User Tag List

Page 47 of 707 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147547 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I even saw Corbyn claiming something similar.
    But there will be consequences of this level of spending. A mate I spoke to a couple of weeks ago who is in the finance area opined it would be bigger than the 2008 crash.
    As someone else said, if it takes a global pandemic for you to be right, perhaps you aren’t right after all!

I think though this will be an easier crash to deal with politically because its no ones fault (except China before NQ jumps in) whereas in2008 it was clearly the bankers at fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Shut the fuck up, tory wanker.

Tories have been fucking the NHS for years.
    Yet its still here and not been sold off to donal trump or whoever else the left claim its being sold too

I think the whole thing needs tearing down and starting again. It’s too much of a political football on all sides that essential reforms never get done because they are too politically unpopular for whoever says they will do them.

That’s not to say healthcare shouldnt be free before you shout at me, it should. But the NHS needs massive reform which wont happen while its such a political football. Start it again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I think though this will be an easier crash to deal with politically because its no ones fault (except China before NQ jumps in) whereas in2008 it was clearly the bankers at fault.
    Does it matter whose fault it is? I mean, it's nice to have someone to point fingers and boo and hiss at, but surely what matters is the fall out.
    How many people will lose their jobs/houses etc.
    And what will be the impact of all this government borrowing? I never really understand how that works, where all that money comes from. But there has to be some consequence to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it matter whose fault it is? I mean, it's nice to have someone to point fingers and boo and hiss at, but surely what matters is the fall out.
    And what will be the impact of all this government borrowing? I never really understand how that works, where all that money comes from. But there has to be some consequence to that.
    Sorry i meant that that when the bankers caused the crash and it led to the poor suffering, it was easy for people to say why aren’t the bankers paying they are ones that caused this.

In this case, its much easier for the government to argue we are in this together and get people to buy into that.

We will be paying this off fo years given teh amount borrowed. Taxes will go up pretty quickly i imagine

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    If they were really the decision makers there's not a chance this would happen. At least it's an open parliament I guess. Might jump onto the next one and ask them a few questions.
    They were all probably getting pissed up, certainly Liz Truss would be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120578

Politicians accusing football clubs of living in a "moral vacuum"
    I mean, they're right but talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife just delivered some fresh out of the oven sausage rolls to my makeshift office. Brownies coming later.

I suppose that’s one perk of being at home.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sausage Rolls.

Apparently I still get Easter Holidays at another time in the year with being furloughed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's absolutely critical whose fault this is. One way or the other.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to believe but Sky News is STILL pushing the death of the 21 year old girl as being related to COVID19. I think these sick in the head bastards might even think they are doing a public service with their non-stop lies.
    Für eure Sicherheit