Page 127 of 707 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's actually counterproductive. On our FB group (specific to two streets) we were getting on quite well, helping people with shopping and prescriptions, etc. It was useful, even though it's on FB. Then people started coming up with these stupid ideas like dancing in the street. And fewer people posted after that because I guess they didn't want to do it but also felt they weren't joining in with the community spirit. But that spirit was already there, with people helping each other out in practical terms. We didn't need irrelevant stupidity on the back of what was already working. And that stupidity has led to maybe a 80% decline in people engaging. Shame.
    agree with all this - all this dancing and wa*nking on facebook etc is just typical of the me, me, me culture that sees gesture as more important than practical help

also if people really wanted to show community spirit towards thier neighbours they could stop doing the following:

- playing loud music while they wash their cars (again)
    - whistling loudly in the garden
    - using leaf-blowers
    - going into the garden to talk/skype to people on loudspeaker
    - playing music in the garden

These should all be offences punished with a minimum £1k fine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    wa*nking
    What was the point of the asterisk if you're going to put the n too anyway?
    You stupid cu*nt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with all this - all this dancing and wa*nking on facebook etc is just typical of the me, me, me culture that sees gesture as more important than practical help

also if people really wanted to show community spirit towards thier neighbours they could stop doing the following:

- playing loud music while they wash their cars (again)
    - whistling loudly in the garden
    - using leaf-blowers
    - going into the garden to talk/skype to people on loudspeaker
    - playing music in the garden

These should all be offences punished with a minimum £1k fine
    right on cue some c**t just came into his garden and started playing music and whislting along with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What was the point of the asterisk if you're going to put the n too anyway?
    You stupid cu*nt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile our brave bobbies are putting their talents to good use once again...

https://twitter.com/bawdynan/status/1250506872987291655

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's a pretty sensible thing to do with onions
    The idea just came to me out of nowhere. If nobody else has thought of it, I'm going to apply for a patent.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I swear i read a news article the other day saying that farms have had higher than usual number of applications this year from brits.

if this is the case, then its not great that the farms are going to Eastern Europe for labour given they will still have to pay the minimum wage so no savings there as such. Given there is likely to be huge job losses, you would have thought the governemnt might step in to say that local workers should be given priority especially as harvests last a good few months. While not a permenant solution, it would help some bring in money during this crisis as farm workers are designated key workers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile our brave bobbies are putting their talents to good use once again...

https://twitter.com/bawdynan/status/1250506872987291655
    As one wag on Twatter suggests, the next time you witness a robbery or assault, call the cops and tell them a possible sunbathing incident is in progress.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I swear i read a news article the other day saying that farms have had higher than usual number of applications this year from brits.

if this is the case, then its not great that the farms are going to Eastern Europe for labour given they will still have to pay the minimum wage so no savings there as such. Given there is likely to be huge job losses, you would have thought the governemnt might step in to say that local workers should be given priority especially as harvests last a good few months. While not a permenant solution, it would help some bring in money during this crisis as farm workers are designated key workers
    There has been a major recruitment drive and plenty of people have signed up. But there's still a shortfall. We can't fuck around with the harvest, no time for politics on that. If nothing else works then at least the harvest has to or else we're all fucked in more ways than can be imagined.

Truth of it is, the UK has been converted to a service economy and the majority of workers sit on their arses all day tapping at keyboards. Such people would be little better than useless in the fields. I'm not saying they wouldn't want to pitch in. They just wouldn't be capable. They foreign workers who come in know what they are doing and they do it well.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    There has been a major recruitment drive and plenty of people have signed up. But there's still a shortfall. We can't fuck around with the harvest, no time for politics on that. If nothing else works then at least the harvest has to or else we're all fucked in more ways than can be imagined.

Truth of it is, the UK has been converted to a service economy and the majority of workers sit on their arses all day tapping at keyboards. Such people would be little better than useless in the fields. I'm not saying they wouldn't want to pitch in. They just wouldn't be capable. They foreign workers who come in know what they are doing and they do it well.
    Yes & no.

Fruit picking requires no skills as such. It’s just manual labour & anyone can do it. Those are the jobs that are required at the moment i believe.

For the harvesting of wheat etc. Then yes you cant just have anyone as you need to be trained to drive tractors with large trailers safely etc and (could be wrong here) i believe that requires a specific driving licence.