Page 158 of 707 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    As ever, great timing by the mop-haired national hero, he can now be the one who starts easing things off, having conveniently missed the part where lockdown was at its firmest
    So you're thinking he caught Coronavirus as part of a bigger plan?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a real conspiracy theorist loon would think something like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So you're thinking he caught Coronavirus as part of a bigger plan?

I didn't believe a word of his illness until he went to hospital, but he may have tried to give himself a mild dose which got out of control or maybe he just caught it anyway in a wonderful moment of irony. If you think about it, reports of him being 'ill' came a long time before it got to the hospital stage

Anyway surely you of all people isn't being sceptical about a conspiracy theory - what would the lizard people say?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh FFS, will you two stop comparing tin foil hats?!
    They're both very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh FFS, will you two stop comparing tin foil hats?!
    They're both very nice.
    Well you're welcome to go back to arguing with NQ over graphs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was interesting from Boris's triumphant return

n the speech on Monday morning, Mr Johnson said he understood concerns from business-owners who were impatient to end the lockdown, but warned a second peak of the outbreak could lead to "economic disaster".
    Could it though, Boris? I mean, we are heading for that anyway. Again, looking at the numbers we are not going to have Spanish flu style numbers from this thing, we've only just passed 20,000 and the infamous curve is flattening such that we're not going to get anywhere near 50,000.
    Now obviously, that's a lot of dead people, and that is clearly a bad thing. But does it warrant shutting down businesses and people's way of life for this long?
    Obviously what we can't know is how the numbers would have been different had we not gone in to lockdown - they'd definitely be worse, but how much worse? And how many deaths will this lockdown cause because of people not being able to get treatment and diagnosis for other conditions. Plus there's the toll on people's mental health.

In brief: LIBERATE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't believe a word of his illness until he went to hospital, but he may have tried to give himself a mild dose which got out of control or maybe he just caught it anyway in a wonderful moment of irony. If you think about it, reports of him being 'ill' came a long time before it got to the hospital stage

Anyway surely you of all people isn't being sceptical about a conspiracy theory - what would the lizard people say?
    My "conspiracy theories" involve balance sheets and profit margins and can be evidenced by actual cash sums, transfers and beneficiaries. The "lizards" were added by you because it's easier to try to discredit the messenger than debate the message. It's actually very revealing how much has been posted here that people skip over without comment. Maybe I should summarise it in one post and title it "An Inconvenient Truth?"

If I was prone to delve into entirely unfounded theories that have no evidence whatsoever to support them, I'm not sure what my take on Johnson would be. Haven't thought much about it. My main concern about concocting a conspiracy around his illness would be the doctors and medical staff. Were they in on it? How did he get them to lie? Maybe their families were kidnapped? Or they were paid off? Bit risky though. If it was ever discovered that Johnson had lied about such a serious incident then he'd be finished forever. Maybe that's what will happen to that Labour MP who blatantly lied the other morning when talking to Sophy Ridge about working in the London Nightingale performing the tragic task of telephoning next of kin to give them dreadful news. Dr Rosena Allin-Khan MP.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you're welcome to go back to arguing with NQ over graphs
    It wasn't an argument. Just a friendly evisceration.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Only a real conspiracy theorist loon would think something like that

Indeed. At least there would be some thought involved though. So not a total loss.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if all those shops I saw being prepared by the owners (in saaaaarf lundan) are now open? Hope so. And I hope the owners and customers tell plod to fuck off if he comes knocking.
    Für eure Sicherheit