User Tag List

Page 180 of 707 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a survey published at the weekend that said 4/5 people thought the lockdown should continue - i wonder if people are starting to enjoy the paid holiday...

apparently also the government's 'easing' plans don't include bars and restaurants

seems a bit harsh - surely if they restrict numbers, enforced by a mandatory use of bouncers, then they could allow restaurants at least to open

after all many restaurants are currently supplying takeaway so it can't be a food hygeine thing - if the waiters have gloves etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine works in the industry at a high level and he thinks there’s every chance pubs and restaurants won’t be able to operate in full for the remainder of the year at least and well beyond that.

I’m prepared to wait for pubs but I just want to see friends and family again and enjoy a beer with them. So hopefully we can at least do that soon.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 04-05-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone couldn't guess, today's announcement:

Past the peak.
    Stay at home.
    Protect lives.
    Protect the NHS.
    And if you live in the Isle of Man, download the government app.

"Guided by the science" bod says well done us for obeying driving instructions and walking instructions.
    The new excuse for the lockdown is number of cases. We have to get that number down, apparently. Well stop testing so many people then FFS!
    Meanwhile, the old excuse is well and truly fucked as the hospitalisation rates tumble and the Nightingale hospitals are shut down (I mean placed on standby, because Second Wave)

They said we have to stay at home and fuck the global economy because the health services would be overwhelmed. So we stayed at home and the health services were far from overwhelmed. But now, instead of going out and trying to un-fuck the economy, we have to stay at home because a totally unreliable test is showing there are too many cases.

And I said, once you give these bastards an inch, they'll not only keep the inch forever but they'll take the whole mile.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hancock believes take-up of the vaccine will be so high it won't be necessary to commit extreme human rights abuses by force vaccinating the non-willing. That's sporting of him, thanks Matt. The question was posed by a blatant big-pharma plant posing as a journalist (of sorts, considering it's the Huffington Post) who wondered if anti-vaxxers should be stoned to death and if this isn't a great opportunity to sneak through other profit lines such as MMR.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly wouldn't be anywhere near the front of the queue for the vaccine, i'd want to see it tested on a lot of others first. How about a few designated towns where the loss of a large proportion of the population wouldn't be any loss - i'm thinking Stoke or Burnley for starters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to say even as a...vaxxer (?), I wouldn’t exactly be queuing up.
    It would be a bit like getting the new version of Windows the minute it comes out.
    No thanks. Let the earlier adopters have a go first and find all the big problems.
    Once those have been sorted out then I’ll join in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't get it because of the mind control chips Bill Gates put in it.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I won't get it because of the mind control chips Bill Gates put in it.
    If they do the opposite and put the vaccine in chips that'll guarantee a high take up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of people will stand in long queues to have their kids injected. Assuming the vaccine is 100% safe and 100% effective (just pretend) their kids' chance of dying from COVID19 will tumble from 0.000000000000000000000003%, to 0%. And then they'll feel safe. But then they'll think of the people who didn't stand in long queues to have their kids injected. And then they will be frightened again because... no reason, assuming the vaccine they just took is all it's cracked up to be. Even so, they'll demand that something be done about this clear and present danger. And the government will race to the rescue and begin the pre-planned process of making life hell for people who won't consume their Soylent Green. Even that probably won't be enough for the virtuous mob, they'll likely want people held down and force jabbed. For the children. And then they'll ask, how did this happen, as the situation deteriorates to a state not seen since Cromwell rode into town.

Or, somebody smart in government (???) might work it out and decide not to go there.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)