mentality and then immediately claimed that we are the victims of some anti-Arsenal sentiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the event of a null and void season, I’m guessing all the goals scored would be wiped out? ie Auba would have to hit 50 goals for us again? Aguero would no longer be the highest scoring foreign player etc?