User Tag List

Page 13 of 707 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    These new curbs are basically a free pass for any pocket Hitlers in the police right now to bother people for no particular reason
    Unfortunately. This is why people needed to have a functioning brain to steer the narrow path between what was acceptable and what was not. It was more than acceptable to ask people to self isolate to try to dampen down the coming pressure on the NHS. But the army of mindlessly selfish cunts out there decided not to assist. So now, people with the best intentions as well as those with the darkest wet dreams have an opportunity to lock it all down. And wait and see - if they call on brown shirts to stomp up and down your street, the mindless cunts who were sunbathing through this will be the first to volunteer.

Too many thick people now. Too many people who are proud of their ignorance. Not entirely their fault. The "progressive" lunatics who have been allowed to run wild through the political and education system need to shoulder a lot of the blame.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I just saw something on a local FB group about someone being stopped in their car late last night and being asked where he was going.
    He had to produce documents proving he was a "key worker".
    Holy shit! Is this where are are now? We can't go for a drive? i mean, I don't know why you would do that late at night but what's the issue if you do?
    By definition you're in a vehicle thus won't be spreading the virus.

#MakeOrwellFictionAgain
    BUT CARBON MAN! Deadly fossil fuels! About time people got arrested for driving and causing the whole world to end in 2012.

They don't actually have powers of arrest in these situations.

Yet.

But the media is working hard to get that in place.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nation’s drunks will be delighted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Unfortunately. This is why people needed to have a functioning brain to steer the narrow path between what was acceptable and what was not. It was more than acceptable to ask people to self isolate to try to dampen down the coming pressure on the NHS. But the army of mindlessly selfish cunts out there decided not to assist. So now, people with the best intentions as well as those with the darkest wet dreams have an opportunity to lock it all down. And wait and see - if they call on brown shirts to stomp up and down your street, the mindless cunts who were sunbathing through this will be the first to volunteer.

Too many thick people now. Too many people who are proud of their ignorance. Not entirely their fault. The "progressive" lunatics who have been allowed to run wild through the political and education system need to shoulder a lot of the blame.
    really? i thought it was the daily mail, sun, etc attitude of flog people in public without mercy, present everything as black-and-white, forget facts, truth or nuance, 'it's either this or it's that' mentality that was to blame...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nation’s drunks will be delighted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260
    Indeed.

Drunks
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    really? i thought it was the daily mail, sun, etc attitude of flog people in public without mercy, present everything as black-and-white, forget facts, truth or nuance, 'it's either this or it's that' mentality that was to blame...
    The media is just a network of repeaters. Like everyone else, they work for whoever pays the bills.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many thick people now. Too many people who are proud of their ignorance.
    Brexit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah. Germany has become about as reliable as China when it comes to reporting state related statistics. They've probably excluded a whole number of cases from that data because the victims would have been offended in some manner or another (and I'm only partly joking). Also, nobody has made it clear what a COVID19 related fatality actually is yet. So before the political super-dickheads start awarding the prizes (as they were doing for China earlier in the week and Singapore before that), let's wait until "the season" is over. Knobs on Twitter imagine it's a couple more weeks of holiday and old people dying and then back to their normal, pointless existence.
    I actually don't think there is an issue with countries deliberately misreporting the numbers, but the numbers are meaningless because it entirely depends on how much testing they're doing. The number of celebs infected implies that either this thing disproportionately affects them, or it's just that they're monied and therefore more likely to be tested. Because they're better than us, so we need to make sure they're OK. Chances are loads of people are infected and don't know it. We've all been a bit under the weather here, I think it's just a cold but it could be "it". But we've not been tested so we'll never know. Till a couple of weeks ago I was commuting which is not conducive to social distancing, who knows what I might have picked up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually don't think there is an issue with countries deliberately misreporting the numbers, but the numbers are meaningless because it entirely depends on how much testing they're doing. The number of celebs infected implies that either this thing disproportionately affects them, or it's just that they're monied and therefore more likely to be tested. Because they're better than us, so we need to make sure they're OK. Chances are loads of people are infected and don't know it. We've all been a bit under the weather here, I think it's just a cold but it could be "it". But we've not been tested so we'll never know. Till a couple of weeks ago I was commuting which is not conducive to social distancing, who knows what I might have picked up.
    The Chinese lied, covered-up, arrested "whistleblowers", disappeared doctors and journalists and only came clean when they couldn't possibly hide the facts. So some, certainly, have lied. And the World Health Organisation lied right along with them.

But true, it depends on testing and it depends on the conditions under which the initial outbreaks occurred, government responses, response from the population, a multitude of factors. Which is why is isn't helpful to have Twatter mongs trying to score points in their fantasy death league. But I guess that's what Twatter mongs do.
    Für eure Sicherheit