Page 223 of 707 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    OK, so I got about 8 minutes in and already it feels like this is probably a waste of my time.
    He showed a clip of Gates claiming a 20-1 ROI. The implication is that this is profit Gates personally made. The actual quote around that comment is:

Investing in global health organizations aimed at increasing access to vaccines creates a 20-to-1 return in economic benefit. Helping young children live, get the right nutrition, contribute to their countries — that has a payback that goes beyond any typical financial return.
    (Source: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-...121300436.html)

He is clearly not talking about personal profit. How can he be?
    The video also talks about how his wealth went from 50bn to 100bn over the 10 years.
    He put in $10bn, so where's the 20-1 return? His wealth grew because he had $50bn invested in all kinds of things, not because he was making a 20-1 return on the vaccines. He wasn't.
    Worth noting here that if he'd just kept his Microsoft stock rather than giving it away he'd be worth about $500bn right now.

Then the video whines about how he shouldn't just be fixated on vaccines and the money would be better spent tackling other things like hunger.
    Well, luckily...

Since its launch in 2000, their foundation has spent more than $36 billion to fund work in global health, emergency relief, education, poverty,
    Gates has led several other efforts to advance opportunities for women around the world, including the expansion of contraception availability around the world.
    Education is at the forefront of the Gates Foundation's giving as well. The Gates Millennium Scholars Program was established in 1999 to provide financial support to students of color pursuing undergraduate degrees. Roughly $1.6 billion has gone toward the program, and about 1,000 new scholars are selected each year.
    The Gates Foundation also partnered with the Nigeria-based Dangote Foundation in 2016 to spend $100 million on eliminating malnutrition in Nigeria, which is Africa's biggest economy.
    In 2010, the Gates's tried to inspire philanthropy among other wealthy executives by launching the Giving Pledge, which encourages billionaires to donate at least half of their wealth to charitable causes during their lifetime or in their will
    (Source https://www.businessinsider.com/bigg...18-8?r=US&IR=T)

So yeah, what a bastard!
    And weird how the video says how Gates is trying to deal with rare diseases, given (from the same source as above):

The philanthropists have pledged about $2 billion to help defeat malaria alone.
    Not that rare, is it?

Then it starts talking about how Gates' motive is "control"...well, what is it? Is it about money or control?
    To be honest I lost interest at that point as it was getting a bit tin foil hatty.

And this is the problem I have with your pontifications. You rail against the MSM, call them "fake news", call out their bias. But then you present sources like this which are clearly hugely biased and are saying or implying things which it takes 2 minutes to find aren't correct.
    The only difference is it isn't mainstream - and you have an inherent distrust of anything that is, as I said you've called a couple of BBC articles "fake news" when they are accurate. And the bias of the source you present is something you agree with.

I don't understand how you can think that people are, in general, decent and also suspect so many people of nefarious motives...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Ireland you'd be referred to as a "clever eejit"

Probably best demonstrated by this: "..well, what is it? Is it about money or control?"
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 26-05-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next month we're going to get permission to meet up to 10 people at once. The science underpinning this change in policy is... nothing at all.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not responding to points and thinking you've made a point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Not responding to points and thinking you've made a point
    Child.

Let me know when you hit the 9 minute mark.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the ramblings of a conspiracy theorist so I understand why you like it, but nah.
    I've already shown that the first 8 minutes was full of "fake news" and bias.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It's the ramblings of a conspiracy theorist so I understand why you like it, but nah.
    I've already shown that the first 8 minutes was full of "fake news" and bias.
    What you saw was Gates himself stating the return on the type of big pharma he's invested in is far higher than what he could achieve elsewhere. So you didn't like that and decided to "prove" Gates wrong. You did this by comparing the return, he himself revealed, to his rising bank balance and concluded 2x is not the same as x20. Genius indeed.

I should probably advise you that Gates does not conduct the R&D himself, nor does he manufacture the drugs himself, nor (generally) does he administer them. The corporations he's in bed with do all that so, not unreasonably you might think, they want some of the action too. Most of it, in fact, considering they carry the majority of the costs. And so it becomes a laughably simple deduction to suggest x20 = x2 when x18 is in another pocket.

But you already knew that. Hence my entirely suitable response to your 8 minute research project.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether you like it or not Letters, whether you are willing or not, the cognitive dissonance you struggle with daily is shifting out of balance.

Your "science", your "authority", your natural order of things - look at them now. Hard to square it all away, isn't it? Something, somewhere, in plain view to all but eyes shut tight, is disrupting the pretty patterns. The implausibility of the ever shifting bullshit that passes as science, it must be unsettling by now. Having to take larger and larger gulps of it. The lack of everyday distractions that might otherwise allow these increasing bouts of mental indigestion to be pushed back down, gone.

We need football and pubs back - and fast!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

We need football and pubs back - and fast!
    finally some sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    finally some sense
    I believe that is a conspiracy theory.
    What we really need is Xhaka on a new 5 year contract.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day