User Tag List

Page 416 of 707 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The radical protestors are missing a trick here. No rioting, no looting. Hardly a protest at all. Maybe if they smashed up some shops the cops would bow to them and fuck off?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky News main stories as Europe hits the streets:

COVID curbs likely until Easter as Gove launches fightback against Tory rebels
    Sharp rise in road rage crimes with victims stabbed, punched, bitten and spat at
    Saturday's national newspaper front pages
    Israeli embassies on high alert as Iran blames it for nuclear scientist's killing and vows revenge
    Backstage With… youngest-ever Bake Off winner Peter Sawkins
    'I'm coming at him' - Tyson squares up to Jones Jr ahead of no-knockout bout
    Thirty years after her Downing Street exit, Thatcher's legacy lives on
    GB skeleton star's early retirement prompted by 'ignored' brain injuries
    The harbour town completely untouched by COVID finds itself in Tier 2
    Lockdown has triggered 'massive shift' in fitness attitudes - Joe Wicks

And on the BBC:

Covid: Hospitals could be overwhelmed without new tiers, says Gove
    Covid: Zahawi appointed as vaccine rollout minister
    Arcadia: Buyers to 'pick over carcass' of Topshop owner, says former boss
    BA 'sorry' for tweet supporting England over Wales
    Carrie Lam: Hong Kong's leader says she has to keep piles of cash at home
    The Donut King who went full circle - from rags to riches, twice
    Covid: What are the quarantine rules when arriving in the UK?
    Covid: Has England's lockdown worked?
    Coronavirus: Should I start taking vitamin D?
    Covid: What is mass testing and how does it work?
    Covid risk: 3 people, 3 very different Covid risks. What's yours?

All the news, all the time. Stay informed, people!

No wonder.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good tactic to split the groups. Coppers aren't the brightest tools in the box so thinking on their feet won't be an option for them. So they rush here, they rush there, they rush everywhere. Keeping the people safe, of course.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've been watching that youtube feed for the last 20 mins - definitely a real mix of people, i've seen people that are hippyish looking, probably towards the anarchist end of things, the crowd is definitely not far-right though i'm sure some of them are libertarain numbskulls

did you watch the bit in St James park when the police turned up and blocked off some of the pathways - no explanation to the crowd of what they were doing or why as far as i could see, it certainly doesn't help

there's a guy that was just arrested and neither of the two police officers restraining him were wearing their masks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the guy doing the video has now got himself stuck down a sidestreet and lost the whole crowd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's face it, while it is a bit of a mix of people, I'm sure a lot of these people belong to the same ignorant mob that voted for Johnson and his Leave mates - now protesting against the same people they voted for

plus you might disagree with lockdown etc but wearing a mask does make a difference, so they are wantonly adding to spreading the virus if nothing else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    let's face it, while it is a bit of a mix of people, I'm sure a lot of these people belong to the same ignorant mob that voted for Johnson and his Leave mates - now protesting against the same people they voted for

plus you might disagree with lockdown etc but wearing a mask does make a difference, so they are wantonly adding to spreading the virus if nothing else
    I'm not clear on why you are sure about what you claim, but even if true, what would be strange about people supporting what they agree with and protesting that which they don't? This is the broken political mindset, where one a side has been taken it must be defended without question.

Wearing the types of mask most people are wearing doesn't make any difference at all, as just confirmed by yet another study from Denmark.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've been watching that youtube feed for the last 20 mins - definitely a real mix of people, i've seen people that are hippyish looking, probably towards the anarchist end of things, the crowd is definitely not far-right though i'm sure some of them are libertarain numbskulls

did you watch the bit in St James park when the police turned up and blocked off some of the pathways - no explanation to the crowd of what they were doing or why as far as i could see, it certainly doesn't help

there's a guy that was just arrested and neither of the two police officers restraining him were wearing their masks
    The cops are breaking the law, they are denying right of access through public property or routes that have public right of way, they are assaulting people, they are harassing people. I'm hoping a team of lawyers out there can start documenting these instances so the mindless, thuggish order followers can be dragged into a court. Unless plod can clearly state they are following up on a suspicion of, or evidence of, criminal activity or activity that disturbs the peace, they are powerless. You don't have to give them your details and they aren't allowed to detain you or even touch you. This is why the state banned public assembly, not because of a virus but because they want to assign themselves and their agents superior rights to break their own laws. But it wouldn't stand up in a court. The scumbags are going to have to give back all the money they have stolen and compensate all those they have unlawfully kidnapped and caged.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Wearing the types of mask most people are wearing doesn't make any difference at all, as just confirmed by yet another study from Denmark.
    https://fullfact.org/health/danish-m...ing-spectator/

"The Danish study’s authors make it clear that their study did not look at this question, saying: “The findings,[...] should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control of SARS-CoV-2 infection”"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://fullfact.org/health/danish-m...ing-spectator/

"The Danish study’s authors make it clear that their study did not look at this question, saying: “The findings,[...] should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control of SARS-CoV-2 infection”"
    Why don't you post their study instead of a "fact" check that's financed by the very media that is lying about this pandemic.

https://fullfact.org/about/funding/

Here's the contradictory "fact" checking verdict:

A Danish study found the Covid-19 infection rate was lower among mask-wearers than non-mask wearers but not significantly so. However this is not proof that masks don’t have a significant effect, as the study didn’t look at whether mask-wearing protects others by stopping wearers from exhaling the virus.

Significance has a specific definition in scientific language.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

And to support the lack of significance in any study conducted on this issue, which is accepted by the WHO, we have Sweden, the ultimate control group.
    Für eure Sicherheit