User Tag List

Page 206 of 707 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    To be that's what you do most days though.
    Dammit! I'm not going to go back and quote the post this was a hilarious response to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hot fashion tip:

Wear the mask around your neck, hanging in a nonchalant manner. Don't go for the homemade stuff, go for hospital blue and no cheap stuff either, it's easy to spot the difference.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit! I'm not going to go back and quote the post this was a hilarious response to.
    Are you okay?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be that's what you do most days though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't worry i got it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have UK coppers quietly given up on enforcing the lockdown? Too many people out there now? Or has a deal been struck with the media?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Have UK coppers quietly given up on enforcing the lockdown? Too many people out there now? Or has a deal been struck with the media?
    How are they supposed to?
    I guess if there are large groups gathering outdoors they will break them up but how are they going to know?
    If people meet up in people's houses then no-one is going to know. The neighbours might if there's a big party going on but unless they report it, and most people don't want to be the arsehole so won't, then no-one is going to know.
    The whole "you can only go out once" thing was always bullshit. How are they going to know if I go out more than once? For all the stuff about how much surveillance there is, no-one is checking. I guess technically from GPS data on our mobiles they could tell if you go out twice but no-one cares, no-one is looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Precisely. How could it ever have been enforced without draconian technology measures - that do exist and are already being used in China, South Korea and Singapore? In The UK the state's initial, and fairly primitive, efforts were laughable and roundly condemned, I'm wondering if they have just given up or if they are looking for inspiration from regimes that aren't squeamish when it comes to public abuse.

Looking at other countries, like those mentioned, Australia, Spain, even the US in certain states, the authorities seem quite determined to stomp around the place collecting cash for transgressions and being brutal when the opportunity presents.

So far, in the UK, is seems the state has tended towards a more cooperative approach. But with the inevitability of the lockdown having to end at some point and the fact the "guided by the science" people seem quite determined to paint COVID19 as an extinction event, will they continue with their policy of asking for cooperation or will they try to enforce stricter measures and sanctions?

The corrupt and anti-scientific WHO has already suggested thugs be employed to invade homes and snatch family members who have come into contact with infected people. This is achieved through the privacy invading trace and monitor programs that are already running in many nations and in trials on the Isle of Man. This has been echoed by opportunistic tyrants in the States and could be enabled if HR.6666 passes. Massive fines are already in operation in some countries. In Canada, according to a person there I spoke with, the fine for breaking 14 day quarantine for those arriving in the country is $1million CAD. Singapore is installing surveillance systems that constantly monitor public spaces and can calculate in real time the distance between individuals. It can apply fines directly, without court procedures or right to appeal. China already forced thousands into quarantine camps.

Mandatory testing at residences is also in place in several nations, and on the cards in the States. Mandatory vaccination, with certain exclusions, already exists in Many US states with bills in progress to remove the exclusions.

I'm trying to figure if our cops being quiet means they have given up and will go back to hassling motorists and people on Twitter, or if they are busy with some of the shit that has already spilled into other countries.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm trying to figure if our cops being quiet means they have given up and will go back to hassling motorists
    i certainly hope so if it means locking up some of the would-be-Lewis-Hamiltons around here taking advantage of quieter roads to go crazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and going back to that headteacher you might want to read this...

https://www.thelocal.dk/20200430/reo...ion-spread-ssu