Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Example of a YouTube ranter -> here

Example of paid-for fake news -> here

Go for it. Quite happy to debate.

I'm very familiar with Tony Benn's politics, thanks. He stood on principle, which is the foundation of all meaningful politics - or else you just have marketing. Like Mr Corbyn used car salesman once he got within touching distance of the ring. People can have a good idea, just as people can have a bad idea. Provided those ideas, when envisaged by leaders, are genuine and lead rather than mislead those who follow. When you apply a blind ideology and lap up the good with the bad, simply because they are on your team, you've become part of the problem, not the solution. It's the REPRESENTATIVE debate and the fundamental understanding of where power legitimately lies that matters (as Benn describes). Any politician who doesn't grasp that is just dancing on a stage, fluffing up his own nest or hiding in the shadow of the bigger animals hoping they get shot first.

This is why I can easily support Brexit. Why I can easily stand against wars. Why I can vehemently denounce the deviants who are trying to seize power in the States. Has absolutely nothing to do with supporting any one figurehead. Never voted, highly unlikely I ever will because, unfortunately, principled candidates don't seem to get pre-selected for the ballot. Of course if that ever happened, I'd think again.

But we hate tories right? Full stop. Which means we must love... Must.

Don't play it, never played it.
    leaving the EU is pure ideology - the ideology of nationalism, flags being more important than cooperation and finding common ground

Trump is also pure ideology - the ideology of right-wing 'freedom' which actually enslaves the vast majority in a system which is gamed against them by the nearest thing there is to the 'dark forces' you're always going on about, essentially the modern equivalent of the military-industrial complex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me there is no left or right or even centre. It is what policy is best for the now and more importantly for the future. I dont support Trump but i recognise him for what he is, a representation of a failed political system. It saddens me that what obtains in America today is what some think is the epitome of politics, A system that feeds on its inhabitants like a cancerous growth and will not let go, even at the risk of its host dying. I mean is this the best system that humanity can come up with?. Take for instance the charade that goes on with replacing the just demised Supreme court judge. What kind of stupidity is allowing 1 branch of government, the presidency, fill up the population of another branch of government, the judiciary?. Why are the 3 not totally independent. Why cant the judiciary have its own independent council and nominate say 3 persons and have those 3 screened by a panel that includes not only the senate but members of an elite body of lawyers and civil representation. That panel will now make the final choice. The judiciary is supposed to be the most sacred and revered of the 3 branches but instead it has simply become a ball to be kicked about by the other 2.

Where are the eminent persons asking these salient questions?. Instead everybody just goes about as if this is the only way we can live. Seems we have truly reached a bottom trench in human development. Technology has made us all dumber and unquestioning in our existence. Society has lumped us with so many problems that we have no time to think on our humanity and what it means. We are born, we struggle to exist and then we die. Oh and argue about whether a tosser like Ozil is being hard done by or not.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 22-10-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What do you think people are saying would never happen here? People signing up for medical trials?
    Of course it would. Who and what are you arguing against here?
    Not for you. Go back to sleep.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    For me there is no left or right or even centre.
    shhh, you'll cause NQ to have a breakdown - where would he be without his commies, lefties and other cartoon-like non-existent enemies??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    leaving the EU is pure ideology - the ideology of nationalism, flags being more important than cooperation and finding common ground

Trump is also pure ideology - the ideology of right-wing 'freedom' which actually enslaves the vast majority in a system which is gamed against them by the nearest thing there is to the 'dark forces' you're always going on about, essentially the modern equivalent of the military-industrial complex
    If you were honest you'd speak openly about your own solutions, but you can't because history is a bitch. So you make it all about the nasty right wingers who are standing between you and the promised land.

The EU is a stepping stone to the next thing. A kumbaya world government with flowers and pixies and happy people walking in the sunlight. Every aspect of their lives catered by nanny state.

