User Tag List

Page 29 of 707 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah guess it’s whatever one is used to. I’ve commuted in and out of London practically all my working life so to me that is normal and I don’t mind it really. Doesn’t help having a wife on mat leave and a teething baby screaming the place down at home though...
    Well i've always avoided having kids too 'cos i couldn't deal with all that hassle...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw i don't buy that johnson's ill, it's just him avoiding too much scrutiny as usual and going for the sympathy vote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Btw i don't buy that johnson's ill, it's just him avoiding too much scrutiny as usual and going for the sympathy vote
    Come on dude. That's a non-starter. Too many enemies watching out for the slightest chink in the armour. Especially in his own party. I'd be much more concerned about the possibility of him being put on "sick leave" by those who would take this crisis as an opportunity to rewrite the order of things. I don't think that's happening. But that's what I'd be most concerned about.

Many of the people in power are already very sick, in the head. These are very dangerous times for more reasons than a virus being on the loose. For starters, I'm wondering why people in cars are being stopped by the police. Self-isolating and social distancing makes sense, in the strict context of the pandemic. But why is travel by safe means being curtailed? Can I really not now drive on the street to my mother's home if she needs some assistance? That's a huge fucking deal. And I can't think of a good reason why it's happening. That's the sort of stuff we need to be questioning.

Have you been watching the antics of that ultra-cunt Bill Gates? More stuff to be watching closely and questioning. These sick in the head bastards will certainly not be allowing this crisis to go to waste.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I actively like commuting.
    I can understand why people don’t but it gives me a chance to read.
    And I like the office environment.
    I like having lunch with people.

I like the option to WAH but I don’t want it enforced on me for an extended period.
    I agree with this. My whole job is face to face broking so its a real change having to do it via email/phone calls. It’s a completely different way of working.

But i do enjoy commuting as i get to read for 40 minutes each way and switch off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Come on dude. That's a non-starter. Too many enemies watching out for the slightest chink in the armour. Especially in his own party. I'd be much more concerned about the possibility of him being put on "sick leave" by those who would take this crisis as an opportunity to rewrite the order of things. I don't think that's happening. But that's what I'd be most concerned about.

Many of the people in power are already very sick, in the head. These are very dangerous times for more reasons than a virus being on the loose. For starters, I'm wondering why people in cars are being stopped by the police. Self-isolating and social distancing makes sense, in the strict context of the pandemic. But why is travel by safe means being curtailed? Can I really not now drive on the street to my mother's home if she needs some assistance? That's a huge fucking deal. And I can't think of a good reason why it's happening. That's the sort of stuff we need to be questioning.

Have you been watching the antics of that ultra-cunt Bill Gates? More stuff to be watching closely and questioning. These sick in the head bastards will certainly not be allowing this crisis to go to waste.
    the Bill G thing is fake news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52039642

And remember this is the guy who's spent untold millions on combatting third-world disease, saving more lives than coronavirus will take for sure.

if you want a nazi, try steve jobs who by all accounts would have been well and truly in his element in 1930s Germany, and yet he still gets worshipped as some kind of hero despite doing nothing more than selling overpriced heavily-proprietry trendy crap to wankers with their jeans half way down their arse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't talking about fake messages on the Internet. I'm talking about his shitty authoritarian politics and where he uses his stolen money (agreed, same as Jobs), to do what's best for people whether they like it or not - for huge profits, of course. He's a sinister piece of shit and Mr GMO turning up with the likes of mass murderer Tony Blair at a time like this with "the answers" is something to watch closely in case any of it gains traction. Maybe he's jealous because the virus has started killing more Indians than he's managed?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cases of people phoning the police to report on their neighbours going out. The virus is now the second biggest threat to the country.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything I have been asking is summed up in this article by Hitchens.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-crippled.html

It's especially noteworthy (if true) that the standard procedure for recording cause of death has been changed for COVID19. That would make all the difference in the world to the officially reported statistics and the government should urgently clarify if this is the case.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 29-03-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Spain could be on an even steeper trajectory than Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Cases of people phoning the police to report on their neighbours going out. The virus is now the second biggest threat to the country.
    Well i guess they're bored of ratting on their neighbours about alleged benefit fraud etc... nothing like the British community spirit eh...