User Tag List

Page 288 of 707 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went for a test after a friend tested positive this week. I was with him a few days back.
    Sounds more like HIV, tbf.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Just went for a test after a friend tested positive this week. I was with him a few days back.

My brain hurts now after how high they shoved that swab up my nose.

I don’t have any symptoms so I’ll be quite pissed off if it’s positive.
    Dont sweat it. I wouldnt. Pretty sure in a year 99% of the world population will have it just like 99% of us have flu antibodies. What scares me is the vaccine. If they insist. I will also insist. No thanks
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Dont sweat it. I wouldnt. Pretty sure in a year 99% of the world population will have it just like 99% of us have flu antibodies. What scares me is the vaccine. If they insist. I will also insist. No thanks
    As much as i think all the conspiracy stuff is BS, the vaccine is where i too draw the line, any medicine that's rushed to market is potentially dangerous, i'll let others be guinea pigs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    There's a funny exchange in Douglas Adams' HHGTTG where Arthur Dent describes the epic voyage he had to undertake to uncover the "public" plans for development of a bypass that unhappily has to run straight through his hous.
    Yes. I know it. And that would work really well as an analogy were a link to this article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51665497

Not literally on the BBC News home page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

(At the time of writing, it's in a link "how close are we to a vaccine"). So they're not hiding it very well.

The article mentions both the work Russia and China have done on vaccines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    No, we're back to you trying to frame the discussion
    What discussion? I simply posted a video. I wasn't replying to you or anyone else, I just posted it because I thought it was good.
    It's not from the MSM, not from "the government". It's just from some bloke on YouTube.
    I thought you liked that sort of thing. Or was it not tin foil hatty enough for you?
    He's a science teacher, I generally like his videos. That one is relevant to the thread so I posted it.
    You called it propaganda but have still refused to explain how it is so or what the motive of an individual would be to spread it.

Here's another one for you, from your favoured source. Pay particular attention to a small, rushed admission that creeps in towards the end and entirely destroys the arguments being presented in the initial propaganda piece.
    No arguments are presented in the video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    you're wrong on both counts i'm afraid

the referendum was a smash and grab in which enough people (far less than half the UK adult population btw as not everyone voted) were fooled for just long enough to get it over the line

as for general elections, look at the figures - the majority of voting is always for non-right parties, but it gets split every time between Lab, Lib Dem, plus SNP in scotland
    I think most people are centrist with a slight skew to the left.

The split in vote however, is leading to a government that is very unrepresentative of the majority of the population.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What discussion? I simply posted a video. I wasn't replying to you or anyone else, I just posted it because I thought it was good.
    It's not from the MSM, not from "the government". It's just from some bloke on YouTube.
    I thought you liked that sort of thing. Or was it not tin foil hatty enough for you?
    He's a science teacher, I generally like his videos. That one is relevant to the thread so I posted it.
    You called it propaganda but have still refused to explain how it is so or what the motive of an individual would be to spread it.

No arguments are presented in the video.
    Again, not playing your silly game. You posted that video as an low effort and diversionary response to issues raised earlier in the thread. Hence the little comment to accompany (what shall we pretend?) - your entirely innocent attempt to inform the public, upstanding citizen that you are.

Staying away from your diversionary tactics and getting back to the main thrust of the current, anti-scientific propaganda drive (try watching the BBC video again, see if you can twig), if cases are spiking (apply all previously documented and commented provisos here), and the tests are acceptable because (LOOOOL) nothing is 100% accurate (that's a prime piece of propaganda right there), and the tests are more likely to be undercounting the cases - what can we conclude about the actual threat posed by this virus, today? And where MUST that scientifically lead us as a first hypothesis? Not my science, or your science, (neither of which exist), but actual, long established science? The guy you are bowing to disproved his own argument and exposed himself as being just as ignorant as his straw man of choice. And I bet you still can't figure it out, just as you were totally flummoxed by the data in the early days.

I explained it in advance. Which is why you posted the video, of course. LOL. So your repeated demands for me to explain the motive of this guy (which is slightly less than 100% irrelevant, because nothing is entirely irrelevant, right?) will get you nowhere. However, if you or your friend want to talk about the established data and what it scientifically and reasonably confirms then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt one more time.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yes. I know it. And that would work really well as an analogy were a link to this article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51665497

Not literally on the BBC News home page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

(At the time of writing, it's in a link "how close are we to a vaccine"). So they're not hiding it very well.

The article mentions both the work Russia and China have done on vaccines.
    Yes, because if we confine the scope to text articles in the corner of a web site and push to one side the 24/7 rolling TV agenda that we've suffered for half a year now, it can be confirmed the BBC is doing a great job of providing impartial coverage. It's not their fault they haven't managed to spot the transformation from a "clap the NHS", "flatten the curve", collective effort at a time when data was in short supply, to a police state that now speaks of second waves and the case count in an entirely one-sided manner that flies in the face of medicine, biology, all of science quite frankly. They've literally eliminated the human immune system and all evidence from other nations that handled the crisis scientifically and instead invented a whole new branch of pseudo-science that is diametrically opposed to the long established reality. But, of course, they are an authority source so yessir, three bags full sir.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I think most people are centrist with a slight skew to the left.

The split in vote however, is leading to a government that is very unrepresentative of the majority of the population.
    When was there ever a government that represents the people? Maybe it happened once, a long time ago. Maybe.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    As much as i think all the conspiracy stuff is BS, the vaccine is where i too draw the line, any medicine that's rushed to market is potentially dangerous, i'll let others be guinea pigs
    And what if you are denied access to society in general as a result? In fact I think you may have mentioned that before, but in reality - what if you are literally cut off from the outside world, in all practical ways? No travel. No shopping. No recreation. You work from home, don't you? But many don't, so their jobs will be at risk, especially civil servants - doctors, teachers, etc. A lot of people will have to submit to this shit and that, in turn, will force a lot more to fall into line. Despite the claims of many, I would think most will submit when the time comes. Convenience and short term gain has been baked into the psyche of Westerners over decades. Most will welcome tracking, tracking, tagging, 24/7 surveillance in every aspect of their lives. Plenty of "benefits" will be rolled out to secure their buy-in.

What if they come for your kids? Irresponsible parent? Placing your children at risk with your far-out kooky conspiracy theories?

Won't be an easy ride if you decide not to take them up on their kind offer.
    Für eure Sicherheit