User Tag List

Page 17 of 707 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Bankers have a very different and far deadlier disease. There seems to be no cure and no hope of one. A cull is the only solution I can think of that might be effective.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I've started to watch videos on epidemiology, mainly because (for some reason) I can spell that word first time at every attempt. There was some other reason too but I forget.

COVID-CID-19 currently exists in two strains, the highly contagious strain L and the less contagious and less dangerous S. Most cases in China were L. Most cases over here appear to be S, so far. This creates a difficulty in that scientists don't yet know if naturally developed antibodies effective against one strain will also be effective against the other. That is what's causing all the debate and argument regarding herd immunity. A vaccine would be effective against both, as it could target commonalities. But that's several months away yet.

So, apparently, yes - it might be possible to catch this thing, recover and catch it again. And there's a very high likelihood it will be back in the winter, maybe in its more dangerous form. And that's if it doesn't mutate again, although the high probability is that each subsequent mutation will be less dangerous than the last and, like Ebola, a strain could develop that hinders or kills the other varieties.

Also, the L strain has the potential to cause respiratory complications in a wider demographic, not just the elderly and infirm. So social distancing is absolutely essential because we don't need that shit breaking out into large sections of the population.

Don't know if any of this is true, just repeating what I heard. So don't start developing a vaccine of your own without doing further research.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for that, will have a longer read while i'm on the tube

*only joking of course...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The temporary hospital they are setting up in London is crazy. The main treatment hall is 1km long, for 4,000 beds. And they are setting up 10 more across the country.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Putin is running naval exercises off our coast that is tying up our military. What a prick. Give it a rest will you?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went out for a walk earlier and have to say round my way people are taking this social distancing stuff properly and keeping carefully away from each other.
    Obviously I'm used to seeing people cross the street when I come towards them, but now I can pretend it's because they're following government advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you still wearing that bloody awful shirt?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking awful stuff going on in Spain. I hope we've had enough time here to prepare and we've prepared properly.

In Sweden people still going to restaurants and bars.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m thinking that Boris telling us all to go to our room is too little, too late.
    It’s already “out there” now and enough people probably have it that a lot will get very ill or die.