Page 486 of 707 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486487488496536586 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,860 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He'll probably get it, because it's a contagious virus like all the others that have been around for a million years. But he won't die from it, unless he's over 80 years of age with 2.4 co-morbidities. Not unless they somehow get a tube down his throat, in which case all bets are off and a nice five figure earner.
    Who said anything about it needing to be from the virus?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Who said anything about it needing to be from the virus?
    Oh, okay. Fair enough.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget to re-enter the country illegally if you are on your hollybops. If you enter legally it will cost you £1,700 in quarantine bills. But if you enter illegally you don't have to pay. My money saving tip for this week.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget to re-enter the country illegally if you are on your hollybops. If you enter legally it will cost you £1,700 in quarantine bills. But if you enter illegally you don't have to pay. My money saving tip for this week.
    You were previously complaining (incorrectly, it wasn’t true even when you said it and things have got much stricter since) about people being able to waltz in to the country as they pleased and now you’re complaining that they can’t?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the latest row is about summer holidays.

Media attacking Matt Hancock for saying he has booked his to Cornwall & also attacking Boris/Shapps for saying its too early to book one this year.

Don’t get me wrong, it would be nice if the government actually managed to all be on the same page when it comes to messaging but for once, cant people take a bit of personal responsibility?

It’s a pandemic, booking holidays is a risk. We all want one, but make sure you book with a company that has a good refund policy especially in Covid but also be sensible with choices. If you book an all inclusive holiday to South Africa for the summer, then frankly you are an idiot. If you book a cottage in Cornwall you are probably going to be ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even the WAPO loves the WHO's latest pro-Chinese propaganda campaign. If you recall, the WHO has concluded it has no fucking idea where the virus came from, but it definitely wasn't from a Chinese lab. Apparently, in many years we'll have answers. Good job. Keep paying them.
    WHO aren't being Pro-Chinese at all, they can only do what they can do. The same thing happened with SARS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post

Media attacking Matt Hancock for saying he has booked his to Cornwall & also attacking Boris/Shapps for saying its too early to book one this year.

Don’t get me wrong, it would be nice if the government actually managed to all be on the same page when it comes to messaging but for once, cant people take a bit of personal responsibility?

It’s a pandemic, booking holidays is a risk. We all want one, but make sure you book with a company that has a good refund policy especially in Covid but also be sensible with choices. If you book an all inclusive holiday to South Africa for the summer, then frankly you are an idiot. If you book a cottage in Cornwall you are probably going to be ok.
    Yeah. I'm not booking anything yet. Although I agree that booking something for this summer in the country with a decent refund policy is fairly safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah. I'm not booking anything yet. Although I agree that booking something for this summer in the country with a decent refund policy is fairly safe.
    we've booked our usual self catering place in Britain and they have a good refund policy so all sorted - booking foreign travel would be insane IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post

I don't understand people's fascinations with booking holidays now or even throughout the pandemic, most places are still having some kind of lockdowns and have had for the best part of a year now.

Don't get me wrong I would like a break, but I am not so sure I would be too happy paying thousands to sit in a hotel room or around a pool wearing a mask.

It seems like a giant waste of money to me until we know more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the shows we had planned for last year got moved to this year and have now been moved to next
    At this rate we'll be watching Peppa Pig's Best Day Ever just before the boy goes off to Uni

We wrote off the idea of a holiday last year but then did book something at relatively short notice. Not sure what we'll do this year.