User Tag List

Page 217 of 707 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't I get a coffee from Costa or Starbucks, but I can get a coffee from a window in a shop that used to sell food but has now converted? Where's the logic?

Why can't I get a beer in a pub when I can walk into an estate agents, sit there in a waiting room, and then sit opposite a guy (2 feet away max) and lie about wanting to sell my landlord's house?

Why can I walk into a restaurant and order coffee or sandwiches, but can't sit at a table and order a hot meal? I assume the fucking tables would be 2 metres apart (which makes no difference anyway).

Why can't I walk through a public garden (which has been locked for 2 weeks) but I can drive down to the airport and get on a fucking plane?

This is all total bullshit. There's no science here. The science was ditched a long time ago. Now we just have cover-up "experts" trying to overplay this flu so their pathetic predictions don't seem so outlandish. And government that plays along because they bought into the bullshit too.

People on the street can only be held accountable to a certain degree. When all you have is the mainstream media (and everything else is censored) then you are ignorant by default. Even so, everyone has the option to dig deeper.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    This government has no credibility remaining. This has been the biggest fuck-up in the history of Britain.
    You forgot Brexit already?

We don't need a government and we don't need experts. That has just been demonstrated in the most emphatic fashion.
    We need both.
    What has been demonstrated is that it’s a bad idea to elect incompetent people who have consistently shown they are incompetent, but we elect them anyway simply because we still like them because they make funny jokes about wiff waff.
    Or because we have such a weak opposition that they are perceived to be the least bad option.

You said we need real science - that has to be carried out by experts.
    And we need competent government who will make good decisions based on their advice.

In a country this size you clearly need some form of government structure. But if idiots keep getting into power then it will be ineffective. Making that more localised doesn’t solve that problem, you’ll just get idiot at the local level making poor decisions - you already have that in London with local governments.

What we need is competence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s a Starbucks drive through near us that’s recently reopened. We went this morning and I’ve never seen a queue of cars so big, pretty much snaking round the entire car park. Lasted about 20 mins before sacking it off, the woman said there was at least a 45 min wait.

Also saw a massive queue at Burger King, possibly even bigger than the one for Starbucks. Imagine queuing for that shit.

Just open these fucking places up properly.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 23-05-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So cars having to queue? Must be great having all those cars with their engine's running

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You forgot Brexit already?

We need both.
    What has been demonstrated is that it’s a bad idea to elect incompetent people who have consistently shown they are incompetent, but we elect them anyway simply because we still like them because they make funny jokes about wiff waff.
    Or because we have such a weak opposition that they are perceived to be the least bad option.

You said we need real science - that has to be carried out by experts.
    And we need competent government who will make good decisions based on their advice.

In a country this size you clearly need some form of government structure. But if idiots keep getting into power then it will be ineffective. Making that more localised doesn’t solve that problem, you’ll just get idiot at the local level making poor decisions - you already have that in London with local governments.

What we need is competence.
    Real science is carried out by scientists, not experts. Experts is a technocratic euphemism for a bureaucrat that hasn't engaged in actual science in decades.

Government is the joke it has just been shown up to be. It leads and decides nothing. It pretends to lead, pretends to decide, but really just does what it is told by the minority , at the expense of the majority. All the evidence is right there in front of you, out in the open. It would take a huge act of denial to ignore it at this late stage in the game.

EDIT: Brexit was DESPITE the politicians btw. So don't associate that triumph with those useless bastards.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 23-05-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    There’s a Starbucks drive through near us that’s recently reopened. We went this morning and I’ve never seen a queue of cars so big, pretty much snaking round the entire car park. Lasted about 20 mins before sacking it off, the woman said there was at least a 45 min wait.

Also saw a massive queue at Burger King, possibly even bigger than the one for Starbucks. Imagine queuing for that shit.

Just open these fucking places up properly.
    Funnily enough, I'm doing some research into Burger King at the moment. Could you give me the address of the one you found open so I can add it to my study?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52758024

Sorry it’s from the BBC, NQ, but I think you’ll like this one as it explains just how dangerous this thing isn’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    He travelled up to Durham when was symptomatic, his wife was confirmed to have Covid-19 with his 4 year old to hand him off to the kids' grandparents.

I think that's what happened, I can't quite get my head around enough it to know for sure though.
    He should go of course, because whether you agree or disagree with the government instructions or lockdown etc, he is one of the most senior people in that government and he has categorically gone against their rules

If it's going to cost lives to travel around, as HIS government says it will, he has put lives at risk - again, according to his OWN government for which he is chief adviser

So he has to go, simples

If he doesn't go, lockdown really will be over, which we all may celebrate, but that's not what the government wants, so if they want their rules to be in any way obeyed, they have to enforce them and sack him
    Last edited by Mac76; 24-05-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think he will go. Boris cant tie his own shoelaces without the guy apparently.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They NEVER go. They just change job titles or seats. Or head around the revolving door until the heat dies down.

Weird though, the media outrage expressed at first Ferguson and now Cummings for -- living life without permission from the state. But no such outrage for the unelected Ferguson's ongoing history of scientific fraud and the economic and political consequences it has brought. Or Cummings unelected and central role within a supposedly representative government.

Obviously it's the little things that count, for the media.
    Für eure Sicherheit