User Tag List

Page 165 of 707 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone who voluntarily downloads an app so they can be tracked is a total moron

anyone who doesn't disable google play (or whatever sh*t crapple uses) when they're not using it, and any location tracking in any apps they have is also a moron

anyone who uses google maps or anything else that tracks you is a moron

step forward 99.9% of the British public...

(and yes i know they can triangulate a mobile signal but i've still bought myself a couple of hundred yards leeway...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Reading in the news, it seems that a key part of being able to relax lockdown measures is this trace & contact app.

It seems the NHS is going ahead with its own version rather than using apple or google who have come up with something themselves. Supposedly GCHQ have been involved in helping the NHS come up with the app.

One major flaw i can see is how much trust there will be in the public to use it properly. Firstly, assume we will have to manually download the app so what happens if people don’t?

Secondly, it seems we have to tell the app if we test positive so it can tell other phones that someone they have been near has tested positive. How can we be sure people will update the app so that others are alerted?
    Australia already has an app like this up and running, so you could check the success/ failure there to get some ballpark answers to your questions. South Korea and Taiwan used similar apps, IIRC, and (of course) China has a total surveillance system in place already that goes way, way beyond any of these first step apps.

I haven't checked on the Aussies myself, so if you find out anything useful, would be interesting to hear about it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

anyone who doesn't disable google play (or whatever sh*t crapple uses) when they're not using it, and any location tracking in any apps they have is also a moron

anyone who uses google maps or anything else that tracks you is a moron

step forward 99.9% of the British public...

(and yes i know they can triangulate a mobile signal but i've still bought myself a couple of hundred yards leeway...)
    Very hard to avoid using these shitty services because, as you say, 99.9% of people use them. So when somebody in my street posted a flyer through the door for the community support group set up to help people on the street who couldn't help themselves, it was (of course) hosted on Faceboot.

So, for the first time in my life and with sick in my mouth, I signed up for Faceboot. The greater need outweighed the moronic act of self abuse.

I'll delete everything if this crisis ever ends. By "delete" I mean I'll delete everything on my side while they keep everything on their side and lie about deleting it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Why?
    Is that a trick question?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.
    I feared as much.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to have a go at an answer now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to have a go at an answer now?
    An "answer"? To why it's a bad idea to willingly consent to the state tracking your every move and who you come into contact with?

No, obviously I don't want to have a go at an answer to that non-question. Just as I wouldn't bother answering a lot of redundant questions that have obvious answers.

I don't care if other people want to be tracked by the government, if that's what you mean? Have at it.

I just didn't understand why you were asking about it being a bad idea. I thought you were joking.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with NQ on this one - yes i know ...