User Tag List

Page 38 of 707 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yeah, the banks don't get their interest. They have to fuck around with property auctions and evictions and all that bother which costs them money instead of it falling magically out of thin air. That's why mortgage payers always get bailed first, to protect the banks.
    i was thinking it was to prevent homelessness although i concede that would be in conflict with the rest of this government's policy, so far they've done brilliantly at increasing the amount of people on the streets...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i was thinking it was to prevent homelessness although i concede that would be in conflict with the rest of this government's policy, so far they've done brilliantly at increasing the amount of people on the streets...
    Nah. If they don't care about homelessness in the good times then it's a stretch to imagine they give a fuck when the shit hits the fan. Interest is the most magical money of all. Or usury to give it its proper name. Currency is debt and they only produce enough of it to cover the face value liability. So there's never enough currency (not money) in the system to cover liability PLUS the interest. The interest is literally created out of thin air and is exchanged for tangible assets, such as labour (ideally - think slavery) or repossessions if the former is scarce. It's the biggest con game ever played on humanity. And also one of the most lucrative.

Banks don't like repossessions because their profits from making a family homeless and then selling into a depressed market are never as great as hooking a working man for 25 years of his labour. The government likes it too because people who are on the hook are so much better behaved and docile.

That's why UBI is the ultimate nightmare slinking over our horizon. Paid to do nothing? Who's paying? Who's dependent? What are the true costs? Check out China and their social credit score for full details. UBI is the new mortgage, except this time it's not bricks it's your entire existence. And people will beg for this. Just like they think they own their homes when all they own is debt and the legal entitlement and right to enforcement rests with the banksters.

Oh God, I'm off on one again, but you get my drift.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I'm going to virtue signal. But not in the same way as a cuntish virtue signaller.

Today I did not join a protest for more transgender toilets in my town. I didn't wave a placard or attempt to get somebody's YouTube account shut down because I disagree with their politics. I didn't sympathise with women about how hard they have it in what has pretty much become a matriarchy. I didn't save the planet by lobbying Starbucks for paper straws. I didn't go on a yacht cruise to raise awareness about fairy tales (and then fly home on a jet). I didn't wear funny laces in my shoes to sympathise with a minority who have every right to be a minority and are being oppressed by precisely nobody. I didn't smash up a lab that's using animals to develop a vaccine for the Coronavirus (think that's not happening, think the bunnies are okay? Think again). I didn't kick in a donation to some foundation that sterilises African and South American women against their will for the "good of the planet". I didn't publish a fake science paper predicting doom in 2012 if we don't change our ways by 2030. I didn't lobby the supermarket where the staff are turning up every day to serve the public in a time of crisis and yet, AND YET, there were ZERO Asians on the roster! I didn't throw myself in front of emergency vehicles wearing an ORANGE MAN BAD mask and fake blood to highlight the plight of polar bears that David Attenborough says are dying, yet real scientists prove are thriving. I didn't do a lot or irrelevant things.

Instead, I went shopping for my neighbours who can't get out. A tiny, little thing. Of almost no consequence except to a very few. And if I catch this shitty thing myself, they'll do the same for me. Community. People helping each other on our own street. Trusting the next street to be doing the same (which they are). Not a sign of government. Nobody cares who is transgender or what people do for a living or what their politics are. It doesn't even come up. It's people helping people. In the simplest, smallest way that doesn't even demand a sacrifice.

I have a feeling, when this is done, many, many people will have a newfound ability to distinguish reality from bullshit. And that will be a major triumph in the face of adversity. People are dying. They die all the time and we don't care. 2.9million people have died from infectious disease, globally, since 1 Jan. Under 40,000 are related to Coronavirus. What about the other 2.8999999999 million? We're being reminded now that every life has value. I hope it sticks in our minds when the immediate threat passes. Plenty more to do after this. And governments have magically come up with the cash to save our own arses, and corporations have found a way to do good instead of harm, and people are helping people. Well, what about the other 2.89999999999 million?

You can view this as a Coke ad and take the piss, or as something to actually think about. I don't feel virtuous today, I feel like I might be getting some of my humanity back. And I admit it was missing. And shame on me. I get the sense that people around me are experiencing the same. Can it last? I don't know. I hope it does. I hope we find perspective and get the politics out of our daily interactions and switch off the media and put down the mobile phones and return to what is REAL. Just being a human being. In a world of human beings just like us.

I'll regret this post I suppose. But it's what I feel at the moment.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up reading, watching or listening to the news some years ago.

you still find out what you need to, it shows you can't actually escape from it - but you can massively decrease the amount of shit you're subjecting yourself to

i genuinely don't understand why millions of people want to sit there and listen to cunts like raab and johnson talking fucking shit - people learn nothing from it except how to talk meaningless bollocks

just put away the paper, switch off the sound when the news comes on and black out all the bullshit from politicians and so-called broadcast journos who long ago forgot what the truth is about

it's the only way i've stayed sane in these post-truth years

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not surprised that the deaths are sadly back in keeping with the general increase recently.

393 today but it was 180 yesterday, morbid but holding roughly steady for now.

More cases though, I think 3,000 more.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I gave up reading, watching or listening to the news some years ago.

you still find out what you need to, it shows you can't actually escape from it - but you can massively decrease the amount of shit you're subjecting yourself to

i genuinely don't understand why millions of people want to sit there and listen to cunts like raab and johnson talking fucking shit - people learn nothing from it except how to talk meaningless bollocks

just put away the paper, switch off the sound when the news comes on and black out all the bullshit from politicians and so-called broadcast journos who long ago forgot what the truth is about

it's the only way i've stayed sane in these post-truth years
    Yeah we might think there's a Liverpool biased conspiracy or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to change my Sky subscription but I can't see how to online - I can see how to do bits of it but I have questions that I'd really want to ask someone about.
    But they're telling people not to call right now, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

...might just call them anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I want to change my Sky subscription but I can't see how to online - I can see how to do bits of it but I have questions that I'd really want to ask someone about.
    But they're telling people not to call right now, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Do they have a live chat thingamy?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All but 6 in my company were furloughed today. Weird times.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Yeah it’s annoying as i needed to cancel following moving out (I couldn’t move my account as you cant have two sky accounts in the same house) and yet they dont give you an option online.

You ring up and they say this isn’t a priority. Just another excuse to keep on taking £100 out of my account ! Luckily I just kept calling and they eventually processed it.