Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Explain what you see here?
    I see an unelected person who seems to have far too much say in government policy breaking the rules which he was part of making and there being no consequence.
    I don't particularly care about what he did but if they are going to tell us that we can't see our friends and family then there should be some consequence if they go and do it themselves.
    Especially when they are so brazen and unapologetic about it and make up stupid lies about going to a local castle to test his eyes (surely this year's "it couldn't have been me because I can't sweat).
    It shouldn't be one rule for us plebs and another for them.

What are your thoughts for resolving this crisis and allowing the nation to move on? What steps do you think should be implemented so a crisis like this can never happen again?
    Obviously you're being silly. In an ideal world he'll be sacked. Of course, he won't be.
    But I hope people remember the contempt which Boris and him have for us at the next election.

You have this mindset that "they" are out to control and oppress us. I don't see it that way, I don't think they give a shit about us and this incident is a good example of that.
    You're right, this isn't that important in the grand scheme of things but the mask has slipped somewhat and I hope people remember this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I see an unelected person who seems to have far too much say in government policy breaking the rules which he was part of making and there being no consequence.
    I don't particularly care about what he did but if they are going to tell us that we can't see our friends and family then there should be some consequence if they go and do it themselves.
    Especially when they are so brazen and unapologetic about it and make up stupid lies about going to a local castle to test his eyes (surely this year's "it couldn't have been me because I can't sweat).
    It shouldn't be one rule for us plebs and another for them.

Obviously you're being silly. In an ideal world he'll be sacked. Of course, he won't be.
    But I hope people remember the contempt which Boris and him have for us at the next election.

You have this mindset that "they" are out to control and oppress us. I don't see it that way, I don't think they give a shit about us and this incident is a good example of that.
    You're right, this isn't that important in the grand scheme of things but the mask has slipped somewhat and I hope people remember this.
    What mask?

The government has ordered businesses shut down, ordered people to stay at home, introduced stupid rules about who we can and can't visit, how far we can stand from other people. Now they're talking about us nominating the people we want to meet. They want to track and trace people. Quarantine people. They're encouraging us to inform on our neighbours. The mask slipped a while ago, didn't it? Around about the time the artificially inflated curve was flattened.

Snap! Back to reality. The media is not real. Sooner or later you're going to realise that. That cunt Emily Witless dropped her mask and her knickers in her enthusiasm to finger herself to a frenzy on prime time TV. This isn't the real world, it's the bubble. Disconnected from the towns and the streets up and down the country. Purely political, entirely impractical.

And the opposition long let the masks slip from both its faces, so don't get too excited about elections. Unless you genuinely believe this is a bad guy, good guy scenario - which admittedly a lot of long suffering dupes seem to do.

The lemon suck faced git Blackford, who drove the length of the country during lockdown? He was on Twatter suggesting the government had lost all legitimacy because it refused to do the right thing. Say what? He's still in his job, such as it is, last time I checked. Same as all the other cunts who support the political system until it goes against them, in which case they'll do anything and everything to undermine it - contradictory to the will of the people.

So this really isn't about principles or hypocrisy, is it? Because there's more than enough of both to go around the parliament a thousand laps. Let's drop that pretence. Let's not humour shameless cunts who have crawled out of establishment gutters to throw shit at some other sewer dweller.

If people allegedly concerned about the integrity of our political class had the character to admit why they really want this to be such a big deal then I could stomach it. But the word Brexit isn't to be mentioned.

Are YOU doing what you are TOLD? Staying in? Counting the number of visits you make to the outdoors? Living by their leave? I hope not.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test and trace has started.

Someone can give you a call, tell you were near someone with Covid-19 symptoms and have to isolate for two weeks.

I struggle to see how this can be abused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weather over the next week will be mostly sunny, basically everyone on furlough will be having barbies and sitting in the park, ignoring all the distancing rules, so we might as well get them back to work now

It makes as much sense as anything Johnson's saying, or the idea of football matches which somehow the government thinks is ok with players distancing - except when they're tackling, waiting for a corner, etc etc

And then of course there's taking your family on a drive to see if you can see well enough to avoid a car crash...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Test and trace has started.

Someone can give you a call, tell you were near someone with Covid-19 symptoms and have to isolate for two weeks.

I struggle to see how this can be abused.
    Is that really how it works - what kind of idiot is going to sign up for that?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be a call from the NHS apparently. This is not the app, the app seems to have died on its arse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What mask?
    Well, usually there is some veneer, some pretence of actually caring about people.
    They have to show some interest in the people who they need to vote for them.
    The steps they have taken, while drastic and unprecedented, have been done under the guise of trying to protect people, keep people safe, protect the NHS.
    And actually, while I'm increasingly thinking the lockdown is bullshit and doing more harm than good, I see why they made the decision. If anything they did it too late to help much, but I don't think it was motivated by this desire to control everyone which you imagine.

This incident has just underlined how little they care what we think. Not a big revelation but it's unusual for them to make it quite this obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think lockdown has slowed infection rates a little, but the key is it would have helped a lot more if it had been done sooner and they'd prioritised care homes, but it happened after the virus had already spread.

btw here's the FT on the numbers:

“The U.K. has registered 59,537 more deaths than usual since the week ending March 20, indicating that the virus has directly or indirectly killed 891 people per million. At this stage of the pandemic, that is a higher rate of death than in any country for which high-quality data exist. The absolute number of excess deaths in the U.K. is also the highest in Europe, and second only to the U.S. in global terms.”

in other words we are NUMBER ONE in terms of death rate

Johnson

Cummings

taking control

We've had enough of experts

https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-...82-648ffde71bf
    Last edited by Mac76; 28-05-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)