User Tag List

Page 430 of 707 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BBC is referring to the new strain of covid as the "Spanish strain".

"Black Death Bubonic Apocalypse strain" was considered to be too much of a mouthful.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tier 3 is bullshit.
    Even if you think Covid is a massive risk - which for most people it is not - all Tier 3 does is give another kick in the balls to cafes, pubs and restaurants.
    Football is still on for Thursday - apparently playing sport is unaffected.
    Our church can still meet.
    I'm planning a trip to the office on Thursday and haven't heard that is affected.
    "Essential" shops are still open - which last time included garden centres, apparently

But go and sit in a cafe with your family to have a meal - YOU'LL MURDER US ALL YOU RECKLESS BASTARDS!

Twats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it blame the Spanish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Tier 3 is bullshit.
    Even if you think Covid is a massive risk - which for most people it is not - all Tier 3 does is give another kick in the balls to cafes, pubs and restaurants.
    I'm planning a trip to the office on Thursday and haven't heard that is affected.
    "Essential" shops are still open - which last time included garden centres, apparently

But go and sit in a cafe with your family to have a meal - YOU'LL MURDER US ALL YOU RECKLESS BASTARDS!

Twats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Christmas trade destroyed for much of the country it will be the last straw for many small to medium business and they won't be coming back. And it looks like the British pub has been killed off with many closing down or, worse, becoming glorified restaurants.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dutch have finally succumbed to all those drugs and have decided to obliterate their economy by locking down for 5 weeks.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Tier 3 is bullshit.

Twats.
    All the shops and restaurants that close can be turned in to mosques or or manditory "vaccination" centres.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    With Christmas trade destroyed for much of the country it will be the last straw for many small to medium business and they won't be coming back. And it looks like the British pub has been killed off with many closing down or, worse, becoming glorified restaurants.
    Right. And some of that was happening anyway. Pubs, like football, have become family places now. You can think that's a bad thing but it was happening anyway. The high street was dying anyway. Sure, Covid might have twisted the knife but it's only accelerated what was happening anyway.

But this all feels so crass, so unnecessary it does give one pause. You have to wonder what the hell they're doing.
    In your world, it's malice. I honestly can't think of any possible reason they'd do that.
    And the fact that the restrictions vary by area depending on the data leads me to believe they think they're doing what they think is the right thing.

We were going to talk our boy to a Santa's Grotto at a local pub on Friday. I noticed yesterday they had some availability today so I called them and asked if I could change, figuring they'd have to close. The bloke I spoke to said I could rebook and they'd give me the money back for Friday. He sounded pretty defeated. I'm thinking I might just let them keep the money for Friday, it's only £11 and I want to support them as that pub has some really good ideas, they deserve to succeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dad got chosen for the game against Southampton.

I booked train tickets down to go with him.

News came out the next day
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Dad got chosen for the game against Southampton.

I booked train tickets down to go with him.

News came out the next day
    Daddy ™

But wait...aren't you in Tier 3 anyway? I didn't think you were allowed to travel to Tier 2 to take advantage of our glorious freedoms?