User Tag List

Page 230 of 707 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now it's time for sensible governments to sit down with sensible companies and sensible unions and take the positives from this whole experience and build on them.

How many millions of desk workers can stay at home and continue working via technology, as opposed to jamming up public transport and the roads and burning up those fossil fuels we are all so concerned about? Sensible approaches here could cut carbon emissions by a huge margin. Sensible environmentalists will lead the charge for this, I assume?

Our hospitals. I assume everyone will get the training and equipment they need to deal with the next pandemic?

Our economy. Now that we have a magic money tree that can provide for us when the economy goes into one of its cyclical crises, can we push the private banks to one side and continue to control the supply of our money? Could we educate people on what money actually is and how it works and how a money supply, absent the attached profit motive, could be used to transit gracefully from human driven industry to mass automation, as is the number one plan of the corporations?

What about our cities? Will it remain a good idea to cram as many bodies as possible into the smallest possible space? What if we ignored Agenda 2030 and instead went with Agenda human dignity? We wouldn't need the convenience of location if technology was properly employed. And we might think about sharing the wealth around the nation instead of concentrating it in one huge shithole. Shitholes don't do well during health emergencies, the black death taught us that.

And the mainstream media. What's to be done about their endless stream of lies?

I'm very confident all these things will be addressed by the brightest minds and with the involvement and support of the people to bring about a positive outcome for humanity.

I'm also predicting Arsenal will beat City 10-0 (although that is less likely to happen)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed with most of the above but wait there is more
    Housing: Why was the last great public housing in UK executed in the 50s 60s and 70s but none since. the greatest individual cost for each of us and each household is putting a roof over our heads. Uk population has doubled since i was a kid in the 70s but public housing?. Its as if a deliberate policy has been instigated since Maggie came to power to make housing as expensive as possible. Most landlords are Tories so no surprise there. If housing was more available, prices would come down. Who can build houses cheaper than the government with its buying power and economies of scale.

Population:. No government can keep up with the rate of population. No matter how well intended. Goverment GDP will never double in the same time frame as population doubles so it means in the long run everybody gets poorer. This leads to the credit economy where billionaires are not created on the wealth they have but on the credit of poor people. Bezos doesn't actually have £100 billion but add all the credit from people buying stuff they cant afford and Bingo!. No one says you cant fuck as much as you like. But do you really need 5 kids to validate yourself?

Problem 2 also leads to problem 1 in case no one has twigged

More population leads to more competition to scarce resources leading to millions of angry humans walking around with pent up rage......leading to Brexit also leading to Corona. There is simply not enough space anymore for every englishman to have his own castle. or to simply just stop and enjoy his environment. Not to mention that humans are the most resource and energy rapacious specie on the planet
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why it is so important for Trump to win, and so important for Brexit to happen. Whatever else, at least the nationalists aren't globalists and it is the toxic stew of globalism and neoliberalism that has made the world free and safe for vulture capitalism and fucked the rest. That shit has to be stopped and reversed so a new track can be laid out. Ideally the Trumps and the Johnsons won't be coming on that journey, but they are necessary handbrakes for the time being. At some stage, we'll need to get leaders who actually represent us, or grow enough balls collectively to be responsible for ourselves. That seems to be a long way off still.

Forty years of this crap needs to come to an end now. This is the big chance. And many, many vested interests will be seeking to restore business as usual as fast as possible. They have to be stopped. People DO have the power, but most don't have a clue how to use it and half of them are their own jailers. That has to change. My point about the media is important. Something has to be done about that so the constant poison being injected into peoples brains is cut off.

Back in the real world, anyone planning to queue for the iPhone 12 when it arrives? That's the kind of progress we're likely to get, and nothing more.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    And now it's time for sensible governments to sit down with sensible companies and sensible unions and take the positives from this whole experience and build on them.

How many millions of desk workers can stay at home and continue working via technology, as opposed to jamming up public transport and the roads and burning up those fossil fuels we are all so concerned about? Sensible approaches here could cut carbon emissions by a huge margin. Sensible environmentalists will lead the charge for this, I assume?

Our hospitals. I assume everyone will get the training and equipment they need to deal with the next pandemic?

Our economy. Now that we have a magic money tree that can provide for us when the economy goes into one of its cyclical crises, can we push the private banks to one side and continue to control the supply of our money? Could we educate people on what money actually is and how it works and how a money supply, absent the attached profit motive, could be used to transit gracefully from human driven industry to mass automation, as is the number one plan of the corporations?

What about our cities? Will it remain a good idea to cram as many bodies as possible into the smallest possible space? What if we ignored Agenda 2030 and instead went with Agenda human dignity? We wouldn't need the convenience of location if technology was properly employed. And we might think about sharing the wealth around the nation instead of concentrating it in one huge shithole. Shitholes don't do well during health emergencies, the black death taught us that.

And the mainstream media. What's to be done about their endless stream of lies?

I'm very confident all these things will be addressed by the brightest minds and with the involvement and support of the people to bring about a positive outcome for humanity.

I'm also predicting Arsenal will beat City 10-0 (although that is less likely to happen)
    i guess i'd better say i agree with pretty much all of that - except the Arsenal - Citeh score of course...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Agreed with most of the above but wait there is more
    Housing: Why was the last great public housing in UK executed in the 50s 60s and 70s but none since. the greatest individual cost for each of us and each household is putting a roof over our heads. Uk population has doubled since i was a kid in the 70s but public housing?. Its as if a deliberate policy has been instigated since Maggie came to power to make housing as expensive as possible. Most landlords are Tories so no surprise there. If housing was more available, prices would come down. Who can build houses cheaper than the government with its buying power and economies of scale.

Population:. No government can keep up with the rate of population. No matter how well intended. Goverment GDP will never double in the same time frame as population doubles so it means in the long run everybody gets poorer. This leads to the credit economy where billionaires are not created on the wealth they have but on the credit of poor people. Bezos doesn't actually have £100 billion but add all the credit from people buying stuff they cant afford and Bingo!. No one says you cant fuck as much as you like. But do you really need 5 kids to validate yourself?

Problem 2 also leads to problem 1 in case no one has twigged

More population leads to more competition to scarce resources leading to millions of angry humans walking around with pent up rage......leading to Brexit also leading to Corona. There is simply not enough space anymore for every englishman to have his own castle. or to simply just stop and enjoy his environment. Not to mention that humans are the most resource and energy rapacious specie on the planet
    two really good points - trouble is the current government hates social housing and council housing and instead is obsessed with home ownership.

as for family size, having kids is a human right but as you say having five kids is a lifestyle choice.

all benefits and help should stop with the second child, after that people should have to pay an 'additional child tax' to fund the extra burden they've chosen to place on education, health and of course police costs of dealing with the resulting feral youth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IKEA reopens stores with this cheerly little item of bullshit.

Cards not cash ​
    We will only accept cashless payments to reduce the amount of contact between you and our co-workers. ​
    The long lusted after, cashless society. Thanks COVID! Couldn't have done it without you.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well worth it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ikea is a god awful place to be even under regular circumstances. Fuck that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct. I never want to go to Ikea, I'm definitely not bloody queuing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Ikea is a god awful place to be even under regular circumstances. Fuck that.
    That's me in the worn red shirt, the dumpy little guy.
    Für eure Sicherheit