User Tag List

Page 276 of 707 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3PO was a snide little cunt. No wonder R2 called him a cunt in that one scene.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    You’re having a bad time of it today.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    You’re having a bad time of it today.
    It got worse. Bottas beat Hammy to the pole yesterday
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    The job of reporters is to find fact. It’s not to report unsubstantiated evidence. They should not mislead society, by using somebody elses assertion of fact. They should be impartial, and report only what they have themselves discerned to be the thoroughly researched truth, with responsibility and conscience that what they are reporting is for the good of all.
    Right. This wasn’t some bloke down the pub who said he reckoned Saddam had WMDs.
    This was a government dossier which they used as a basis for taking us to war.
    Are you suggesting that the press shouldn’t have reported on the dossier or its contents until they’d established that the contents was accurate? I’m not sure how they’d have done that quickly given that the sources in the dossier were redacted.
    I agree that the press have responsibility to check information but that’s not a contradiction to them reporting that the dossier exists and what was in it.
    NQ is acting like Blair took us to War because of a Sun headline. The opposite is true.
    Blair has blood on his hands, not the press.

Bill Gates is a billionaire businessman. Multi billionaire business men are usually ruthless cunts. I don’t have the facts to back up that Bill Gates is a cunt. But common sense tells me that his involvement in finding a worldwide vaccine isn’t because he cares, it’s because he can make shit loads of money.
    Obviously I don’t know Gates. Mate at church worked at a very senior level to the point that he did at times talk to Gates directly, he seems to thinks Gates was ok but they we hardly bffs.
    All I’ll say is that Gates would be the world’s richest man right now had he kept his Microsoft stock.
    He chose to give it away. You could argue that it’s because he’s looking to improve his public image rather than because he genuinely cares. Bit cynical, but plausible. Ultimately only he knows his motives.
    But if it was all about money for him then he’s gone about things in a strange way.

Would you really fuckinv go and pump yourself with something you have no idea about?
    I’ve made it pretty clear previously than I would not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Right. This wasn’t some bloke down the pub who said he reckoned Saddam had WMDs.
    Are you suggesting that the press shouldn’t have reported on the dossier or its contents until they’d established that the contents was accurate? I’m not sure how they’d have done that quickly given that the sources in the dossier were redacted.
    I agree that the press have responsibility to check information but that’s not a contradiction to them reporting that the dossier exists and what was in it.
    NQ is acting like Blair took us to War because of a Sun headline. The opposite is true.

Obviously I don’t know Gates. Mate at church worked at a very senior level to the point that he did at times talk to Gates directly, he seems to thinks Gates was ok but they we hardly bffs.
    All I’ll say is that Gates would be the world’s richest man right now had he kept his Microsoft stock.
    He chose to give it away. You could argue that it’s because he’s looking to improve his public image rather than because he genuinely cares. Bit cynical, but plausible. Ultimately only he knows his motives.
    But if it was all about money for him then he’s gone about things in a strange way.

These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn’t being specific when talking about the media. My comments weren’t just about how the media reported the WMD lie.

I’m talking about clickbate, headlines which decieve, fist oaragraphs which are totally debunked by the end of the story. I’m talking about reporting on lies, and by the very nature of reporting on them, distorting fact.

The onus is on us all to be careful when reading this guff. So my point is, you either read between the lines, or you should form your own opinion based research, common sense and ignoring sensationalist nonsence.

People are sheep. If you feed them a line, they may not believe it completely, but their subconcious will allow them to treat it as truth, because they won’t bother to look at the other side of the argument, believing the opinion they first formed when reading the opening gambit.

The BBC is getting to be one of the worst culprits per the above.

Laura Kuensberg is a case in point. Her view (usually made for shit stirring and self importance) is teated as fact.

Does BBC fact checker (another laugh and a half), fact check her? Opinion pieces dressed up are the BBC way. Under cover of the percieved “national institution”, unbiased and reliable.

Most of the time, you just need to look under your own nose to see what’s going on.
    Last edited by LDG; 10-08-2020 at 06:59 AM.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coronavirus Pandemic

I’m talking about clickbate, headlines which decieve, fist oaragraphs which are totally debunked by the end of the story. I’m talking about reporting on lies, and by the very nature of reporting on them, distorting fact.

The onus is on us all to be careful when reading this guff. So my point is, you either read between the lines, or you should form your own opinion based research, common sense and ignoring sensationalist nonsence.

People are sheep. If you feed them a line, they may not believe it completely, but their subconcious will allow them to treat it as truth, because they won’t bother to look at the other side of the argument, believing the opinion they first formed when reading the opening gambit.

Most of the time, you just need to look under your own nose to see what’s going on.
    I don’t know what’s going on.

I just know that whatever it is, “I’M PAYING FOR IT”!

Honestly, you couldn’t make it up!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with most of your post, particularly this bit.
    I actually did a talk at church about this, I called it "What is Truth" because we seem to be living in a world where truth is increasingly hard to discern.
    The internet is a big factor but yes, clickbait and misleading headlines in the traditional press is definitely a factor too.
    It's frustrating how often a sensationalist headline is debunked in the first paragraph of the article it's above and you know that most people don't bother reading past the headline.

In my talk I urged people to read past headlines, cross check articles about the same story from different sources and use fact checking websites.
    I don't think there's much more we can do, but too many people don't even do those things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with most of your post, particularly this bit.
    I actually did a talk at church about this, I called it "What is Truth" because we seem to be living in a world where truth is increasingly hard to discern.
    The internet is a big factor but yes, clickbait and misleading headlines in the traditional press is definitely a factor too.
    It's frustrating how often a sensationalist headline is debunked in the first paragraph of the article it's above and you know that most people don't bother reading past the headline.

In my talk I urged people to read past headlines, cross check articles about the same story from different sources and use fact checking websites.
    I don't think there's much more we can do, but too many people don't even do those things.
    So you gave a 'What is truth' talk in a place where people spend their their time worshipping a non-existent god and reading from a work of fiction