Page 171 of 707 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see how the pro EU lot spin this if the EU do agree to it

https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/29/...s-for-cancelle

It would be pretty shocking if they did. Airlines are already taking the piss with refunds at the moment so suspending the law that means they have to give cash refunds would be an awful move.
    Yes, this would be a bad thing. Although the airlines all going bust would also be a bad thing.
    One thing I don't understand about Brexit and all political debate is how polarised everything is.
    I wanted to Remain so therefore I have to think that the EU is perfect and everything they do is brilliant.
    I don't like Trump so therefore I have to think that everything he does is bad.

Can't I want to Remain and also think the EU has flaws and some of the decisions they make are bad?
    Can't I think Trump is THE WORST but also think that some of the things he does are good?

People are so entrenched in their positions and Trump supporters and haters are a good example. The former will literally excuse anything he does, the latter will hammer him for whatever he does. It doesn't actually matter what the thing is or how good or bad it actually is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yes, this would be a bad thing. Although the airlines all going bust would also be a bad thing.
    One thing I don't understand about Brexit and all political debate is how polarised everything is.
    I wanted to Remain so therefore I have to think that the EU is perfect and everything they do is brilliant.
    I don't like Trump so therefore I have to think that everything he does is bad.

Can't I want to Remain and also think the EU has flaws and some of the decisions they make are bad?

Can't I think Trump is THE WORST but also think that some of the things he does are good?

People are so entrenched in their positions and Trump supporters and haters are a good example. The former will literally excuse anything he does, the latter will hammer him for whatever he does. It doesn't actually matter what the thing is or how good or bad it actually is
    Yes i agree.

Never the easiest way to convey what you mean in text but i was trying to be flippant, especially to Mac who pounces on anything bad brexit related to call them idiots.

This law the EU have is one of the good things and the UK should very much keep it after brexit. But it does make me laugh when you see some airlines like Ryanair repeatedly praise the EU and how we cant leave it etc. But when it comes to refunds that I believe have to be paid back in cash to the customer within 14 days of cancelling the flight/holiday, they routinely break them and try to do everything to avoid them.

Latest from Ryanair is they are giving you a voucher but if after 6 months, you still want the cash they will swap the voucher for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My little battle with GroupOn ended in a score draw. They haven't given me a refund but they've given me GroupOn credits which I can use over the next 12 months. I guess that's OK, I can get some stuff and pretend I'm getting it for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’ll be interesting to see how the pro EU lot spin this if the EU do agree to it

https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/29/...s-for-cancelle

It would be pretty shocking if they did. Airlines are already taking the piss with refunds at the moment so suspending the law that means they have to give cash refunds would be an awful move.
    Yeah. Clever.

I guess we'll have to bail them out for that now too, so they can refund us. To uphold the law, you understand? As always - what happened to all the profits? Are they still stashed in the Caymans?

Meanwhile, UK utilities firms got a boost when shady lawyers working for the state granted them new powers to enter homes, cut off supplies and install pre-pay meters. And for convenience, they can now collect up all their legal threats, against poor sods who have lost their jobs and businesses, into a convenient batch and phone it in to the Great British judicial system. Magistrates can then stamp approval (without referring to any additional paperwork) and bish-bosh, guilty!

Fairly obvious what we have coming down the one-way street and it's going to be a lovely fucking war.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i agree.

Never the easiest way to convey what you mean in text but i was trying to be flippant, especially to Mac who pounces on anything bad brexit related to call them idiots.

This law the EU have is one of the good things and the UK should very much keep it after brexit. But it does make me laugh when you see some airlines like Ryanair repeatedly praise the EU and how we cant leave it etc. But when it comes to refunds that I believe have to be paid back in cash to the customer within 14 days of cancelling the flight/holiday, they routinely break them and try to do everything to avoid them.

Latest from Ryanair is they are giving you a voucher but if after 6 months, you still want the cash they will swap the voucher for it.
    Customers should get together and sue them for breach of contract. Which is exactly what it is. The law works both ways if you play it right and actually mount a challenge rather than taking it up the shitter.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    My little battle with GroupOn ended in a score draw. They haven't given me a refund but they've given me GroupOn credits which I can use over the next 12 months. I guess that's OK, I can get some stuff and pretend I'm getting it for free.
    They're using you as a banking facility for cashflow purposes. You should levy banking charges. It would be quite lawful to do so.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL - too dumb to keep track of their own fake news
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-lockdown.html
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lockdown until June - according to some bint called Nicola.

If they can keep us jailed up until then, we kind of deserve it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'As dangerous as Ebola': One in every THREE coronavirus patients who go into hospital never come out - and HALF of those on a ventilator die

OMG! Ebola!

Yeah, so those patients who end up in hospital with SEVERE symptoms (the tiny minority), the ones with pre-existing and serious medical conditions, many of them would have died anyway. But if we assume they were immortal and all non-COVID diseases have become routinely treatable with 100% efficacy, well then we get to the point where the COVID19 disease is as deadly Ebola.

In a study of 1 person suffering from COVID29 who got knocked down by a truck and died, the mortality rate of the disease was found to be 100% - more lethal than Sarin gas.

And is't it racist to call it Ebola? Just because the disease was first found near an African river, doesn't mean we shouldn't call it Trump disease.

Mad world. Science gone. Reason gone. Pure lunacy is the norm.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has it ever occurred to you that every time you click on what you know is Daily Fail clickbait, and encouraging others to do the same by providing links, you are helping it by adding to its advertising revenues?

plus apparently doing untold damage to your blood pressure?

has it ever occurred to you to just STOP...?