Page 224 of 707 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What you saw was Gates himself stating the return on the type of big pharma he's invested in is far higher than what he could achieve elsewhere. So you didn't like that and decided to "prove" Gates wrong. You did this by comparing the return, he himself revealed, to his rising bank balance and concluded 2x is not the same as x20. Genius indeed.
    What I did was provide the context of the quote, which the person in the video "accidentally" left out. The context being that Gates said the ROI is to the economy not him personally. I didn't prove Gates wrong, I proved that the 20x was not to him personally which is what the video implies and you have previously claimed.

If your claim is now that the 20x was made by the companies Gates is working with then ok, that's a different claim and needs to be demonstrated. The quote from Gates seemed to be talking about the general economic benefit, not to him or even the vaccine companies specifically.

My 8 minute research project also revealed that the bloke lied or exaggerated about how much focus there is from Gates on vaccines - the foundation does many other things and is not simply looking for vaccines for "rare diseases".

So yeah, so far it's the ramblings of a conspiracy theorist. I can understand why you like that sort of thing, I'm not the only person on here to pick you up on your tin foil hatty tendencies. Or your propensity to declare as "fake" things which you simply don't agree with - and it's me suffering from cognitive dissonance, is it?

Agree about pubs though, not so fussed about the football tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What I did was provide the context of the quote, which the person in the video "accidentally" left out. The context being that Gates said the ROI is to the economy not him personally. I didn't prove Gates wrong, I proved that the 20x was not to him personally which is what the video implies and you have previously claimed.

If your claim is now that the 20x was made by the companies Gates is working with then ok, that's a different claim and needs to be demonstrated. The quote from Gates seemed to be talking about the general economic benefit, not to him or even the vaccine companies specifically.

My 8 minute research project also revealed that the bloke lied or exaggerated about how much focus there is from Gates on vaccines - the foundation does many other things and is not simply looking for vaccines for "rare diseases".

So yeah, so far it's the ramblings of a conspiracy theorist. I can understand why you like that sort of thing, I'm not the only person on here to pick you up on your tin foil hatty tendencies. Or your propensity to declare as "fake" things which you simply don't agree with - and it's me suffering from cognitive dissonance, is it?

good work Letters, i admire your patience

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    good work Letters, i admire your patience
    This is how bored I am at work right now!

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hancock says Remdesivir is showing signs of reducing recovery from Covid-19 by four days.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USA has passed 100,000 deaths apparently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And we’ve just leapfrogged Italy into the coveted 3rd worst country in the world for deaths per million.
    Well done us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WITH COVID19

Not the same thing as FROM.

In other words, fraudulent data.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, all you are doing here is your usual thing. Avoiding the overarching concept and digging into a single issue so you can pile snow. You didn't even watch the video. But if it can be proved the return on big pharma investment is not precisely x20, then all else becomes false. x19.89, to you, would be absolute proof that the concept of corporations placing profit above all else is mere conspiracy theory, even though it is by far the most likely conclusion based on reams of evidence. But no, a habitual monopolist like Gates would never be positioning himself to benefit. The fact he's getting richer is absolute proof he's giving away his money for the good of mankind. It all makes perfect sense. And his puppet Ferguson, on whose shoddy data the UK and US response was subverted, has been in the news again. This time for the amateur hour code that underpins his fantasy models. But you'd never wonder why or how such flawed models can direct a national response. Coincidence, I suppose? And to suggest otherwise, by putting a jigsaw together to see the picture, is to discount the virtue of putting one piece under a microscope and announcing there is nothing significant to see.

Same with your deaths versus deaths per million theatrical production. And now, look at you, celebrating the deaths per million column. Finally, now the data reads as you need it to read, it is legitimate and worthy of celebration.

