Page 126 of 707 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Nothing should ever happen just to create jobs - there are always other projects that actually have a benefit, rather than - in this case - creating a white elephant and tearing up large tracts of unspoilt countryside in the process

Another stupid decision by a pathetic and destructive government
    The whole idea of mass transit and congested cities should be examined after this pandemic. Should have been examined after the 1918 pandemic, tbf. But this time the lessons need to be learned. We could use Agenda 2030 as a blueprint for everything we shouldn't be doing. Going back to a dispersed population, smaller cities, local industry and agriculture and significantly less reliance on importing would provide an in-built defence against future human health threats. Organic, rather than factory farming. Local meat processing. Local markets. Real sustainability as opposed to the bullshit version that seeks to be green while at the same time maintaining industrialised growth - or the factory farming of peoples' labour, to give it better description. The "green" movement is too thick to see how they are being manipulated. Of course it would take 100 years to fully realise a sustainable system, but you have to start somewhere.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like another 3 weeks of lockdown is impending. Not much of a surprise really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least another 3 weeks of this lockdown, by the sounds of it. Real damage being done now. It's a hard time for families losing family members to this virus. But it's also a hard time for families with no jobs, no incomes and the increasing threat of no future. The so-called experts who predicted doom (as usual) have been wrong, wrong and wrong again. Taiwan isn't dying and there's no lockdown there. Instead they are using scientific, logical and appropriate measures to combat the Chinese virus while maintaining their economy, and I suspect they'll grow it significantly as companies flee China and seek an alternative.

Brits didn't hide in their shelters for months during the blitz. They took precautions, sheltered when necessary and then came out and got on with the war effort. It's time for us to stop hiding now. We're reaching a point where any benefits of isolation are set to be swamped by the negative consequences.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That said, the nation is joining together for a singalong.

This is sooooooooo last week. Bored of all the plucky community pap. Nurses dancing in New York. etc. etc.

Perhaps a good step would be to shutdown Faceboot and Twatter during this crisis so we don't have to endure more suffering.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If nothing else comes out of this, at the very least Huawei needs to be booted out of the country along with their shitty spyware products.

Instead, their UK chief is claiming he's received guarantees from Raab that the CCP front masquerading as a telecoms firm will not be politically victimised, no punitive compensation will be sought and the amazingly ill advised project will go ahead. These CCP stooges lie for a living, so this may or may not be true. If true, Raab needs to be fired, today, and probably locked up. If true, he's a threat to the security and stability of the nation. The media sort of, kind of, maybe should take a break from the death toll and report on this a bit?

If true - and there's no confirmation yet, burning mobile towers should become a national pastime. We could run a regional league table.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That said, the nation is joining together for a singalong.

This is sooooooooo last week. Bored of all the plucky community pap. Nurses dancing in New York. etc. etc.
    Someone on a local FB group I'm in posted a video of some street dancing around like dicks to the YMCA.
    I'd literally have to move house if I lived anywhere near those pricks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Someone on a local FB group I'm in posted a video of some street dancing around like dicks to the YMCA.
    I'd literally have to move house if I lived anywhere near those pricks.
    It's actually counterproductive. On our FB group (specific to two streets) we were getting on quite well, helping people with shopping and prescriptions, etc. It was useful, even though it's on FB. Then people started coming up with these stupid ideas like dancing in the street. And fewer people posted after that because I guess they didn't want to do it but also felt they weren't joining in with the community spirit. But that spirit was already there, with people helping each other out in practical terms. We didn't need irrelevant stupidity on the back of what was already working. And that stupidity has led to maybe a 80% decline in people engaging. Shame.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another interesting thing about actually knowing the "friends" you have on FB, because they live on the street - there's no nastiness or stupidness or fakery. Very different to the type of crap that goes on on Twatter where everyone is a keyboard superhero. The real world is always better than the virtual world.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I planted onions today. They probably won't grow. But if they do, I'm going to eat them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Niall_Quinn;451134But if they do, I'm going to eat them.[/QUOTE]

that's a pretty sensible thing to do with onions