Page 115 of 707 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Perhaps its time to bring in a German style insurance based healthcare system.....
    bullshit, it's not the fault of the NHS, it's the free-market Tory governments constantly undermining it and who have also been slow to respond to this crisis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps its time to bring in a German style insurance based healthcare system.....
    The Germans do seem to have done well in all this.
    I don’t know if that’s because of their healthcare or they got testing or social distancing right early.
    Lot of data to crunch and analysis to be done when this is all over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pubs

Close them all down, turn them into Mosques.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You didn’t make an argument in the first place.
    You simply made an assertion. You said:

“If you look at the numbers the US has done a pretty good job.”

On cross examination you admitted you weren’t basing that on “numbers”, plural, but a single number.
    One which increases every day.

The US are about 10th in the world for both cases and deaths per population (ignoring piddling countries like San Marino and Vatican City whose tiny populations skew the numbers).
    The number of active cases suggest their final position may end up being higher.

My adjusted graph may well show that the Italians have done worse than the US, the video you posted may help explain that - Italy have an older population, not as good a health care.

But just because the US aren’t the worst country in the world that absolutely doesn’t back up your ridiculous assertion that
    “the US has done a pretty good job.”
    They absolutely haven’t, and if you look at the numbers, with an s, and consider how those numbers are changing over time, you’ll see that.

Your argument is basically “Arsenal aren’t as bad as Norwich, therefore we’ve done a pretty good job this season”.
    The lengths you'll go to. I gave you links to articles that explain the condition you are suffering from. You should read them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The lengths you'll go to. I gave you links to articles that explain the condition you are suffering from. You should read them.
    No rebuttal I see
    This really is simple, dude;
    The US not being the worst does not mean that they have done a “pretty good job”.
    I did try and use a football analogy to try and explain that.
    I don’t think you’re really too dense to understand it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing can be judged, let alone decided at this point. The models and projections and data the "scientists" (who aren't real scientists) have been working with and have advised government with are utter BS. As close to meaningless as makes no odds.

First thing that needs to happen is for a team of INDEPENDENT (no ties to the Gates Foundation or WHO) researchers to collate as much real data as possible and tell us about SARS-CoV-2 and its real impact. Once we know that, all the questions will change and we'll be asking how the whole world was led into a blind panic by technocrats posing as professional scientists. Then we can ask why real scientists were ignored during the last 20 years when they have been telling us with clarity a pandemic is on the way. And we can then ask why our health services were so unprepared.

Instead, this will all become political and it will be bullshit about which stuffed shirt of a politician should resign. The culprits in this, the incompetent fucks who spend their whole lives predicting doom and disaster always to be wrong, will walk through the raindrops as usual.

We'll ask all the wrong questions. NHS will be fine as it is in terms of boots on the ground. Just get big pharma out, get the army of bureaucrats out and spend the mountain of savings on staff and equipment. We need to get back to the 400k beds we had when the service was opened. We only have a quarter of that right now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    No rebuttal I see
    This really is simple, dude;
    The US not being the worst does not mean that they have done a “pretty good job”.
    I did try and use a football analogy to try and explain that.
    I don’t think you’re really too dense to understand it.
    You can go back in the thread to read all my arguments. Won't be playing your childish game of going over the same ground repeatedly until you "win" by attrition. The record speaks for itself. You've shown yourself up and now you are churning as much snow as possible in the hope the blizzard will conceal the mess.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    bullshit, it's not the fault of the NHS, it's the free-market Tory governments constantly undermining it and who have also been slow to respond to this crisis
    And Labour. Particularly Labour. It was a Labour government that did more than Maggie could have even dreamed of doing. Labour delivered the NHS on a plate to the Tories. One hand washing the other.
    Für eure Sicherheit