User Tag List

Page 417 of 707 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brilliant, so your argument is that any attempt by facebook and google to check facts is actually all about them manipulating them - that's the type of circular argument that suits conspiracy theorists very well: they can't be trusted therefore anything they do is untrustworthy

so you've been exposed many times by people like Letters - so does that mean we shouldn't trust anything you say?

talking of which how about going back to yuor own claim that the study said that: "Wearing the types of mask most people are wearing doesn't make any difference at all"

even the bits you yourself have quoted contradicts what you are wanting it to say: "However this is not proof that masks don’t have a significant effect, as the study didn’t look at whether mask-wearing protects others by stopping wearers from exhaling the virus."

in other words they are saying that masks could still be effective because the study didn't look at whether masks protect others, which is not what you are claiming it says

i belive this is called 'fake news'...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    A Danish study found the Covid-19 infection rate was lower among mask-wearers than non-mask wearers but not significantly so.
    I’m not clear what relevance that is.
    The claim about masks is not that they stop you getting infected, but that if you are infected they stop you spreading it, because they trap the droplets which you may cough or sneeze out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’m not clear what relevance that is.
    The claim about masks is not that they stop you getting infected, but that if you are infected they stop you spreading it, because they trap the droplets which you may cough or sneeze out.
    I mean... isn't this incredibly obvious?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I mean... isn't this incredibly obvious?
    yes, unless you're NQ, in which case it's an attmept by the dark forces to enslave us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    brilliant, so your argument is that any attempt by facebook and google to check facts is actually all about them manipulating them - that's the type of circular argument that suits conspiracy theorists very well: they can't be trusted therefore anything they do is untrustworthy

so you've been exposed many times by people like Letters - so does that mean we shouldn't trust anything you say?

talking of which how about going back to yuor own claim that the study said that: "Wearing the types of mask most people are wearing doesn't make any difference at all"

even the bits you yourself have quoted contradicts what you are wanting it to say: "However this is not proof that masks don’t have a significant effect, as the study didn’t look at whether mask-wearing protects others by stopping wearers from exhaling the virus."

in other words they are saying that masks could still be effective because the study didn't look at whether masks protect others, which is not what you are claiming it says

i belive this is called 'fake news'...
    No, read it again. Don't remove the context and then pretend to be in pursuit of the facts.

"Wearing the types of mask most people are wearing doesn't make any difference at all"

Yes, I absolutely state that Facebook and Google overtly manipulate information to promote one side of the political and scientific argument. Anyone who doesn't accept such a self-evident reality at this late stage of the game isn't after facts in the first place. It's because the mainstream and social media is so biased and misleading that the pandemic fraud could be sold to the public.

And plainly the part of the verdict you think is of relevance is not at all, because a control group of non-mask wearers were studied and, it's safe to assume, they exhaled on a frequent basis.

The aim of this latest study was:

To assess whether recommending surgical mask use outside the home reduces wearers' risk for SARS-CoV-2 infection in a setting where masks were uncommon and not among recommended public health measures.
    The findings were statistically insignificant.

The "fact" checkers then pipe up with, ah yes but... Does their "fact" check now add significance to the findings? No, because they don't proceed beyond speculation. If they want to commission a study that tests their own assumptions then let them do it. But, in the meantime, they should refrain from speaking about "facts" when they don't have any.

Of course if you really want to pick holes in published statements you could go and examine Fauci's and the WHO's own directives which happen to be, no don't wear masks because they have no effect, and, yes do wear masks because they have an effect.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mind you this is all based on fake tests anyway, and while these fake tests remain part of any analysis I'd concede no studies of any kind are conclusive. But these fake tests might well be on the way out, one way or another.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The findings were statistically insignificant.
    Right. But they were testing something I don't understand the relevance of.
    Surgeons don't wear masks so they don't get ill from the patient, they wear masks to stop the patient getting ill.
    You can get into debates about the masks most people are wearing, whether they're wearing them right or whether they're reusing them or whatever.
    But I've heard this before "Aha! All these people were wearing masks and they got ill anyway!"
    The claim about masks was never that they stop you getting infected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @NQ

OK,you've quoted Nature before as a reliable source, so how about this:

"To be clear, the science supports using masks, with recent studies suggesting that they could save lives in different ways: research shows that they cut down the chances of both transmitting and catching the coronavirus, and some studies hint that masks might reduce the severity of infection if people do contract the disease."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    @NQ

OK,you've quoted Nature before as a reliable source, so how about this:

"To be clear, the science supports using masks, with recent studies suggesting that they could save lives in different ways: research shows that they cut down the chances of both transmitting and catching the coronavirus, and some studies hint that masks might reduce the severity of infection if people do contract the disease."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8
    Post up the papers, like I do. I want to see what a scientific "hint" looks like.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These protests started as a couple of hundred people marching quietly through the park. Today there have been several groups of several thousands, from what I could see. Maybe 5-8K in total as a guess? Still a fraction of the numbers turning out in Europe, but it's growing.

Big protests in France now.

Maybe we'll get a united Europe after all, but this time for the people rather than the corporations.
    Für eure Sicherheit