Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh bloody hell
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Just seems like they’re making it up as they go along. Bizarre.

Suppose I should buy some machine washable facemasks then to reuse.
    Or set up a store on Amazon to cash in.

Sounds like we have 10 days where the virus won't be infectious though, so that's a plus.

This is a classic example of a "law" that should just be ignored by everyone, thus rendering it void. But you just know there will be arseholes out there calling the cops every 5 minutes, running around with their phones snapping evidence so they get extra citizen points. Anyone grasses me up like that and I'll put their teeth through the back of their skull.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it gives a chance for people to get some. We don't have any but will have to order some now.
    They can't do it overnight or we literally wouldn't be able to go shopping now and how's that going to work?
    The bit that makes zero sense is just randomly deciding to do it now, months after the peak of the infection rate
    If it's an effective tactic to slow down the infamous R number - and I can see how it would be in confined spaces like trains and shops - then do it early, stop the spread of this thing in the first place.
    The government's response to this whole thing has been predictably shambolic. But at least Boris is funny

Just as everything was sort of going back to something resembling normal. The queues are gone at the supermarket, mostly, now that people have figured out it's not the apocalypse and supplies will hold up. The social distancing nonsense has all but disappeared. And people who choose to wear masks, a few of them, have their masks. We've seen no dead littering the streets.

Now we're back to the days of leeches and bloodletting. They didn't get their second wave, but they can't let go of this pandemic they are so infatuated with.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    They didn't get their second wave, but they can't let go of this pandemic they are so infatuated with.
    Don't worry. The BBC's got your back, bro

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53392148

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are wrong

In the short term, maybe. But out of a necessity of getting this thing under control, not as part of some evil masterplan. Our economy dropped by nearly 20% over the last few months, it makes the global crash in 2008 look like a blip. They're not doing that for the lolz. "They" aren't interested in controlling your life. They don't really care what you do most of the time.
    When have you ever known government to give up new powers? These people don't care about the economy. Power corrupts. They are the 1% they will be fine as long as they get to satiate their megalomaniacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Just wear a mask made of two £50 notes.

That way you’re covered no matter what boneheaded choice you make.
    Except I don't want to either way a face covering or pay £100, that "solution" has me submitting to both.

Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I used to call NQ a tin foil hat wearer but it turns out he was the only one around here with his eyes open actually thinking. I hope one day you'll see the truth too, but I wouldn't count on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    When have you ever known government to give up new powers?
    Do you mean our government or governments generally? Because in some countries the lockdown was far more strictly enforced than it was here.
    You literally had to fill out a form to explain why you were outside in I think Spain and Italy.
    That is no longer the case.
    So then.

And over here many of the restrictions initially put in place have now been lifted. So then too.
    Quite often in times of national crisis measures are put in place in the short term and lifted once the crisis has passed.

I used to call NQ a tin foil hat wearer but it turns out he was the only one around here with his eyes open actually thinking. I hope one day you'll see the truth too, but I wouldn't count on it.
    Your and NQ's problem, if I may, is that you confuse "eyes open actually thinking" with "getting your information from other sources other than MSM".
    You happen to have come to believe those sources are more reliable than MSM. Well, fine. But that is just your opinion.
    Just because some bloke online says a thing, and the bloke isn't employed by a maintream organisation, that doesn't make what he says accurate.
    If anything the reverse may be true because there's no scrutiny on some bloke, anyone can set up a YouTube channel and say pretty much anything.
    Which doesn't mean the MSM sources don't have their biases, of course they do. But so do all of us, including some bloke on YouTube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean our government or governments generally? Because in some countries the lockdown was far more strictly enforced than it was here.
    You literally had to fill out a form to explain why you were outside in I think Spain and Italy.
    That is no longer the case.
    So then.

And over here many of the restrictions initially put in place have now been lifted. So then too.
    Quite often in times of national crisis measures are put in place in the short term and lifted once the crisis has passed.
    Governments in general.

Of course they don't keep every draconian measure, even the lemmings would see that. Its classic negotiating, they start off with something totally unreasonable, then lift some of those restrictions while the sheep celebrate being let back out, they ignore the infringements that remain.

Your and NQ's problem, if I may, is that you confuse "eyes open actually thinking" with "getting your information from other sources other than MSM".
    You happen to have come to believe those sources are more reliable than MSM. Well, fine. But that is just your opinion.
    Just because some bloke online says a thing, and the bloke isn't employed by a maintream organisation, that doesn't make what he says accurate.
    If anything the reverse may be true because there's no scrutiny on some bloke, anyone can set up a YouTube channel and say pretty much anything.
    Which doesn't mean the MSM sources don't have their biases, of course they do. But so do all of us, including some bloke on YouTube.
    No, I believe nothing and question everything. I consider who's saying it, why they're saying it and their bias for saying it. What I will say though is the MSM has zero credibility which has been shown time and time again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    the MSM has zero credibility which has been shown time and time again.
    That's just one of those vague meaningless things that people like you say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Or set up a store on Amazon to cash in.

Sounds like we have 10 days where the virus won't be infectious though, so that's a plus.

This is a classic example of a "law" that should just be ignored by everyone, thus rendering it void. But you just know there will be arseholes out there calling the cops every 5 minutes, running around with their phones snapping evidence so they get extra citizen points. Anyone grasses me up like that and I'll put their teeth through the back of their skull.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.