Page 121 of 707 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just cited two personal articles labelled as news, or am I missing something here?

As soon as any one posted anything from the BBC, you leap on it as being untrue.

Now you've found articles that hint at what you believe, the BBC all of a sudden is to be trusted. There was no nuance or concessions from you before, so why now? It's a flip flop position that undermines everything you say. You reply as though any post of yours is always controlled and rational, yet all previous references to the BBC are as heightened as angered as it can get (within the confines of a internet forum).

There's only one of us here that believes they are an educator to everyone else and there is nothing weird about pointing out how contradictory and flexible your positions are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other shoe has dropped after China's alleged banning of the thousands of disease infested wet markets around that country. They are now offering a 9% rebate for the EXPORT of these wild animals and associated products (such as rhino horns) to other nations. Presumably nobody will be taking them up on such a generous offer.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    You just cited two personal articles labelled as news, or am I missing something here?

As soon as any one posted anything from the BBC, you leap on it as being untrue.

Now you've found articles that hint at what you believe, the BBC all of a sudden is to be trusted. There was no nuance or concessions from you before, so why now? It's a flip flop position that undermines everything you say. You reply as though any post of yours is always controlled and rational, yet all previous references to the BBC are as heightened as angered as it can get (within the confines of a internet forum).

There's only one of us here that believes they are an educator to everyone else and there is nothing weird about pointing out how contradictory and flexible your positions are.
    It'd be interesting to see where I claimed the BBC should be trusted. I could cite a string of historical reasons why the BBC is very much untrustworthy, and I have done. It seems you are suggesting that on the odd occasion when they produce something useful I should refrain from highlighting it, because I have previously criticised them. That's not a rational demand. The two circumstances are not mutually exclusive. It's probably some element of black and white reasoning on your part that has prevented you seeing this. In which case it's understandable you are agitated by what you interpret as a contradiction.

You're right about the anger. When I see them plastering their fake news all over the screens and pages during times of crisis it does make me very angry. Whether it's countless Iraqis being bombed to death or people huddled in their homes, afraid, denied the sober facts, I do indeed get very angry at the types of people who would engage in hype, fakery and downright lies to promote such outcomes.

Yes, I absolutely hate them. But it doesn't mean I think they are lying about the weather forecast.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well let's see, am I wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well let's see, am I wrong?
    If you're leaving it up to me to decide for you then yes, you are wrong. I explained why.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All previous from you, in this very thread:

None of it makes it onto the Bought By China (BBC) mouthpiece
    The reds at the BBC aren't mentioning that either
    Commie news outlets like NBC and the BBC are now trying to pretend that "wet" refers to the water they use to hose these markets down. Lying bastards. Wet means blood. Always has. Still does.
    You even threw in an illustrative lie about the fake news on the BBC which you are intent to defend, even though I showed you the historical record in that instance.
    Where's the nuance?
    Last edited by McNamara That Ghost...; 14-04-2020 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Found another one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All previous from you, in this very thread:

Where's the nuance?
    Nuance? I just said, "I absolutely hate them." Is that not clear enough?

Are you proposing that because I hate the politically motivated communists that have infested the BBC, it logically follows none of the information they report can be informative? You are equating two different things here, aren't you? I even gave you the example of the weather forecast. The same applies to the useful pieces I found today.

What, do you think the BBC lot are all going to wear red stars and talk of the glorious leader? Propaganda has moved on a bit. Their lies by repetition, omission and all the other methods they deploy actually need to be counterbalanced by real news. It would be horribly obvious otherwise. And even with the most blatant sources, such as the Guardian, you can still get great journalists like Glenn Greenwald.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weather is a straw man argument and you know it.

Clearly we're talking about the same subject matter (COVID 19) within the same organisation you spend weeks deriding.

And there we have it, the BBC are a communist propaganda tool, until they aren't. Also if what you say is the case, then those articles aren't there because they're any more true than the others - it's just different information from the overall red wall blockade from the BEEB to somehow put us off the scent of their Marxist ideals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weather is a straw man argument and you know it.

Clearly we're talking about the same subject matter (COVID 19) within the same organisation you spend weeks deriding.

And there we have it, the BBC are a communist propaganda tool, until they aren't. Also if what you say is the case, then those articles aren't there because they're any more true than the others - it's just different information from the overall red wall blockade from the BEEB to somehow put us off the scent of their Marxist ideals.
    Well you can get bitter about it, or you can actually take what I said in the context it was intended.

And it has been YEARS of deriding the BBC, not weeks. It's not something I came up with since January. I never once claimed they had ceased to be a communist propaganda tool. I simply stated that sometimes actual news will come out of the BBC, just as it used to come out of TAS. That's the nature of a propaganda operation, as already explained. I know you understand the concept. It's not as if I'm talking to Letters.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMF declares estimated 3% decline in global economy for 2020. 6.5% in the UK. If true, the UK is set for a crisis at least on par with the Great Depression, likely worse. Let's remember that figure and check it against the facts next April.
    Für eure Sicherheit