Page 470 of 707 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    If you want to know when you can expect a vaccine: https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

I check it every day, and every day it gets closer, and I'm basically last in the queue.

Looks like there's a real possibility of getting our lives back before summer.
    Don't be fooled into thinking taking the vaccine means we can also go back to living our lives normally, E.G Pre-Covid.

There is little information in regards to the vaccine, aside from it states that you can still technically pass on Corona if you have been vaccinated, they do not know how long the vaccine protects you from Corona, there is no information relating to side affects due to the fact that the vaccine has been produced and trialed very quickly.

There is no definitive information regarding whether the vaccine protects you from these new strains of Corona (South African and Brazilian one) that have developed.

I am not being negative and am neither for or against the vaccine, but I personally don't have enough information yet to feel comfortable taking it and I certainly don't believe it's as straightforward as we are all vaccinated life goes back to normal.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...SAAEgJGbvD_BwE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I personally think this year is going to be a write-off. Don't think Boris and his merry band of errr.....staff will be making the same mistake again this year.

The economy is shot to pieces anyway, add Brexit on top and alas here we are.
    I think this year will be a write off to a certain degree. I hope by the summer we are back to some normality internally as a country where can visit friends/family, restaurants are open & some internal tourism but suspect rule of 6 or maybe some similar number will still apply.

No way there will be any international travel both business & tourism this year judging by the articles in the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I think this year will be a write off to a certain degree. I hope by the summer we are back to some normality internally as a country where can visit friends/family, restaurants are open & some internal tourism but suspect rule of 6 or maybe some similar number will still apply.

No way there will be any international travel both business & tourism this year judging by the articles in the media.
    Aye, yeah I should have stated a write-off to a certain degree. I think there will be an element of normality in the summer but I think that will be governed by far stricter rules than last time I.E. no groups of more than 6 like you said, card only payments everywhere, proof of vaccination in certain establishments? I dunno...I guess I should brace myself but I certainly found going to a pub really testing last year when they opened back up....scanning your phone here there and everywhere was a stretch too much for me. But that's just me, we all have choices so you either follow the guidelines or do an alternative such as having a drink at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, yeah I should have stated a write-off to a certain degree. I think there will be an element of normality in the summer but I think that will be governed by far stricter rules than last time I.E. no groups of more than 6 like you said, card only payments everywhere, proof of vaccination in certain establishments? I dunno...I guess I should brace myself but I certainly found going to a pub really testing last year when they opened back up....scanning your phone here there and everywhere was a stretch too much for me. But that's just me, we all have choices so you either follow the guidelines or do an alternative such as having a drink at home.
    I think proof of vaccination will be tricky, certainly for most of this year because those who are likely to be going out places are going to be younger people who are back of the queue (rightly).

The over 80s etc are not going to be straight down pubs etc so if a vaccination passport came in, it could create a two tier system where the young cant do anything & the older generation can. It will create much more issues so i cant see it happening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think proof of vaccination will be tricky, certainly for most of this year because those who are likely to be going out places are going to be younger people who are back of the queue (rightly).

The over 80s etc are not going to be straight down pubs etc so if a vaccination passport came in, it could create a two tier system where the young cant do anything & the older generation can. It will create much more issues so i cant see it happening
    Aye, proof will be tricky, but can you honestly see pubs just re-opening and allowing all and sundry back in without being vaccinated or protected as the government like to say?

I appreciate that the infection and death rates will fall further into the year but I don't see the government making quick and rash decisions ala last year to ease the economy. If anything, they really do need to get it right this year because this stop / start causes just as much damage to the economy and businesses anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, proof will be tricky, but can you honestly see pubs just re-opening and allowing all and sundry back in without being vaccinated or protected as the government like to say?

I appreciate that the infection and death rates will fall further into the year but I don't see the government making quick and rash decisions ala last year to ease the economy. If anything, they really do need to get it right this year because this stop / start causes just as much damage to the economy and businesses anyway.
    I think it’s probably reasonably safe to assume that pubs or restaurants having been closed for months will be desperate to welcome anyone in to start getting money in the till

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it’s probably reasonably safe to assume that pubs or restaurants having been closed for months will be desperate to welcome anyone in to start getting money in the till
    The pubs and restaurants might but will the government?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the occasions I visited restaurants or pubs last year we weren't asked to scan anything. There was the QR code there for people to do so, but it was never mandated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    On the occasions I visited restaurants or pubs last year we weren't asked to scan anything. There was the QR code there for people to do so, but it was never mandated
    Didn’t it become mandatory to give track & trace details either via paper form or QR codes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about it, I think some of them might have taken our address when we booked. I delegated that to the missus