Page 390 of 707 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Money is a myth. Independent countries can borrow as much as they like from their own treasuries and leave the grandkids to sort out the mess. Hence why the UK never joined the Euro
    Fuck! I didn't realise there was anyone else out there who understands how money works.

Even then, I think you may be confusing money with currency. Independent nations can issue currency, they can't issue money because money has to have a tangible value in terms of exchange, as well as other, specific characteristics. But yes, the only thing standing between what Jeremy Corbyn spoke about (before running away in fright when undoubtedly somebody from the Bank had a quick word) and independence from debt slavery is the central bank. For a tiny, split second, I was a Corbyn fan. Predictably, that didn't last long.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the money the government is budgeting isnt even currency but promissory notes. Has anyone stopped to ask where all the money not being spent by the public during this pandemic has disappeared to. The only time a government gets broke is when more cash leaves its shores than comes in. If UK was an isolated island and the only one on the planet. It would never go broke. Not possible
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the money the government is budgeting isnt even currency but promissory notes. Has anyone stopped to ask where all the money not being spent by the public during this pandemic has disappeared to. The only time a government gets broke is when more cash leaves its shores than comes in. If UK was an isolated island and the only one on the planet. It would never go broke. Not possible
    I don't think an analysis of the costs of the lockdown would be useful. So let's not have one. And it's a bit callous to focus on shit like that when 4,000 people a day are dying.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if you will that one of us was stranded on an uninhabited island with £100 in your pocket. 10 years later you were rescued. How much money would you have? (using the cash as fuel or cigars doesnt count)

Now imagine that you were stranded with 10 other people on the same island, all of whom also had £100. I bet you that 5 years later a few of you would be dead broke and some smart ass would have at least £700.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if you will that one of us was stranded on an uninhabited island with £100 in your pocket. 10 years later you were rescued. How much money would you have? (using the cash as fuel or cigars doesnt count)

Now imagine that you were stranded with 10 other people on the same island, all of whom also had £100. I bet you that 5 years later a few of you would be dead broke and some smart ass would have at least £700.
    £200 of which he'd have used to invent a printing press so he could make loans to those he'd robbed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the theft being admitted on live TV.

Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is being stolen from and by who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Who is being stolen from and by who?
    The bank is creating "money" out of thin air and using it to buy up assets. The "money" is then handed out to people who have lost those assets.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they doing quantitive easing? I never really understand how that works. I mean, they literally just print more money, right?
    But doesn't that just make inflation go up? Although from what the dude was saying they want it to go up a bit.
    TL;DR, I don't really understand economics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    TL;DR

cheers for the acronym, will come in handy when replying to NQ in future