But didn't the US do well? By comparison? LOL.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    No, all you are doing here is your usual thing. Avoiding the overarching concept and digging into a single issue so you can pile snow. You didn't even watch the video. But if it can be proved the return on big pharma investment is not precisely x20, then all else becomes false. x19.89, to you, would be absolute proof that the concept of corporations placing profit above all else is mere conspiracy theory, even though it is by far the most likely conclusion based on reams of evidence. But no, a habitual monopolist like Gates would never be positioning himself to benefit. The fact he's getting richer is absolute proof he's giving away his money for the good of mankind. It all makes perfect sense. And his puppet Ferguson, on whose shoddy data the UK and US response was subverted, has been in the news again. This time for the amateur hour code that underpins his fantasy models. But you'd never wonder why or how such flawed models can direct a national response. Coincidence, I suppose? And to suggest otherwise, by putting a jigsaw together to see the picture, is to discount the virtue of putting one piece under a microscope and announcing there is nothing significant to see.
    Sigh. And the gold medal in the 2020 Olympics "missing the point" event goes to...

The "overarching concept" I am talking about is your allegation that Gates is investing in vaccines not because he thinks vaccines are a good thing (I tell you who else thinks that - doctors). Your allegation is he's doing it for financial return. So the video shows a clip of Gates saying there's a 20 to one return, but whoopsie! It "accidentally" leaves out the context which took me 2 minutes to find:

Helping young children live, get the right nutrition, contribute to their countries — that has a payback that goes beyond any typical financial return.
    He's quite clearly NOT talking about economic return not to him, it doesn't even sound like he is talking about the return for the vaccine companies, but economies at large. Healthier populations will do better economically. I have no doubt that corporations are motivated by profit. But when Gates is talking about ROI here he is not talking about personal profit here. That is clear if you look at the context, and his finances.

The fact he's getting richer is absolute proof he's giving away his money for the good of mankind.
    If you have $50bn to invest it really isn't hard to double that over a 10 year period. You're doing something very, very wrong if you don't.

The fact that he would be significantly richer if he'd kept his Microsoft stock and he'd have a lot more money than he does if the 20 to 1 ROI was benefiting him personally is pretty good evidence that his primary motivation is not maximising his personal wealth right now.

If Ferguson's models are as flawed as you claim, and if he has a history of incorrect predictions you claim then governments acting on his advice is on them, not Ferguson. If I tell you I'm an expert on horse racing and I keep giving you tips of horses which have 3 legs then if you keep betting on my advice then after the first few bets it becomes your fault, not mine. You lost your house because you followed my crappy advice? Well, you already lost your car because of it, if you kept following my advice then that's on you.

Same with your deaths versus deaths per million theatrical production. And now, look at you, celebrating the deaths per million column. Finally, now the data reads as you need it to read, it is legitimate and worthy of celebration.
    But didn't the US do well? By comparison? LOL.
    The data reads as it has for ages. The UK have now taken 3rd spot in the league of shame having been only 4th for a while. The US have fairly consistently been 9th. So what do you mean finally? I have been looking at the deaths per million column for a long time, and the fact that the UK and US have both handled this crisis poorly has been evident throughout. You're doing your usual thing - when the deaths per million figures suit your agenda then you use them, when they don't you declare them fake.

And again, your use of the word "celebration" - always inferring malicious intent, always suspicious of the other person.
    You think that people are "generally decent" but you also always suspect malice or ulterior motive. I wonder how you manage to keep those two thoughts in your head simultaneously.

The rest of the video - which I did watch to stop you whining - is the predictable ramblings of a conspiracy theorist. So I understand why you like it.

Gates is in this for the money - although whoopsie, the figures don't really add up there so let's move on.

Gates is in it because he's into Eugenics - although whoopsie, his foundation have spent billions on vaccines, education and nutrition in 3rd world countries. Hmm, that doesn't really fit with that philosophy, does it? Why doesn't he just let them all die?

Oh, I know - it's all about control! They're moving to electronic payments, it's about controlling our finances! Nah, not buying it. That's about convenience. People like not having to deal with cash. And sure that means "they" have more data about what I buy and they'll use that to target adverts at me. I can live with that, maybe it'll mean I see more adverts for things I actually like and fewer for things I don't. And right now if you want to keep using cash because of your paranoia then fine, go nuts. No-one is stopping you.

