Page 297 of 707 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Be interesting to know, because with unmanned hospitals, and empty doctors surgeries accross the land, surely people will be getting all the help they need to survive disease and infection.

And you have to question are any statistics reliable?

I have only heard of one person through my whole friendship group that has had COVID. In the same period, I have known four people diagnosed with cancer, one of whom died within three weeks of diagnosis, one who died of a heartattack, and one elderly lady who died of natural causes.

I should be hearing about others who have died with COVID, but I’m not.

Maybe it’s pure anomaly. Would be interested to know how many people others have known who have died of/with....
    One friend of mine had it quite bad, but not hospital-bad, one or two others have had it mildly, but not much, it's been thr same or less for other people i've asked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    No lead in the pencil?
    No pencil.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Then what’s with all the excess deaths this year over and above the 5 year average.
    Something had killed a lot more people than usual this year.
    Mostly old, sick people granted. But still, something is doing it.
    Absurd mismanagement (shall we be kind?) of the health protocols allegedly designed to protect the ONLY vulnerable group, the elderly who are already sick with an average of 2.4 pre-existing conditions. Those were the people who got no care at all, untrained care, or extremely dangerous "professional" care. We should now look for a corresponding dip beneath the average death rate over the next two years. Now they've been got rid of.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Be interesting to know, because with unmanned hospitals, and empty doctors surgeries accross the land, surely people will be getting all the help they need to survive disease and infection.

And you have to question are any statistics reliable?

I have only heard of one person through my whole friendship group that has had COVID. In the same period, I have known four people diagnosed with cancer, one of whom died within three weeks of diagnosis, one who died of a heartattack, and one elderly lady who died of natural causes.

I should be hearing about others who have died with COVID, but I’m not.

Maybe it’s pure anomaly. Would be interested to know how many people others have known who have died of/with....
    As far as we know, there's not a single recorded case in our town, let alone any deaths. And I've visited the two main hospitals in the region on several occasions and all the testing facilities are shut, the wards are empty, it's skeleton staff where they have a single ward team now covering two, sometimes three wards, to the extent patients have to be moved from ward to ward as the staff rotate.

There no sign anywhere in my area that there was a first wave and certainly no sign of a second wave.

During the peak of this thing I also had to attend St Thomas', epidemic central you might say. Again, empty wards, minimal staff, more security staff than medical staff.

It's thoroughly bizarre.

Then there's the Nightingale hospitals. Empty.

Hospital ships in New York.

Empty.

And whenever the media needed to show just how horrible this plague was, they'd show images from Italian hospitals.

The reality comes from human behaviour though. If anyone really thought a killer disease was stalking humanity you wouldn't see them crowded on beaches, or milling around shops, or packed on trains. That's the real indicator. You'd soon see a deserted town if people were dropping dead in the streets or we could see images of UK stretched to the limit with ambulances queued at the doors.

I remember tuning into a YouTube channel run by this doctor who was gearing up to face this avalanche of death. He spent most of the time remarking how quiet things were at this hospital. Yeah, he treated people with coughs and flu symptoms, for sure. And he treated very sick elderly people, which was not uncommon before this crisis. But hospitals battling against a tide of infection? Nope.

Certainly a lot of elderly people got sick and many died, again a common occurrence. But I guess that's what's going to happen if you empty sick people out of hospitals and send them into nursing homes. Not the smarted medical decision really. And then once they get a sniffle you force them into a coma and put a tube down their throat. You;re going to see casualties when you do those sort of things.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yeah you should stop sending me that stuff...
    Trump 2020 campaign materials.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBC forgot to close the comments

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We should now look for a corresponding dip beneath the average death rate over the next two years. Now they've been got rid of.
    Interesting. That could happen.
    That might be balanced by a rise in deaths from conditions which can be treated but while all this was going on people haven’t been getting treatment or diagnoses. Then there’s the collective mental health impact

And meanwhile, the economy is completely shafted. The job retention scheme was the boy putting his finger in the dyke (stop it). That ends soon and a load of companies are going to have to lay off staff.
    I mentioned in BW I had a walk in central London before a visit to the office and while people are around the shops are dead, the theatres are closed. No way most of them will survive.

But at least it might mean footballers being jolted back to reality. Sorry, Mesut, but you’re not going to keep getting £350k a week for long while fans can’t attend matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Plenty

In fact i should have said 'that i know of...'
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Then what’s with all the excess deaths this year over and above the 5 year average.
    Something had killed a lot more people than usual this year.
    Mostly old, sick people granted. But still, something is doing it.
    The excess deaths measure will provide an insight into the overall effect of the Covid pandemic. But we’ll be no better informed as to the number of deaths as a direct result of Covid.

Many of the deaths that are occurring that would impact on the count of excess deaths are a result of mishandling by the government.

This is evident in the widespread cancellation and delay on diagnosis and treatment of other diseases which have to be resulting in excess deaths relating to known fatal conditions as heart disease and cancer.

In addition to that, people are scared shit of seeking diagnosis of ailments because they are worried about getting Covid.

These delays are likely killing far more people every hour than the official figures for Covid in a week.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    BBC forgot to close the comments

Good to see people are waking up to this bullshit
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.