0 Thread(s)
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hut-WEEKS.html

Pissheads in Liverpool cutting loose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's all one huge fucking lie. Which bit can't you see?
    Most of your arguments are along the lines of the Harry Enfield character which Gary said you remind him of “is that what you want? ‘Cos that’s what’ll ‘appen!”. Where the “that” is always some dystopian nightmarish future. Soldiers marching down the streets keeping us in our houses, now people welcoming redundancy because it’s for the good of the planet.

These things aren’t going to happen.

You could argue it’s a pointless argument. This isn’t like arguing about who is going to win an upcoming football match. You can watch the match and find out and then you can argue about the outcome of it. This is like arguing about a match 10 or 20 years in the future. The honest answer is we don’t know.

But I have explained why I don’t think these things will happen and why there’s not much point in worrying about it anyway. Unless you think there’s anything we can actually do to stop these things happening. Part of my skepticism is that things like this have been prophesied for decades. People have been wringing their hands about surveillance and control and automation replacing jobs for decades. Hasn’t happened. Yes, the infrastructure is in place to control our lives if “they” wanted to, but I don’t think they do. And automation has replaced lots of jobs but other jobs took their place.

Right now you’re the guy on the street corner with the board saying
    “THE WORLD WILL END IN
    2020”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes but unlike the guy on the street corner, NQ is actually paid to do this kind of thing - though by whom and why i really can't fathom - dark forces perhaps... ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Most of your arguments are along the lines of the Harry Enfield character which Gary said you remind him of “is that what you want? ‘Cos that’s what’ll ‘appen!”. Where the “that” is always some dystopian nightmarish future. Soldiers marching down the streets keeping us in our houses, now people welcoming redundancy because it’s for the good of the planet.

These things aren’t going to happen.

You could argue it’s a pointless argument. This isn’t like arguing about who is going to win an upcoming football match. You can watch the match and find out and then you can argue about the outcome of it. This is like arguing about a match 10 or 20 years in the future. The honest answer is we don’t know.

But I have explained why I don’t think these things will happen and why there’s not much point in worrying about it anyway. Unless you think there’s anything we can actually do to stop these things happening. Part of my skepticism is that things like this have been prophesied for decades. People have been wringing their hands about surveillance and control and automation replacing jobs for decades. Hasn’t happened. Yes, the infrastructure is in place to control our lives if “they” wanted to, but I don’t think they do. And automation has replaced lots of jobs but other jobs took their place.

Right now you’re the guy on the street corner with the board saying
    “THE WORLD WILL END IN
    2020”
    No Letters, you're the warmism nut and I wouldn't dream of cutting in on your action. You'll buy bullshit like the polar bears disappearing every 5 minutes, or a seasonal hurricane being a sign of end days, but when the UK becomes a totally different country, right under your nose, it's temporary. To cover your bases you whisper from under your bed, I'm against this - carefully ensuring your Alexa is turned off first.

Why are you the problem? That's an easy one. You're one of the people who will tolerate anything handed down by authority and then, without bidding, find a reason to justify it. You're the Good German. The fearful servant. The only time you would stand up is when those seated become the minority. And, right up to that point, you'll hurl shit at whoever rises because they're blocking your world view. There would be no progress had people like you prevailed, we'd all still be digging in the dirt and genuflecting when the lord rode past.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

Of course there is no evil, and goodness can be purchased once a week by ritual. So all is virtuous.

You've avoided the science like it's more contagious than the plague. Just like the reasonable authoritarians you claim you don't agree with (in terms of methodology, not intention or morality) but, darn it, once the science you never mention gives us the all-clear, it'll go back to the way it was, just like it always does when authoritarians gather power to themselves. And if it doesn't, well there will be a perfectly reasonable explanation for that too.

We'll just have to wait until it is too late to see.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yes but unlike the guy on the street corner, NQ is actually paid to do this kind of thing - though by whom and why i really can't fathom - dark forces perhaps... ?
    Well, comrade, the job is varied, ranges from winning elections through Facebook ads to faking illnesses for prime ministers and presidents.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Letters, you're the warmism nut and I wouldn't dream of cutting in on your action. You'll buy bullshit like the polar bears disappearing every 5 minutes, or a seasonal hurricane being a sign of end days
    so you're a climate change denier too? is there no nutcase philosophy to which you aren't signed up?

You've avoided the science
    no, you have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so you're a climate change denier too? is there no nutcase philosophy to which you aren't signed up?

no, you have
    Nope. The climate has changed continuously over the past billions of years. The "climate change denier" label is an attempt by the warmism crowd to push the actual and observable science to the fringe while they bring their consistently garbage models to the fore. We've seen it again with Covid. Pure fantasy presented in fancy graphs and then used to set policy which, coincidentally, works in favour of the super wealthy and at the expense of everyone else.

You are the weirdest leftie I've encountered. You hate tories, but you lap up the bullshit from those who control the tories.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So. It will be called CommonPass. It will prove you have been vaccinated, that all your boosters are up to date and I guess whatever other requirements get piled on top. Without it, you will not be able to travel. Senior staff to run this new agency are being hired right now. Funding is coming from the Rockefeller Foundation. Trials begin in the North East, probably this month.

Well I won't be getting their shitty vaccine! Until it is time for holidays in which case, grumble, grumble, grumble... comply.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The government made a series of shockingly irresponsible decisions which abandoned care home residents to die. The appalling death toll was entirely avoidable - it is a scandal of monumental proportions."

-- Amnesty International

It's a mistake. The incompetence theory. What we need is a non-independent review which concludes that lessons must be learned but nobody is responsible. As usual.

It's a coincidence the same scandal occurred all across Europe and in New York. The coincidence theory.

The only comfort for the victims is they can't be killed twice (unless SAGE and ONS can come up with a novel counting methodology)
    Für eure Sicherheit