Page 340 of 707 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    One more time. Go and read the NYT article about Trump's taxes (not the BBC fake news). Read that and then we can have a civilised discussion about fake news
    Why are you so obsessed about that article? I've already I said I posted it partly as a troll and I don't care how much tax he paid.
    From the parts I have read - I did try reading it but, honestly, my eyes glazed over, I don't care enough - the article is mostly about how he's not the successful business genius he claims.
    Nothing ground-breaking or anything I didn't know.

To respond to a previous post:

I reckon, were we to meet in person, you wouldn't be half the pillock your pretend to be.
    I'm not pretending. And as for "pillock", I might remind you how you reacted when I moved a post of yours.
    (A decision I stand by and which none of the other mods objected to.)
    You first lied about being "censored" - not true, I simply moved some posts to a new thread - a thread that is still in your sig, no posts were deleted or edited.
    I offered you the option to pick a thread title when you objected to mine - you declined.
    You then went all "Frank Grimes" and were so unpleasant to me in pretty much every post that someone (not me) had to ban you.
    And I'm the pillock? Alright, dude...

The contradictory beliefs BS is reflection from you again. Just the other day you said sure, politicians are corrupt and they lie, but they don't plan to screw us - in so many words. That's silly.
    Yes, that IS silly. Lucky that's not what I said then...
    The actual gist of what I said was that sure, politicians may be incompetent, corrupt and self-serving, but I don't think they have any interest in controlling every aspect of our lives.
    The measures in place this year have been misguided but I don't believe they are part of some masterplan to control. My evidence of that is the fact that restrictions have been lifted and reimposed as cases numbers (as the government are measuring them) have changed and pretty much every country around the world no matter what their politics have taken similar approaches.
    You have made a lot of wild predictions about what will happen next, I guess we will see if you're right.

Tomorrow I'm going to eat your lunch. It's not going to be pretty.
    You've seen MrsL's cooking.
    (Said for comedic effect, she's actually pretty good)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because, from many examples, it's the easiest to deal with on a web forum and offers the most decisive outcome. Your eyes are meant to glaze over when you are dealing with things like this. That's what the author is counting on. But the upshot is, you willingly (though seemingly unwittingly) conveyed fake news, which was in turn based on classic propaganda, which was in turn based on an outright lie.

As for the censorship thing, a few days after being banned I noticed you did exactly what caused the issue - posted about Wenger outside the quarantine zone you created. Then you did it again. And again. That issue arose because you have a thing about Wenger being criticised, and on that particular occasion you let it get to you. Just as censorship gets to me. You caused that problem and to this day claim you did not.

My predictions aren't wild though, are they? Scientists, doctors and lawyers are now saying the same - months after I said it. They have more to lose than I do, and a bigger audience, so it took a while before they were confident enough to say what has become painfully obvious to everyone who looks. There are a thousand and one other things I could say, but I don't have the data to prove the obvious, which most people still require before they accept (or even contemplate) the obvious. Which is probably a good thing, in most cases, but maybe not when things are moving so quickly in the wrong direction.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I've heard talk of this.
    I am going to lose my shit if they try and do that here.
    What will you do if you lose your shit?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we going to have live coverage on GW of the draw for regional lockdowns? I'm hoping for Green but expect Amber. Cobra meeting was at 8am where I suppose they mainly said, fuck, fuck, fuck, the bastards at the WHO have dumped us right in it! Johnson gets a briefing from doctors at 11am, so that's happening now. Main event kick-off is expected around 3:30pm where dad will tell us what's allowed and assign us our colour. Red means lots of restrictions. Amber means quite a lot of restrictions and green means some restrictions, just in case you thought it meant go or all clear or anything you would normally associate with green.

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm mainly hoping we don't have to cancel our visit to my cousin's place this weekend.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will you do if you lose your shit?
    I guess I'll...I'll just be pretty cross. Will I actively defy? If I see lots of other people walking around without masks then I won't wear one either.
    If pretty much everyone is though then...I'll probably meekly comply. Which is a bit pathetic.
    I doubt they will do that. Even they can't pretend the science indicates that would be a good idea...can they?!
    I suspect it'll be more around closing pubs and restaurants, restrictions on who you can meet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    I'm mainly hoping we don't have to cancel our visit to my cousin's place this weekend.
    Are they "up north"? My brother in law is 40 today and there were plans for him to have a night in Liverpool - he's a Beatles fan so would appreciate that.
    But it's a bit pointless if they go up there and everything is shut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told you all it was a bad idea to have friends or a social life. Who's laughing now? Everything is normal for me, whatever dad says.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Are they "up north"? My brother in law is 40 today and there were plans for him to have a night in Liverpool - he's a Beatles fan so would appreciate that.
    But it's a bit pointless if they go up there and everything is shut
    No, but I am. Moved to Manchester this July.

There's talk of banning transport out of the region.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    No, but I am. Moved to Manchester this July.

There's talk of banning transport out of the region.
    Guantanamo UK
    Make 2mrw better than 2day