User Tag List

Page 202 of 707 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Just seen this from some FB idiot

you've unfriended them right...?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pointed out what our numbers are like and that while, yes, he has a difficult job it's one he has sought ruthlessly for decades and his ineptitude in all this has made us the laughing stock of the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    For something to be demonstrably wrong you have to be able to demonstrate it is wrong. Show me one case where a young person with no pre-existing medical conditions died FROM (or even WITH) COVID19. Ghoulish pictures of dead people beamed up on the despicable BBC count for nothing. Show me death certificates.

But you just said that it's being put on death certificates erroneously. And how is anyone supposed to get access to those?!
    Plenty of articles you can find about younger people dying from it.
    It's obviously rarer than with older people but the mortality rate in all age groups seems to be higher than normal flu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

But you just said that it's being put on death certificates erroneously. And how is anyone supposed to get access to those?!
    Plenty of articles you can find about younger people dying from it.
    It's obviously rarer than with older people but the mortality rate in all age groups seems to be higher than normal flu.
    I assume the media has access to the death certs then? Given it is putting up pictures of dead people who supposedly died FROM this disease? Or don't they know either? Did those people have pre-existing conditions? Had they just been hit by a bus? Had they just been in a plane crash? Everything is being labelled WITH COVID19, so how do we know younger people are dying FROM this virus?

The data tells us mortality in younger people is extremely low and almost always involves one or more pre-existing conditions. Young people die every day for all manner of reasons. The question is, does COVID19 present a significant risk in comparison to normal, everyday risk? Not yet. But what's happening now, with the lockdown, is people young and old are systematically making themselves susceptible to every infection out there, not just COVID19 but infections that would normally be batted away with ease under normal circumstances. If this goes on much longer then COVID19 probably will start killing them, along with the flu or any opportunistic virus that come along that would normally be harmless. We'll all be like cancer or AIDS patients, weak and vulnerable to nature itself.

This extended lockdown is anti-scientific. People need to get outside and mingle and get infected with the broad range of bacteria they'd normally be infected with, the good stuff and the bad stuff, so their immune systems can function properly. Bacteria and viruses build immune systems, not hand sanitiser and cotton wool. We knew all this before COVID19 made us forget it and instead turn science on its head.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can do unlimited exercise now so everyone should be fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The data tells us mortality in younger people is extremely low and almost always involves one or more pre-existing conditions.
    That is basically true, but from what I’ve read it is higher in all age groups than regular flu.
    The young people who are dying make the papers because it’s rare, but it has happened.

The immune system thing, I’m no expert on this but while the basic principle of what you’re saying is right, it seems counter intuitive that a few months of isolation could negate a lifetime of exposure to germs. Most vaccines - which stimulate your immune system to produce antibodies - don’t have to be done regularly to be effective. Some you only ever have once.
    So I’d be surprised if that’s an issue.

The bigger issue I see with all this is people’s mental health and the effects of the inevitable recession we are about to go into. And I agree a lot of that could have been avoided.

In brief, I’ll stop there as we are dangerously close to agreeing about something and we can’t have that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    You can do unlimited exercise now so everyone should be fine.
    You can't tell me what to do.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    You can't tell me what to do.
    I can. You just don't have to follow it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://gulfnews.com/world/coronavir....1586936434717

Well that took a lot of understanding
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    https://gulfnews.com/world/coronavir....1586936434717

Well that took a lot of understanding
    Yeah they like their in-depth reading over in the Gulf don't they?