User Tag List

Page 260 of 707 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're pushing mandatory vaccination, at least you're not so far brainwashed and realise the risks but how much of a choice you will get remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 week quarantine on return from Spain now https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ainst-18663553

This is such bullshit. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Cases don't matter, deaths matter.

Cases are going to rise when restrictions are lifted anyone with half a brain could tell you that but as long as it's not killing many people, so what?

More cases is actually a good thing, it will help us build herd immunity quicker the current feeble attempts to eliminate it. After all we were told initially that the reason for the lockdown was to stop the healthcare system being overwhelmed. Now its obvious, if it wasn't months ago, that the goal posts have been moved and we're going to keep doing this until Bill Gates can inject us with his vaccine and RFID chip.

The current situation in Australia is a good example of how futile it is to try and eliminate it. They were touted as a success having it under control, practically eliminated but now they are having an alleged "second wave" tbh they never really had a first wave due to their fortuitous geography and rapid response.

And now they're overreacting bigly. I read the other day that Queensland has had 2 new cases so they are now going to reintroduce some measures at social venues, can't recall the exact details but I was thinking "what for 2 cases?". It's counterproductive and just going to prolong the situation.

The recent outbreaks in Victoria (and now NSW?) show just how easily it will return. Even if Australia manages to eradicate the Kung-Flu from the country, what are they going to do? Keep the border closed forever? Not only is their border closed to foreign arrivals, citizens can't even leave, that's some real NK style oppression.

We are now no longer flattening the curve but broadening the curve more making this whole thing last longer.

OPEN UP FULL AND IMMEDIATELY!
    Last edited by The Wengerbabies; 25-07-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the government is doing things that don't make sense? surely not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    You mean the government is doing things that don't make sense? surely not...
    Surely this does make sense though?

Previously the governemnt have been accused of acting too slowly. Back in March when there was no quarantine from Spain etc when cases were rising, everyone was rightly saying they were slow to act.

The face mask thing as well. Announcing we have to wear one because its dangerous without but then waiting two weeks to impose the law.

So therefore, cases are now rising in Spain so they have acted quickly. Doing exactly what people said they should have done last time.

Also if you go aboard right now, you have to go in the knowledge this might happen. It’s such a fast moving pandemic

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have sympathy with those that have gone on holiday and now find they have to quarantine for two weeks when they come back?

I don't tbf.

Hubris getting its just reward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Do you have sympathy with those that have gone on holiday and now find they have to quarantine for two weeks when they come back?

I don't tbf.

Hubris getting its just reward.
    No

Booking a foreign holiday during a global pandemic
    Tbf one of my colleagues went to Italy recently and had a lovely time but you are taking a risk when the rules can change from day to day.

And have to say I agree with Ollie above. I’m not sure if this is justified but they have at least been quick and decisive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the government had listed the country on their exempt list for the “all but essential travel” advice, then I can understand the frustration. Granted it’s been such a fast moving thing so no one should be surprised, quarantine has to be immediate for it to reduce the risk.

I’m going to Turkey in September as it stands but I know the risks and possibility of government advice changing while I’m there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coronavirus Pandemic

I guess this demonstrates how you can’t win with public policy.

Act slowly, you’re negligent and dithering.

Act quickly, you’re impulsive and unfair.

I prefer swift action. If you’re wrong, you can roll it back. If you procrastinate, you can’t put the genie back in the bottle.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did Dec do?