Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Coronavirus Scam?!

This virus isn't real he said because it hasn't affected me or anybody I know
    I think he previously said that the virus is real but the pandemic is not. I'm yet to understand what he means by this.
    I've shown the data which shows that hospitalisations and deaths are quite well above the average.
    He said the tests don't work but I've shown the data which demonstrates a clear correlation between cases, hospitalisations and deaths.
    He seems to think the restrictions are part of a move towards an authoritarian government but hasn't explained why the response to the pandemic has changed as the data has. He also predicted curfews, check points, army on the streets.
    In brief, I don't understand what his position about all this is any more or what the basis for it is. He said he changed his mind after the early days because of the data. My opinions have changed a few times - before Christmas numbers started to go down and I sneered at people predicting a big second wave but the data makes it pretty clear what has happened. I wonder what data he's looking at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Coronavirus Scam?!

This virus isn't real he said because it hasn't affected me or anybody I know
    I actually pointed out how dishonest that form of "debate" is, several times and not too long ago. Now here it is again. Reprehensible, but fairly typical behaviour these days though.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the actual news is the riots all across Europe and the fightback against the covid scam. Jan 31st is the Great Reopening, which will probably be a non-event in this country, but will be actively played out in less pussy-whipped nations. There's also the spectacular success of a "bunch of blokes on the internet" who just took down a Wall Street fund and forced the criminals in Wall Street and Washington to show the reality of things. Unvarnished.

So I plugged into the BBC to get up to speed. LOL.

Guess what. 100,000 people have died "from" covid. But all other diseases have been eradicated. It's a hard one, right? I mean it's great that there's only one disease left in the world. But it does seem to be quite lethal, given the 99.85% survival rate.

Queue the moron with his, "You think covid doesn't exist", punchline.

Once again. The tests, according to the inventor and now even the WHO, are fake. Based on this fakery you get a "case" count, with "cases" being a new definition where you don't even need to be sick. Based on "cases" you get hospitalisations, all for covid fo course because all other diseases are gone. Based on hospitalisation you get cashdeaths "with" covid. Based on deaths "with" covid, as defined by the new rules related to death certificates, you get the 100,000 headline which Boris was ACTING out. Based on the "deaths" you get your lockdown and your vaccine.

I mean I'm sure you've figured this out for yourself by now, but just saying.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wallstreetbets
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Tbf I don't think that was a big factor. Schools is the big one - they're like petri dishes and while the kids won't get ill they will spread it into the general population. Even in Tier 3 schools were open, all the shops were open, facilities like outdoor football pitches were open. All they did was shut pubs and restaurants but far too late to have any meaningful effect. Well, it did have an effect - restaurants who had stocked up on supplies for the Christmas trade got another kick in the bollocks by being shut down again. How are you supposed to run a business when you can be shut down with a day's notice?
    Then they told most of the country they could mix at Christmas.
    Then they opened the schools for one day, insisting they were safe, before shutting them
    Teachers have been thrown under the bus, gearing up for testing in schools and for the new term before having to scramble around setting up remote teaching again. And they've already cancelled all the exams anyway so you can understand kids who have struggled with remote learning anyway now having no motivation to do anything. And parents have been thrown under the bus because now they're having to help their kids with remote learning, many while trying to work full time too. Lucky for us the boy is only nursery age - although they are doing some remote stuff with him, I'm quite impressed - and MrsL is a "kept woman" anyway, so it hasn't really affected us too much.

All in all the government have consistently been reactive, not proactive. It's been a complete shit show
    The impact of EO2HO went far beyond the transmission of the virus in pubs and restaurants. It altered the entire mindset of the country.

The virus became something to worry less about. We were beating it. We were on our way back. So more people let their guard down.

It went way beyond a scheme to help restaurants. It was a prime cause if not the prime reason people changed their behaviour, let their guard down and became less careful.

Future history books will cite this as one of the worst public policy decisions in the history of this country.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Once again. The tests, according to the inventor and now even the WHO, are fake.
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...vid-19---tests

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    The impact of EO2HO went far beyond the transmission of the virus in pubs and restaurants. It altered the entire mindset of the country.

The virus became something to worry less about. We were beating it. We were on our way back. So more people let their guard down.

It went way beyond a scheme to help restaurants. It was a prime cause if not the prime reason people changed their behaviour, let their guard down and became less careful.

Future history books will cite this as one of the worst public policy decisions in the history of this country.
    Interesting. Have to say at the time it seemed like a good policy - give businesses a boost.
    But you may be right in that it changed people's attitudes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Interesting. Have to say at the time it seemed like a good policy - give businesses a boost.
    But you may be right in that it changed people's attitudes.
    I think this is a tricky one. At the time, cases & deaths were down. From memory, deaths were in teh single figures most days in August.

The policy itself was quite a bold & imaginative one and at the time, there was a clamour to get back to some kind of normal life. Not just here but in the rest of Europe where they encouraged tourism etc. I dont think any European country effectively kept a lockdown or reduced restaurants opening hours etc over the summer yet they have all been hit hard by teh second wave.

I dont think the British variant is the entire cause of the European second wave but maybe it will prove to be the case. My point here is that all countries have been hit hard in Europe yet only we had EO2HO i think. While it has led to an increase in cases, what would happened without that policy? People were going around each other’s houses anyway and mixing indoors yet restaurants/pubs were at least able to encourage a bit more social distancing.