This dude is as an "independent journalist", and you think him being "independent" means he isn't tainted by any corporations biases or prejudices, and therefore he's reliable.
    All it actually means is he's just tainted by his own biases or prejudices, as we all are to some degree.

Ultimately, only Gates really knows his motivation. He certainly doesn't have to be giving away billions to help people, obviously it won't affect his lifestyle if he does.
    All this video does is throw a load of insinuations and accusations at him without much basis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh. And the gold medal in the 2020 Olympics "missing the point" event goes to...

The "overarching concept" I am talking about is your allegation that Gates is investing in vaccines not because he thinks vaccines are a good thing (I tell you who else thinks that - doctors). Your allegation is he's doing it for financial return. So the video shows a clip of Gates saying there's a 20 to one return, but whoopsie! It "accidentally" leaves out the context which took me 2 minutes to find:

He's quite clearly NOT talking about economic return not to him, it doesn't even sound like he is talking about the return for the vaccine companies, but economies at large. Healthier populations will do better economically. I have no doubt that corporations are motivated by profit. But when Gates is talking about ROI here he is not talking about personal profit here. That is clear if you look at the context, and his finances.

If you have $50bn to invest it really isn't hard to double that over a 10 year period. You're doing something very, very wrong if you don't.

The fact that he would be significantly richer if he'd kept his Microsoft stock and he'd have a lot more money than he does if the 20 to 1 ROI was benefiting him personally is pretty good evidence that his primary motivation is not maximising his personal wealth right now.

If Ferguson's models are as flawed as you claim, and if he has a history of incorrect predictions you claim then governments acting on his advice is on them, not Ferguson. If I tell you I'm an expert on horse racing and I keep giving you tips of horses which have 3 legs then if you keep betting on my advice then after the first few bets it becomes your fault, not mine. You lost your house because you followed my crappy advice? Well, you already lost your car because of it, if you kept following my advice then that's on you.

The data reads as it has for ages. The UK have now taken 3rd spot in the league of shame having been only 4th for a while. The US have fairly consistently been 9th. So what do you mean finally? I have been looking at the deaths per million column for a long time, and the fact that the UK and US have both handled this crisis poorly has been evident throughout. You're doing your usual thing - when the deaths per million figures suit your agenda then you use them, when they don't you declare them fake.

And again, your use of the word "celebration" - always inferring malicious intent, always suspicious of the other person.
    You think that people are "generally decent" but you also always suspect malice or ulterior motive. I wonder how you manage to keep those two thoughts in your head simultaneously.

The rest of the video - which I did watch to stop you whining - is the predictable ramblings of a conspiracy theorist. So I understand why you like it.

Gates is in this for the money - although whoopsie, the figures don't really add up there so let's move on.

Gates is in it because he's into Eugenics - although whoopsie, his foundation have spent billions on vaccines, education and nutrition in 3rd world countries. Hmm, that doesn't really fit with that philosophy, does it? Why doesn't he just let them all die?

Oh, I know - it's all about control! They're moving to electronic payments, it's about controlling our finances! Nah, not buying it. That's about convenience. People like not having to deal with cash. And sure that means "they" have more data about what I buy and they'll use that to target adverts at me. I can live with that, maybe it'll mean I see more adverts for things I actually like and fewer for things I don't. And right now if you want to keep using cash because of your paranoia then fine, go nuts. No-one is stopping you.

This dude is as an "independent journalist", and you think him being "independent" means he isn't tainted by any corporations biases or prejudices, and therefore he's reliable.
    All it actually means is he's just tainted by his own biases or prejudices, as we all are to some degree.

Ultimately, only Gates really knows his motivation. He certainly doesn't have to be giving away billions to help people, obviously it won't affect his lifestyle if he does.
    All this video does is throw a load of insinuations and accusations at him without much basis.