Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    1-0 to the Enfield Town

Margate
    Daaaaaaaaan to margate
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Yorkshire into Tier 3.

Looks like we're on the verge of a unique crisis. For the first time ever, respiratory illnesses are spiking in winter. Only lockdown will save the NHS.

And I thought all the money that has been extracted with menaces from people who used to have jobs was supposed to save the NHS. And the huge array of bureaucrats that probably outnumber medical staff by now, I thought they were supposed to save the NHS. Apparently not. Seems like kicking patients out of hospital and preventing them coming in the first place is what will save the NHS. Best get outside and start clapping.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously there's no second wave. That's what all the data confirms. It can't be disputed, based on the data, and the government has been reduced to making stupid claims that focus on "cases", involving people who aren't sick, "percentages" of occupancy that can't be correlated in any way to the first (and only) wave, and other dodgy measurements that try to muddy the data. If anything, current mortality rates have dipped below the 5 year average, which is to be expected given the nursing home scandal.

So what is this about? Is another, more serious pandemic coming? Has the global economy crashed? Is this some authoritarian power grab? Or is it a case of the government (and most other governments in the world) point blank refusing to accept they made a catastrophic mistake? Or what?

What has caused most of the governments on the planet to trash their economies and impose draconian restrictions on their citizens? At this late stage in the game, and with the lies becoming more obvious as each day passes, isn't it time people were told what we are really facing here? And can we not assume that if governments refuse to speak, either their intentions are hostile or they have suffered a total loss of control?

For those who rely on the incompetence and coincidence theories to explain global events, even by these measures isn't it time to start making reasonable demands of our governments? How crazy and destructive does this have to get before it dawns on people that all may not be as explained by the current narrative?

How long ago did those students get locked down in their campuses? Are they all dead now? How many got sick? How many were hospitalised? So why is the government insisting we are in the middle of a second pandemic? And why are they shutting down health services for almost every other illness? Bonkers. People were enraged and energised by the Brexit debate, but we're all just sitting here waiting for the state to offload the latest pile of bullshit, when the consequences of this crisis will be immeasurably more severe. We were worried about a 20% drop in GDP following Brexit? Remember how half the nation was screaming about it? What are we facing if this mayhem runs unchecked? Has anyone run the numbers?

There's a 99.9% chance of surviving this disease, for the vast majority of people. Has anyone worked out the percentage chance of surviving the cure?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqiri Is Boss View Post
    An incredible number of pubs have suddenly started serving food in the last week. Apparently crisps are now classed as a main meal.

A lot of places seem to be leaving their lights on late into the night as well
    Better warn the landlords that Cressida Cunt has asked coppers to demand photo ID and check social media to see if they can catch establishments out for flouting their fascist decrees. No doubt you'll be kept safe up there in the same way.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    What has caused most of the governments on the planet to trash their economies and impose draconian restrictions on their citizens? At this late stage in the game, and with the lies becoming more obvious as each day passes, isn't it time people were told what we are really facing here? And can we not assume that if governments refuse to speak, either their intentions are hostile or they have suffered a total loss of control?
    I'm really struggling with this tbh.
    As you know, I don't think "they" are out to get us or control us. I do think the measures being put in place are temporary and a response to something.
    I'm sure they're temporary because multiple countries have imposed restrictions (whatever their politics) and the response has changed over time.

But right now I'm at a loss to what they're responding to in this country.
    Cases are high but (let's leave aside whether the test is accurate) that isn't a good measure.
    Yes, hospitalisations are rising as are deaths. But neither of them are anywhere near the levels they were at the peak of this thing.
    Maybe the argument is that the trend is rising - which it is. But as you point out, don't hospitalisations for this sort of thing go up every year in this season?

I do believe incompetence is a factor but it's increasingly hard to think it's the only one.
    I don't really see who wins out of this. I mean, very rich people will get very richer but they would anyway, they didn't need to orchestrate all this for that to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, here's my own conspiracy theory

Johnson and those other Leave c***s are quite happy to fuck over the economy and blame COVID as it means they won't face the rap for the gigantic economic fuckup of leaving the EU, especially without a deal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad one

But it doesn't explain why basically every country has reacted in the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a democrat hoax.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.