User Tag List

Page 32 of 707 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If you don't know by this stage that China hid the problem, you are essentially completely uninformed. If you can't even get that far along the track, I suspect you can't be bothered to make the journey at all. Which is fine. I make no demands of you and we almost live in a free country.
    Clearly china are the cause of the problem and the way they have lied about the virus has resulted in many deaths. That is not debatable.

However, ifTrump is not sending aid to various states that would help save lives and people die because of that, then yes Trump is accountable for those deaths.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't know by this stage that China hid the problem, you are essentially completely uninformed. If you can't even get that far along the track, I suspect you can't be bothered to make the journey at all. Which is fine. I make no demands of you and we almost live in a free country.
    You don't "know" it either. You've presumably read something to that effect. I know you like to think you think for yourself but you don't, you just read and believe difference sources. But please provide your evidence

And I note you have "accidentally" missed the point of my post, which is that whether they did or not is irrelevant to whether World Leaders had some responsibility for dealing with the issue when it became apparent. Which of course they did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You don't "know" it either. You've presumably read something to that effect. I know you like to think you think for yourself but you don't, you just read and believe difference sources. But please provide your evidence

And I note you have "accidentally" missed the point of my post, which is that whether they did or not is irrelevant to whether World Leaders had some responsibility for dealing with the issue when it became apparent. Which of course they did.
    No, I didn't accidentally miss anything. I picked one line from your post and responded to that, in the same way you did with mine.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You don't "know" it either. You've presumably read something to that effect.
    and in the M*il no doubt, which is the equivvalent of reading something on a bog wall and taking it as gospel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    and in the M*il no doubt, which is the equivvalent of reading something on a bog wall and taking it as gospel
    Mail-reading Tories like N____Q are the worst.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    What is it with you and the Mail? Some people read the Mail, others the Guardian, others the Sun... it's all the same shit, with different flavoured spin. I don't "read" any newspapers, as in cover to cover. But I'll use any of them for direct quotes or verified data or anything that isn't subject to the bullshit contexts they apply. You don't become a Tory because you read an article from the Mail, just as you aren't automatically a communist if you glance at the Guardian.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Mail-reading Tories like N____Q are the worst.
    How's your little utopia in Brussels getting on? From here it looks like the whole thing has fallen to pieces.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Clearly china are the cause of the problem and the way they have lied about the virus has resulted in many deaths. That is not debatable.

However, ifTrump is not sending aid to various states that would help save lives and people die because of that, then yes Trump is accountable for those deaths.
    That's a more difficult one to deal with because it's currently a he said/ she said argument.

Trump's explanation is that as much aid as possible is being sent to as many states as possible. But some states have not distributed what has already been sent. In those cases, where distribution has not occurred, those states are being downgraded in favour of others because it has been assumed (if the supplies have not been fully distributed) the urgency is lower. Then you have the respective governors who are all prioritising their own state, rightly so, and when they don't get everything the ask for they complain as loudly as possible.

Information is generally coming through the sensationalist and doom mongering media, and that always has to be taken into account.

Common sense plays a part here too. Regardless of the pandemic, there's still an election coming up. So it would be an absurdly senseless (not to mention evil) act for the Trump to order politically motivated restrictions on certain states. Whereas the opposite is true for the Democrats and Democratic states. The worse they can make Trump look the more chance the cadaver they are running against him will have. Anyone who thinks that isn't happening is naive. Certainly (hopefully) not in all cases, but some. We've already seen politicians from both sides, who knew about this pandemic in advance, adjust their financial positions accordingly while keeping what they knew from the public. These are not normal human beings, which is why they have risen to positions of power in the first place.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is it with you and the Mail? Some people read the Mail, others the Guardian, others the Sun... it's all the same shit, with different flavoured spin. I don't "read" any newspapers, as in cover to cover. But I'll use any of them for direct quotes or verified data or anything that isn't subject to the bullshit contexts they apply. You don't become a Tory because you read an article from the Mail, just as you aren't automatically a communist if you glance at the Guardian.
    it's not about having a political slant, it's about:

- regularly inciting hatred and anger towards sections of society who are often blameless and unable to defend themselves eg people forced to claim benefits or immigrants

- blatantly lying and distorting the truth beyond all recognition e.g. the EU debate, climate change etc

- generally making people angry about things they don't need to be angry about but which the newspapers' owners/editors want people to be angry about

in contrast the guardian doesn't incite racial or any other type of hatred and is owned by a not-for-pofit trust, not private mini-dictators who are simply bending the truth to line their own pockets and pursue a right-wing agenda

I'll make an exception in the case of the FT which does a resaonable job of sticking to facts and truth overall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)