Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bad news just keeps on coming doesn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That was his IQ test. So hope remains.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're all in this together!

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not saying there are no points for thought in that piece, but he sounds a right knob and is as guilty of the fake intonation as the reporter he is criticising.

These are dangerous times and not just a result of a Ovid-19. There are indeed pressures to fall in to line, not just with the restrictions, which I do support, but also there are pressures to not think critically and question, which I do not support.

Why are Cobra meetings on Covid-19 held in secret? We’re all affected, we all have a stake in this, so why the secrecy? This should without question be a situation where there is complete transparency. I have no problem whatsoever being told exactly how it is. I do however have a problem with random Ministers wasting our time, their staff’s time and theirs spending an entire day preparing to tell us absolutely fuck all.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I’m not saying there are no points for thought in that piece, but he sounds a right knob and is as guilty of the fake intonation as the reporter he is criticising.

These are dangerous times and not just a result of a Ovid-19. There are indeed pressures to fall in to line, not just with the restrictions, which I do support, but also there are pressures to not think critically and question, which I do not support.

Why are Cobra meetings on Covid-19 held in secret? We’re all affected, we all have a stake in this, so why the secrecy? This should without question be a situation where there is complete transparency. I have no problem whatsoever being told exactly how it is. I do however have a problem with random Ministers wasting our time, their staff’s time and theirs spending an entire day preparing to tell us absolutely fuck all.
    Bugger - that was meant to be my lighthearted interjection after tons of heavy stuff. Obviously I'm not very good at lighthearted interjections.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My interjection may be a bit premature.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much carnage will Ferguson be allowed to cause before somebody restrains him and puts him in front of a firing squadjury?

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    How much carnage will Ferguson be allowed to cause before somebody restrains him and puts him in front of a firing squadjury?
    The original report is here

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

I haven't read it all, it's hardly a page turner. But if you look at page 13 you'll see their predictions in scenarios where nothing is done and predictions given various strategies. The key for what the letters stand for is on page 6.

The estimates for deaths if those policies are implemented (which they have been) are in the ballpark of the numbers of deaths we are seeing.
    What we can't know of course is what the numbers would have been had they not.

Isn't this like people complaining that they spent all that money before the millennium to make sure their computer systems didn't break and then complaining what a waste of money it was because their computer systems didn't break.