User Tag List

Page 330 of 707 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zara Sultana (can that be her real name?) at least spoke out about this in parliament, noting the bill removes the right to take civil action against the authorities when they commit criminal activities. Well done to her for standing against the stuffed shirts and puppets who are waving this through.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If you recall, we started this when you suggested censorship could be justified.
    I can see that an argument could be made, but also think there are dangers.

This was in response to me advising you are the arbiter of your own truth
    You have added "your own" which you didn't before. So yes. Only I can decide for myself what I think is true or not.
    But on many issues there is an absolute truth which is independent of what you or I or anyone else thinks.
    That truth may be hard to determine of course, and that's where access to information is important even if we come to different conclusions.

But when information is demonstrably wrong and believing it can have dangerous consequences then something should be done about it.
    The issues are who is the arbiter of what is demonstrably wrong (or right) and what should be done about it.

Not every opinion or piece of information is equally valid. And believing some misinformation can be dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I can see that an argument could be made, but also think there are dangers.

You have added "your own" which you didn't before. So yes. Only I can decide for myself what I think is true or not.
    But on many issues there is an absolute truth which is independent of what you or I or anyone else thinks.
    That truth may be hard to determine of course, and that's where access to information is important even if we come to different conclusions.

But when information is demonstrably wrong and believing it can have dangerous consequences then something should be done about it.
    The issues are who is the arbiter of what is demonstrably wrong (or right) and what should be done about it.

Not every opinion or piece of information is equally valid. And believing some misinformation can be dangerous.
    So now you are saying the link between vaccination and autism, for example, is demonstrably wrong? Despite it being in dispute and the existence of case evidence that has been successfully demonstrated in courts? Maybe that's not what you are saying but, considering you said it before and then used it as the basis for legitimising censorship, assuming that's what you are saying, censorship in this case would only serve to shut down a legitimate debate where the facts have most certainly not been settled. Do you know how difficult it is to get these issues into the public eye at all, let alone on to the floor of Congress? There has to be smoke, fire and a collapsing building before public awareness is raised. So arguing censorship is ever tolerable because dangerous information may leak out is an exaggeration at best, not based in reality more likely. One nut claiming something outrageous isn't going to be discussed in parliament (unless it is being used as a straw man for shutting down larger issues and sources, as we have seen with 5G for example). I think what you may mean is when dissent threatens the establishment doctrine THEN it is legitimate to shut that dissent down. Would that be more accurate?

Incidentally, I said, "YOU are your arbiter of truth', which is the same thing as what you now claim I have contextually altered. Not true. Of course if you deleted my prior post and every reference to it, which you have the power to do, I could never prove it and hence a new truth would be established by the "evidence" and the absence of evidence. Precisely what the fact checkers are there for, by the way. To provide the justification for censorship by the tech monopolies.

Censorship is never justified under any circumstances. It can never harm anyone to have information. It can only harm them when information is withheld. Some people will always refer to snake-oil salesmen for their reality, which is their right to do and nobody's right to stop them doing. These people can't be helped by restricting the flow of information. They will just find alternatives. And in the process you have shut down everyone else, the vast majority, who now stand no chance of reaching their own conclusion - only a conclusion that has been laid before them through the absence of all else.

Good information rises, with diminishing dissent as that information is tested and verified. No amount of fake news can prevent this provided ALL information is permitted. Example. Almost everyone by now can see with their own eyes and through their own experience the true effect of Covid, purely medically speaking that is. They know - despite the constant fake news from the mainstream. The mainstream has been reduced to trotting out fairy tales that people just roll their eyes at. Even you did it a moment ago - SECOND WAVE! (although I would think you had 2 purposes in that case, one less obvious but more important). You haven't seen balanced coverage on the mainstream since Day 1. And that has harmed a great number of people in many different ways, likely some of which we can't even predict at this stage.

The US president was just censored (in the most stupid manner, because his tweet will get more coverage than ever now), for telling us what we all can see and what most of us know to be true. Or do we deny our lying eyes and put our brains in reverse so some habitual liar on the BBC can tell us all about our own personal evidence which just so happens to tally with our neighbour's personal evidence, and so on?

This is why it is essential at this time for all information to flow without any form of restriction. The failure to allow it has seriously hampered the debate and skewed it to a point where credulity has broken. And there's a truth in this outcome too. The mainstream media is fake news.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have added "your own" which you didn't before.
    'NQ manipulating the truth to produce fake news' shock

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. So.
    Just got back from playing football at the local PowerLeague.
    We usually play at a school, but now we can’t.
    Because after making the bloke who runs it jump through one million health and safety hoops, they have now said that because we are not an “FA Approved” group, we can’t play there.
    But we can play at the PowerLeague because reasons.
    At the school we were asked to do all kinds of things, temperature checks, wearing masks till we get onto the pitch, hand sanitiser.
    At the PowerLeague...nothing. No rules. We just book, turn up and play.
    All completely mental.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We play at Powerleague too and there’s literally nothing there one would consider “covid safe”.

Even at the pub they’ve got, we had a group of 9 of us having a post-match pint last week.

It’s great tbf. We know the owners as we’ve been regulars there for over 10 years. He just lets us get on with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Even at the pub they’ve got, we had a group of 9 of us having a post-match pint last week.
    *calls police*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. So.
    Just got back from playing football at the local PowerLeague.
    We usually play at a school, but now we can’t.
    Because after making the bloke who runs it jump through one million health and safety hoops, they have now said that because we are not an “FA Approved” group, we can’t play there.
    But we can play at the PowerLeague because reasons.
    At the school we were asked to do all kinds of things, temperature checks, wearing masks till we get onto the pitch, hand sanitiser.
    At the PowerLeague...nothing. No rules. We just book, turn up and play.
    All completely mental.
    You do realise you're going to die now? And you've murdered many people in the process? I hope you're pleased with yourself.

Oops - wrong thread. Should be in the BBC strategy thread. Sorry.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *calls police*

This call may be recorded for training purposes and by GCHQ for unknown purposes.

Please press 1 and hang up if you want to report a burglary or apply for your self detection kit.

Please press 1 and hang up if you want to report a rape committed by a non-Pakistani.

Please press 1 and hang up if you want to report the outbreak of nuclear war.

Please press 2 if you want to report somebody being mean to you on Twitter and to arrange for a taxpayer funded grief counsellor.

Please press 3 if you want to grass your neighbour up and apply for a gold star.

Or please press 0 for other enquiries and wait for the line to go dead.

DREADFUL MUSIC>>>>

Thank you, your call is important to us.

DREADFUL MUSIC>>>>
    Für eure Sicherheit