That's why the globalists, commies, lefties (call them what you will) don't like democracy. Because it gives other people the chance to say, no, I don't want that.

How dare they!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shhh, you'll cause NQ to have a breakdown - where would he be without his commies, lefties and other cartoon-like non-existent enemies??
    Says the TDS patient.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were honest you'd speak openly about your own solutions, but you can't because history is a bitch. So you make it all about the nasty right wingers who are standing between you and the promised land.

The EU is a stepping stone to the next thing. A kumbaya world government with flowers and pixies and happy people walking in the sunlight. Every aspect of their lives catered by nanny state.

That's why the globalists, commies, lefties (call them what you will) don't like democracy. Because it gives other people the chance to say, no, I don't want that.

How dare they!
    democracy is being regularly subverted by fake news merchants like you and whoever you work for, plus the mainly privately-owned media - turkeys are conned into voting for christmas on a regular basis, whether it's for Leave, for Trump, for Johnson, whatever

meeanwhile the unelected House of Lords is doing the right thing and trying to stop the worst excesses of this 'democratically' (on a minority of the overall vote don't forget) elected government

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    For me there is no left or right or even centre. It is what policy is best for the now and more importantly for the future. I dont support Trump but i recognise him for what he is, a representation of a failed political system. It saddens me that what obtains in America today is what some think is the epitome of politics, A system that feeds on its inhabitants like a cancerous growth and will not let go, even at the risk of its host dying. I mean is this the best system that humanity can come up with?. Take for instance the charade that goes on with replacing the just demised Supreme court judge. What kind of stupidity is allowing 1 branch of government, the presidency, fill up the population of another branch of government, the judiciary?. Why are the 3 not totally independent. Why cant the judiciary have its own independent council and nominate say 3 persons and have those 3 screened by a panel that includes not only the senate but members of an elite body of lawyers and civil representation. That panel will now make the final choice. The judiciary is supposed to be the most sacred and revered of the 3 branches but instead it has simply become a ball to be kicked about by the other 2.

Where are the eminent persons asking these salient questions?. Instead everybody just goes about as if this is the only way we can live. Seems we have truly reached a bottom trench in human development. Technology has made us all dumber and unquestioning in our existence. Society has lumped us with so many problems that we have no time to think on our humanity and what it means. We are born, we struggle to exist and then we die. Oh and argue about whether a tosser like Ozil is being hard done by or not.
    The bold bit is absolutely they key.

The human species runs right across a spectrum from saintliness to the most unimaginable evil. Technology has empowered one end of that spectrum in return for the complacency convenience (disguised as progress) brings. That, and the population exploded, went logarithmic due to basic advancements in medicine and personal hygiene (not the bullshit miracle cures). Those who were hired to be coordinators now leverage technology to be controllers. It's justified because how else can you "manage" so many people? And that's the ground where right, centre and left lives. Control, not service. That's why the statue books are stacked a mile high, while the common law can be written on a few pages.

This is the first time in recorded human history where it may be possible for the few to actually control the many, even when the many resist. More dangerous than nuclear weapons. At least with nukes you end up dead. You're alive and awake in this new technological dystopia.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    democracy is being regularly subverted by fake news merchants like you and whoever you work for, plus the mainly privately-owned media - turkeys are conned into voting for christmas on a regular basis, whether it's for Leave, for Trump, for Johnson, whatever

meeanwhile the unelected House of Lords is doing the right thing and trying to stop the worst excesses of this 'democratically' (on a minority of the overall vote don't forget) elected government
    I don't vote and I keep asking you to show example of the fake news you claim I'm delivering, on behalf of some shadowy agency no less. You are happy to throw out such claims, but shy when it comes to the details.

Listen to yourself. Some dark actor has hired me to come here, to GW, to subvert your pure minds. And when my army of 20 is suitably brainwashed, we're going to conquer the world.

Is that how it works?

And I'm the conspiracy theorist?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't vote