Page 374 of 707 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Used to watch them back in the day although, looking back, they weren’t really that funny.
    Just need one more celebrity death now for a quiz I’m running in a few weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Used to watch them back in the day although, looking back, they weren’t really that funny.
    Just need one more celebrity death now for a quiz I’m running in a few weeks
    Trump
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So you think people are just going to behave themselves at Christmas and not see anyone because Boris tells them to? Having spent much of the year noting how you’ve seen people going about their business. Several times you said “lockdown is over” right at the height of the restrictions.

I do wonder how you manage to keep all the contradictory thoughts in your head at the same time
    Sigh. Authoritarian regimes traditionally bracket opposition as a mental condition. It's another point checked off the list, and if you read a history book you'd be able to observe as each data point gets added to the new normal.

It's not contradictory thoughts. It's about being able to keep more than one thought in your head at a time, and having a memory so everything can be related. I'm just different to you.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm just different to you.
    No argument there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about a total debunking
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst I do think a lot of all this is bullshit, you can’t just take the number of deaths and multiply that by the average mortality and infer that’s how many people have been infected, can you?
    I don’t think that’s valid because the mortality rate varies a lot with age. At the height of this the schools, Unis and work places were closed - places where young people mix. But you can’t close a care home so any infection in one is going to spread. It was mostly old ill people dying where the mortality rate is quite high, so that calculation is pretty simplistic.
    The number of cases now is (allegedly) higher than at the first peak but there aren’t piles of bodies in the streets. Schools and unis are back open now, more young people are getting it but they’re not dying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

sorry but right or wrong, someone like Vallance isn't going to sue someone like Yeadon, it would be a total distraction from his work and just give that guy more oxygen - there's nothing wierd about that

so the fact that he hasn't sued is no indication of whether he thinks that guy is right or not

as for the rest i've given up trying to work out what's going on but i agree with Lettetrs people aren't buying this because it's not causing serious death rates despite cases going up

but it would help if these people tried to look presentable, put on a decent shirt, sorted their hair out and brushed their teeth, he looks like some kind of wierdo who never leaves the house - even outside of lockdown (i mean that guy on the video, not Letters )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

I see a new Wakefield in the making. If Yeadon's audience exceeds the threshold he'll have the whole weight of the rotten establishment fall on him. The "everyone knows" people will then use his name as the definitive response to all dissent. That's how it works, unfortunately.

Brave man though.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One to get NQ’s spidey sense tingling

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54748184